Arizona Cardinals off-season. 1/8/23-1/15/23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Thailand does have football. Maybe Kliff is planning a Ted Lasso reemergence.

#believe

You must be registered for see images attach

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He also lost games where our defense shined and he won games where our defense bailed him out

It wasn't the defense, or injuries, or talent. Kliff Kingsbury is simply in the sub-500 variety of head coaches. Number one draft pick QB, couldn't utilize him or apparently even get him to buy in, let alone respect him.

Tell us how you really feel. It was a pretty group failure effort though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He also was the OC for a Heisman Winner at Texas A&M. I don't think he is the failure at OC that some make him out to be--head coaching is apparently too big an ask though.
While that’s good for him, Johnny had an even better year the next year after Kliff left.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah but it's guff.

You're telling me Pederson didn't have immediate interest in his services? Or Fangio?

Perfectly normal for guys to take a year after a HC firing.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff doesn't have to work another day in his life if he so chooses. He's young enough he probably will at some point, but he doesn't have to.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah but it's guff.

You're telling me Pederson didn't have immediate interest in his services? Or Fangio?

The point of the article is that Bidwill may have an out in continuing to pay Kingsbury at least a portion of his contract, assuming he put standard language in the contract that he alludes to. Not my money so I really don’t care but that is what he is alluding to.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The point of the article is that Bidwill may have an out in continuing to pay Kingsbury at least a portion of his contract, assuming he put standard language in the contract that he alludes to. Not my money so I really don’t care but that is what he is alluding to.

Bidwill ain't stiffing him. He said himself he's never seen a harder working guy. He's going to give him a year. Maybe next year he'll start grumbling but he likely has a job then.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bidwill ain't stiffing him. He said himself he's never seen a harder working guy. He's going to give him a year. Maybe next year he'll start grumbling but he likely has a job then.

Nobody is going to pay what they aren’t obligated to pay. Let alone millions.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah but it's guff.

Doug Pederson signed a contract extension AFTER winning the SB in Philly. He likely got the duty to offset removed from his new contract

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Doug Pederson signed a contract extension AFTER winning the SB in Philly. He likely got the duty to offset removed from his new contract
Do we know for sure Kliff's had the duty to mitigate clause?

Also, isn't it likely that it only applies when the new league year starts?

football karma

Reaction score
Do we know for sure Kliff's had the duty to mitigate clause?

Also, isn't it likely that it only applies when the new league year starts?

we dont know

but: if the Bidwill family has one core competency, its not spending money they arent required to.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
we dont know

but: if the Bidwill family has one core competency, its not spending money they arent required to.
But like I also said, it likely wouldn't even apply until the new league year starts....so if Kliff wants to take a few weeks to be in Thailand with his lady, he's got no issues.

football karma

Reaction score
But like I also said, it likely wouldn't even apply until the new league year starts....so if Kliff wants to take a few weeks to be in Thailand with his lady, he's got no issues.
i dont think the league year thing matter

also: it was reported that Kliff told teams he isnt looking for a coaching position in 2023.

If that clause were there, i doubt Kliff's first act is a middle finger to Michael.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
i dont think the league year thing matter

also: it was reported that Kliff told teams he isnt looking for a coaching position in 2023.

If that clause were there, i doubt Kliff's first act is a middle finger to Michael.
Shrager used 'not this time' in his reporting. I didn't see anything different than that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Because he’s looking for the right situation. If the right situation presents itself, you take it. If you don’t see what you like, you enjoy the life you have.

Also, it’s very fun to have people fly you around on private jets and tell them how much they’d love to give you millions of dollars.
I know right? God I just LOVE it when they do that!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So, burying your team in a deficit on defense isn't bad? Combining your defense burying your team in a deficit followed by your offense (run by your "star" QB) giving you nothing is a recipe for a bad football team. Which we were. Injuries made it worse, but we weren't getting anywhere this season regardless.

This roster is clearly in need of major surgery.
Your confused Stout.

It was first quarter points scored by our offense.
We didnt score in the 1st quarter until we got a FG against Seattle in week 6

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So all those people that said he wouldn't even get a shot at being a NFL OC were a little off.

I actually thought he'd be back in college football before the NFL.
I wasn't aware he became an NFL OC or even had solid job offers. That opinion's not off until and unless that happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose