Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I somewhat agree with this but I also will state that most of the people calling for Keim to be fired were not a Keim fans before the incident. It seems like peoples view of Keim before this incident drives how people view the incident (on both sides).
Not me. I’ve been squarely on the fence about Keim. He’s done well with one-year prove it wonders. He stole chandler. He’s uncovered some gems. His patience and trade for Rosen was masterful. His track record with first and second round picks is spotty at best.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ask your middle brother about that. I think any attorney familiar with DUI law would tell you that it is NEVER to your benefit to take the tests. (And Keim DID take some, but it looked as though he refused the ones that could've been affected by a bad knee.)

There has probably never in history been a case where a cop has said, "You know what, I pulled you over because I thought you were DUI, but you did great on the tests so I guess I was wrong - you're free to go!"

I've been pulled over multiple times (long ago, in Georgia), told that I had been "swerving all over the road," and "failed all the field sobriety tests" - then blew a 0.0 since I had not been drinking. I'll tell you some even crazier stories some time.

...dave
Hey Dave - WRONG! I’ve been pulled over twice, did ALL of the field sobriety tests (because I had nothing to hide), passed and . . . GASP! The police officer said, “okay be careful driving home as it’s really foggy out” in one instance and “okay I pulled you over because your headlights weren’t on and that’s usually a sure sign of dui.” TWICE. PERSONALLY. once on the peninsula and another in Tahoe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I appreciate your words. Unfortunately, a lot of the "help" out there doesn't work very well. A lot of shoulder shrugging and people pointing you to AA. Every year I go sober for a few months at least, but it's really hard to maintain with work and trying to have some semblance of a social life.

It'd be easier if I had a wife, girlfriend, kids, but I don't, so I'm riding solo if I want to have people to spend time with - and frankly, most of my adult friends are drinkers. Drinking is THE activity, the rest are outliers.
These are good points. My drinking trickled to almost nothing with the lady and little boys in my life. And as I said before there’s not much good help until someone’s reached rock bottom which is a shame bc why wait that long??? I think it’s becasue most alcoholics won’t admit it until rock bottom. You’re a little unique in your recognition. But don’t let the lack of programs geared for you deter you. Keep trying different things. And figure out which friends won’t deny it and actually want to help. They’re the ones that you likely need at present.

Or knock up a pretty showgirl get hitched and stop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have different breath tests. The portable one a roadside officer gives you (unless things have changed) are not good in court for the actual reading that it gives you, but, it can and is used just to show that you have been drinking. A point against you if it registers anything. And if it's a high reading, it would be hard to get that out of a person's head.

The officer was looking for DUIs. That is perfectly obvious from his commentary on the film as he was following the vehicle. He was noting every little mistake made by the vehicle/driver. That is because he will use that tape to write his report later.
Uh yeah he was doing that because Keims actions gave him cause to question his sobriety. And hunting dui’s is what the police are supposed to do on a high drinking day like the Fourth of July. You know . . . enforce the law. How dare he?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Are you serious? Let's go through the thread. You liked TJ's post#13 that was about people overreacting to DUIs. Then liked Solar7's post 22 and 27 complaining that DUIs rules are too strict. You still hadn't actually said anything yourself on the thread... just supported posts that were posturing/defending what Keim did wasn't so bad.

Then we get to your first actual post of the thread. Post #41. Did you condemn him for his actions? Even say he needs a slap on the wrist? Or maybe needs to get help? Nope. You did none of the above. Your simply replied to someone else's post that Keim was one of the best GMs in the league.

Next, in post 101 from Hollywood, you liked another defense of Keim where it was even opined he he might have actually been high on paint fumes from a nearby house!

So, so far through multiple pages, you've liked a bunch of posts finding excuses for Keim, called him one of the best GMs in the league but actually said NOTHING about what he actually did. And the silence there is DEAFENING.

Then, in post 199, you started defending people being able to drive with 2-3 drinks and started into some whataboutism BS with cellphones to take the stink of Keim. Then, in post 214, before we knew the police report was wrong, you were actually defending him about lying to the cops.

That's all you've done on this thread... either supported rationalizations/excuses for his behavior, complimented Keim and vociferously attack other posters who condemned his actions. When you do all that yet never say ONE BAD WORD ABOUT WHAT KEIM DID, you sure as hell are defending his ass, clear as day.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out... or a judgmental prick.
Although it does take a lot of research on your part!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arizona currently has the most strictest DUI laws in the nation. This is the wrong state to drink and drive in. I don't see how you can say not much has changed in 30 years.
I think you can look at this thread for what Chris is talking about.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This issue is like talking politics or religion. Everyone will have there own opinion and argue their point. My two cents is I feel sorry for what Keim is going through. I’ve had friends and relatives get dui’s and it’s a pain in the arse what they go through.

That being said, Keim has the luxury of being able to afford a ride to and from anywhere. For him there really is no excuse to get a DUI. Now if he only had two beers and a shot and felt fine to drive then I am in his corner all the way because that amount of alcohol in your system should not impair your driving enough to make you a danger to anyone else on the road.

The legal limit should be .15 for drinking. .08 is rediculus. If a person drinks two beers they are legally drunk in today’s society and that is just stupid. So many DUI’s should not even happen if the limit was at a reasonable rate.

Now with that being said everyone should know if they have had more than a few drinks to not drive. I am all for not driving drunk. I don’t want my family hurt by a drunk driver either. I do believe their is a happy medium when it comes to drinking and driving and not a zero tolerance. I would be more worried about a driver that just smoked a joint or had taken some other drugs than I would one that had a couple drinks.

Those are my thoughts on drinking and driving and many will not agree. I have been lucky in my life to have not ever had a DUI but I also have made an effort to not drink and drive the last 20 years. As a tugboat captain I would have lost my job and Merchant Marine license if I got a DUI. My wife is my DD and I am hers if she wants to drink.
A tug boat driver!?! Wow.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Keim does turn out to have a DUI, provided this is his second violation and his first was when he was employed by the Cardinals (hence, the NFL), then he should be suspended for 2018 because a general manager's contributions have no stop and go like a football game, it's one long unbroken activity. Saying one is suspended for six games would not affect his contributions, when he could just pass his notes over to someone else till he returns. Since he deals with information and applying the information, he should not be allowed to enter the facilities or contact his associates during the suspension... he is part of the Front Office whose members represent part of the authority which enables the NFL to judge from a implied standpoint of moral superiority, his penalty has to be twice as harsh as a player's to act under such authority with any credibility in my opinion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
what? You feel sorry for people who willingly put others at risk by driving while intoxicated. You don't have to be DRUNK to be barred from driving. It's not an all or nothing thing. If you're buzzed, that means you're slightly impaired and on streets where people are driving around massive machines at high speeds, one tenth of a second can lead to death.

And it's not legally drunk... it's under the influence and that number is there to try and keep people from getting killed.

As for your other point... why would you rather someone be drunk than stoned? I don't think you should be either, but have you had a lot of experience smoking? Or are you just bashing marijuana because you're afraid of it because the government said you should be for decades?
REEFER MADNESS!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The result of the test has come out?

Unfortunately, no. Floyd's numbers (as an example) were know in 7-9 days, but I believe that was a breathalyzer. Read one story that said Keim's blood results may take up to 3 full weeks.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Floyd's numbers (as an example) were know in 7-9 days, but I believe that was a breathalyzer. Read one story that said Keim's blood results may take up to 3 full weeks.

This thread will be over a thousand posts by then, 500 from @cheesebeef :)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankfully Keim didn't start throwing rocks at the police car. So at least there is that.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
what? You feel sorry for people who willingly put others at risk by driving while intoxicated. You don't have to be DRUNK to be barred from driving. It's not an all or nothing thing. If you're buzzed, that means you're slightly impaired and on streets where people are driving around massive machines at high speeds, one tenth of a second can lead to death.

And it's not legally drunk... it's under the influence and that number is there to try and keep people from getting killed.

As for your other point... why would you rather someone be drunk than stoned? I don't think you should be either, but have you had a lot of experience smoking? Or are you just bashing marijuana because you're afraid of it because the government said you should be for decades?
I’m not bashing Mary Jane. Personally I would feel a lot more comfortable driving after a couple of drinks than being stoned or on any other drug. My views on pot are I am for legalizing it. I think it is stupid that it is illegal in the first place but I don’t want anyone driving while they are high.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not bashing Mary Jane. Personally I would feel a lot more comfortable driving after a couple of drinks than being stoned or on any other drug. My views on pot are I am for legalizing it. I think it is stupid that it is illegal in the first place but I don’t want anyone driving while they are high.

gotcha.

I'd actually much rather drive with someone who just had a couple hits of joint than tipsy. Now, if you're talking about hot boxing an entire joint... well, yeah, but that's the equivalent of much more than just a couple drinks.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I drove thru Phoenix Goffstown and listened to sports radio several hours and different announcers. Not one did they mention this incident that I can recall. :cool::lol:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If he didn’t drink like you didn’t what is he apologizing for? Who apologizes for doing nothing wrong?

He could have been apologizing to the organization, the fans, and the league for the black mark it put on all of them. I clearly said he drank and he drove, but IMO the apology is not an admission of guilt. That is just my opinion I could be wrong, but I am sure the speech was written for him and well rehearsed before he made any statement. I am also sure he consulted an attorney before he spoke to the public as well. That is all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard