Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see how Mikey reacts. How he responds may set the tone/accountability moving forward.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“We are aware of the incident on Wednesday involving Steve Keim,” the team said in a statement. “He fully recognizes the seriousness of the situation and that this type of behavior is unacceptable and inexcusable. Steve immediately alerted the team who in turn reported it to the NFL as required under the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. We are continuing to gather information and will handle the matter appropriately and in accordance with all league policies as well as within the legal system.”
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-general-manager-steve-keim-cited-for-dui

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s see y’all tear him the pieces like y’all did the players like Floyd.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Let’s see y’all tear him the pieces like y’all did the players like Floyd.
Monumental difference. Floyd has a Long history of alcohol abuse stemming from college. Bidwill gave him a chance after his extreme DUI to show remorse and he chose not to take responsibility.

While obviously not the panacea to the situation, at least Keim is out in front of the situation.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Monumental difference. Floyd has a Long history of alcohol abuse stemming from college. Bidwill gave him a chance after his extreme DUI to show remorse and he chose not to take responsibility.

While obviously not the panacea to the situation, at least Keim is out in front of the situation.
Bullsh**** a DUI is a DUI POINT BLANK PERIOD!!

Where’s BIM telling the stories of friends getting killed because of drunk drivers? Usually first one to post. Now y’all are all quiet because he’s a GM? And a bad one at that. So much for DJ’s extension.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thank god it wasn’t a groping incident. Just a DUI so we can rest assured he won’t be fired right away at least.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Where’s BIM telling the stories of friends getting killed because of drunk drivers? Usually first one to post. Now y’all are all quiet because he’s a GM? And a bad one at that. So much for DJ’s extension.

Glad to know what your motive is. Take advantage of the matter because you think he’s a bad GM. Cool.

It’s not a good look, but what’s firing going to do?

I love BIM, but he greatly overreacts to these situations.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

You're being way over the top. Yes, this is a bad thing, however, he has no history of this whereas Michael Floyd had lots of history and was given a chance. you're asking for zero tolerance ...chill out.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After dealing with players who have been busted like that, seeing what happens with the league and in the court of public opinion, Keim certainly knows better. Of course, no one is ever accused of being brilliant in making decisions when drunk.

I think it is a fairly certain assumption that he won't be fired. Whether or not one of us would lose our jobs, how another person's situation was handled, etc. etc. does not make a bit of a difference.

This is a indefensible, inexcusable crime and there are civil and league penalties that will, most likely, be imposed. That's how it goes.

Too many people die when drunken idiots decide they are "OK" to get behind the wheel.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still amazed when people don't use Uber. Hopefully he wasn't actually drunk

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Holy crap this was posted two hours ago. Some of us have lives. You know, wake up, kiss the honey, feed the dogs, go to a nice breakfast before even thinking of looking in here.

This is an interesting scenario. It’s not quite like when a player does it because you don’t have the same mechanisms (suspension, fines, etc) for punishment. But we should definitely see something forthcoming.

And shame on you Keim. You just endangered others around you, in your community, the people who support your business, and have made it exponentially more difficult for you to hold players accountable for similar actions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Glad to know what your motive is. Take advantage of the matter because you think he’s a bad GM. Cool.

It’s not a good look, but what’s firing going to do?

I love BIM, but he greatly overreacts to these situations.
“Overreacts” to DUI? Can you overreact to recklessly get placing others lives in danger? I guess if he didn’t kill or maim anyone it’s okay, but otherwise it’s bad.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
“Overreacts” to DUI? Can you overreact to recklessly get placing others lives in danger? I guess if he didn’t kill or maim anyone it’s okay, but otherwise it’s bad.
I don't want to immediately rush in here and act like the DUI defense force, but there are definitely different levels of DUI. They're not one in the same. I want to know Keim's BAC before I decide to string him up.

Floyd was passed out at the wheel. That's unacceptable. I had a friend get a DUI with a .3. Not a .03, a .3. Unacceptable.

However, in college, I had a friend drive my drunk ass home when he had a .04 (legal limit of .08), but since he wasn't 21, it was zero tolerance, and he got a DUI.

I know we like to pretend that there is suddenly this sheer cliff where people are suddenly wildly incapable of driving, but given body weight and tolerance and all of those variables, it's not particularly true.

Edit: All of that said, when someone has the kind of coin Keim does, I don't understand how Uber isn't the first thing that comes to mind when this sort of thing is even slightly in question. I Ubered home from the sandwich shop by the bar that's 2 miles away yesterday, and I've never made a million dollars.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't want to immediately rush in here and act like the DUI defense force, but there are definitely different levels of DUI. They're not one in the same. I want to know Keim's BAC before I decide to string him up.

Floyd was passed out at the wheel. That's unacceptable. I had a friend get a DUI with a .3. Not a .03, a .3. Unacceptable.

However, in college, I had a friend drive my drunk ass home when he had a .04 (legal limit of .08), but since he wasn't 21, it was zero tolerance, and he got a DUI.

I know we like to pretend that there is suddenly this sheer cliff where people are suddenly wildly incapable of driving, but given body weight and tolerance and all of those variables, it's not particularly true.
But by and large the limit is set with some evidence-based design. It’s not a random threshold. It’s when the impairment is typically enough to create a dangerous level. Body weight doesn’t change anything other than the ability to have more drinks until reaching the threshold. And “tolerance” is waaaay to subjective a measure to rely upon from a legal perspective. We live in a society. As such we create laws for the betterment of all people. You live in the society you agree to abide by the laws. You don’t and you pay the consequences.

And Keim isn’t below 21 so the zero tolerance policy has no relevance to this conversation.

End of the day, particularly with the scrutiny of football, Keim should really know better. This is inexcusable.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
see what happens when you just drop a new contract on a fool to make him feel better

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim is now out of the crime and punishment business within the team's walls. He'll keep his job but he can't be a part of any suspension or fining or cutting for cause without total hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson