Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh: Because I like other people's posts I'm defending him?

Tell me cub... why have and use a like button if you're not agreeing with what was posted? I'm pretty sure it's because you agree with the content of the posts which were ALL defending him in one way shape or form.

That's a stretch as well I'm not calling for his firing is. Not everyone goes into hysterics like you do genius. Maybe I didn't say ONE BAD THING because I'm not a judgmental prick?

Or maybe it's because you're an enabler of terrible conduct simply because the guys who get in trouble wear Cardinals red. You can keep calling me names, but you're the one who keeps giving Cardinals excuses for anything they do, be it driving drunk or domestic violence.

Here's just one example of some beautiful equivocating for a guy who beats women.
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...gton-pleads-guilty.206485/page-8#post-2974268

There's a lot more like that in other threads... even posts where you claim Goodell is singling out Washington with his suspension for some reason which... as is usually the case with your posts defending Cardinals... was proven to be completely untrue and Washington was just an idiot who couldn't get his ish together.

Sue me for being a judgmental to prick about people who beat women and get multiple DUIs... and to those who wish to enable, minimize and excuse their inexcusable actions.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I do sometimes hit the like button, not because I like everything that was written in the post, but liked/agreed with one thing that might have been written in the post.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I do sometimes hit the like button, not because I like everything that was written in the post, but liked/agreed with one thing that might have been written in the post.

agreed. but when you're continually liking posts which are all minimizing actions or defending drunk driving in some way shape or form, there's an obvious pattern there.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, in this case, I hit the like button to let you know I read your post and acknowledge that you answered me, not necessarily because I "like" the post. It kinda keeps me from doing extra typing on my phone. Maybe that's not the way it's supposed to be used, but....

But, I do enjoy your posts, most of the time.:)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in this case, I hit the like button to let you know I read your post and acknowledge that you answered me, not necessarily because I "like" the post. It kinda keeps me from doing extra typing on my phone. Maybe that's not the way it's supposed to be used, but....

But, I do enjoy your posts, most of the time.:)

I get doing that too... but, again, the posts Cub was liking weren't in response to him. They were simply all posts minimizing or defending DUIs.

Reaction score
Tell me cub... why have and use a like button if you're not agreeing with what was posted? I'm pretty sure it's because you agree with the content of the posts which were ALL defending him in one way shape or form.

You can keep calling me names, but you're the one who keeps giving Cardinals excuses for anything they do, be it driving drunk or domestic violence.

Here's just one example of some beautiful equivocating for a guy who beats women.
https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...gton-pleads-guilty.206485/page-8#post-2974268

Sue me for being a judgmental to prick about people who beat women and get multiple DUIs... and to those who wish to enable, minimize and excuse their inexcusable actions.

For one you embellish. You definitely would make a good media person who embellishes a story to make it sell. Do you always have to agree with a post to like it? I liked Solar7's posts. One was because he was sharing some very personal info here. Doesn't mean I agree with it. It means I liked his post. You are too over the top on everything I post. You always go to the John Brown- Antonio Brown thing with me & you always make it something it wasn't. I never once said one was better than the other. Show me where? I said our 3 when healthy can put up the same numbers as their 3. Plain & simple. But you like to cherry pick. You do it all of the time. You might want to take a look in the mirror. I'm done with this argument.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and to do this on the 4th of July isn't just reckless, it's IDIOTIC. Anyone who drinks and ever has to think about this kind of stuff KNOWS that on that day/new year's and halloween, the cops are out in full force. And yet, he did this anyway which makes me question his intelligence even more.

right?? add in st patty's day...those are days I dont even pull out of my driveway...cops are doubled up and just looking for someone to bust

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For one you embellish.

Says the guy who claims I wanted Keim's career over and when I showed you exactly why that wasn't the case, you decided not to respond to what I wrote, but instead just called me a hypocrite?

Good one.

You definitely would make a good media person who embellishes a story to make it sell. Do you always have to agree with a post to like it? I liked Solar7's posts. One was because he was sharing some very personal info here. Doesn't mean I agree with it. It means I liked his post.

Are you serious? Come on. Why do you usually like things? I'm gonna guess it's because they're agreeable to you in some way shape or form. I don't know... maybe you're the rare bird who like things you hate for some reason. Prob not though... that would be pretty weird.

F
You are too over the top on everything I post.

It's literally impossible to be more over the top than the most over the top person on the board who says JB when healthy is AB's equal... that Bethel and Williams could man the CB spot... that we have the 10th best QB room in the league.

You always go to the John Brown- Antonio Brown thing with me & you always make it something it wasn't. I never once said one was better than the other. Show me where? I said our 3 when healthy can put up the same numbers as their 3. Plain & simple. But you like to cherry pick. You do it all of the time. You might want to take a look in the mirror. I'm done with this argument.

Just brought up your John Brown comparison in another thread. it was baseless then and even more so now. And the reason I always bring it up when you say something ridiculous is it was THE most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted on the board... well, until you started claiming we would have been 13-3 last year if we were perfectly healthy (which no team ever is) and that you had no fears about John Brown's injury problems going into last year... and finally, this year's whopper that we have a top 10 QB room in the league.

You can be done with the argument, but it doesn't change the fact that you minimize/enable and ignore domestic abusers and two time DUI dudes and then attack those who actually criticize terrible behavior.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The reason for this type of thread is because for decades now many of us have been affected by drinking and driving and have worked in some way to increase awareness of the hazards related to it. We've lost friends or family members to drunk drivers or been hit by a drunk driver personally. There have been many campaigns, groups, slogans, etc aimed at reducing the number of drunks on the road. For all the effort it seems like many in society still just don't care. They act like the people driving drunk are the real victims and the cops are just out to get them. With arrests like this, they immediately question whether alcohol was even a factor, compare it to other crimes, and do everything they can to basically say it's not really that big of a deal. They share what to do in case you get pulled over and have been drinking instead of being adamant about not drinking and driving. People talk all day long about it being "inexcusable and unacceptable" but those are just tough words. They don't want real consequences and are much more in favor of continuing to slap people on the wrists for getting DUI's. This was a big deal to me when I was in high school and lost a friend to a drunk driver. Sadly, not much has really changed in 30 plus years. We're sitting here having the same revolving arguments. I imagine if there were a decades long movement aimed at drivers who drove too fast and nothing much ever seemed to change then we'd have threads on speeders like we do on drunks.

to fix hiway speeding they just raise the limit...cant do that with booze.

I am all for waiting to see if he is guilty. But if he is,... they should stick it to him.
he represents a billion dollar corporation as the face of an nfl franchise. He has to be held to a higher standard as his actions reflect upon the entire organization. An organization that is very public in their work for kids...cant set a bad example. Some jobs you just cant afford to make a mistake.

as for dui in general?? first offense should come with a moderate fine, say... 1500 bucks... then revoke the drivers license for a year, followed by another year with the blow kit on the car. making a dude use public transportation for a year will either stop him from drinking or make him a total lush and help him get to his rock bottom.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
right?? add in st patty's day...those are days I dont even pull out of my driveway...cops are doubled up and just looking for someone to bust
Back in my drinking days, there was this popular spot that everyone would hit after the surrounding bars closed at 2am(this one was open until 4am). It was in a town where cops were ball busters. The trick to leaving was to go to your car and wait. Wait until someone else was dumb enough to pull out first then when you see the cop go by after that person, then you leave and take the shortest route out of the town. I used to wait until at least 2 cars left. That would clear out and lurking cops. Again, I know I had a few in me but I also knew that I would blow over a .10 but I was in no way inebriated. I was probably more alert than the cops who would stalk the bar.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been pulled over for dui when I hadnt had a drink in months. one doesnt have to be drinking in order for a cop to think you are drunk.
One night I was driving to go get my wife some cold medicine. A state trooper pulled me over because I had drifted to the white line twice. I've been in law enforcement my entire life and didn't realize that my tires hitting the paint on the shoulder was a crime. I tend to stay to the right(I'm not a middle of the road driver) so I'm apt to hit the rumble strips on the shoulder. He probably thought I had left the strip bar. He actually wrote me a warning. Funny thing is as a state LEO, I outranked him but I didn't pull rank. I just told him to stay safe and went about my business.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's asking for trouble. As a dept. You take him off the street let him go and then he goes and grabs his secondary car and drives away killing someone. Its happened and there is a reason why states have the mandatory hold time.

Yep it is a bad policy.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's smart enough to have one of thirty jobs on the planet and bring home a seven figure salary, along with negotiating huge contracts and managing a $150ish million dollar budget.

But, he may not be the wisest of persons out there.

Or his judgement might have been impared

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh: Because I like other people's posts I'm defending him? That's a stretch as well I'm not calling for his firing is. Not everyone goes into hysterics like you do genius. Maybe I didn't say ONE BAD THING because I'm not a judgmental prick?

This is out of line on many levels. Out of respect for you as a long time poster I have just put you half way to a ban. Please take your guff with Cheesebeef to PMs

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
This issue is like talking politics or religion. Everyone will have there own opinion and argue their point. My two cents is I feel sorry for what Keim is going through. I’ve had friends and relatives get dui’s and it’s a pain in the arse what they go through.

That being said, Keim has the luxury of being able to afford a ride to and from anywhere. For him there really is no excuse to get a DUI. Now if he only had two beers and a shot and felt fine to drive then I am in his corner all the way because that amount of alcohol in your system should not impair your driving enough to make you a danger to anyone else on the road.

The legal limit should be .15 for drinking. .08 is rediculus. If a person drinks two beers they are legally drunk in today’s society and that is just stupid. So many DUI’s should not even happen if the limit was at a reasonable rate.

Now with that being said everyone should know if they have had more than a few drinks to not drive. I am all for not driving drunk. I don’t want my family hurt by a drunk driver either. I do believe their is a happy medium when it comes to drinking and driving and not a zero tolerance. I would be more worried about a driver that just smoked a joint or had taken some other drugs than I would one that had a couple drinks.

Those are my thoughts on drinking and driving and many will not agree. I have been lucky in my life to have not ever had a DUI but I also have made an effort to not drink and drive the last 20 years. As a tugboat captain I would have lost my job and Merchant Marine license if I got a DUI. My wife is my DD and I am hers if she wants to drink.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fwiw, here's the top 10 dui offenders in New Mexico. Some of these people have as many as 10 DUIs!!! 10!!! How they are still on the street is a mystery

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This issue is like talking politics or religion. Everyone will have their own opinion and argue their point. My two cents is I feel sorry for what Keim is going through. I’ve had friends and relatives get dui’s and it’s a pain in the arse what they go through.

That being said, Keim has the luxury of being able to afford a ride to and from anywhere. For him there really is no excuse to get a DUI. Now if he only had two beers and a shot and felt fine to drive then I am in his corner all the way because that amount of alcohol in your system should not impair your driving enough to make you a danger to anyone else on the road.

The legal limit should be .15 for drinking. .08 is ridiculous. If a person drinks two beers they are legally drunk in today’s society and that is just stupid. So many DUI’s should not even happen if the limit was at a reasonable rate.

Now with that being said everyone should know if they have had more than a few drinks to not drive. I am all for not driving drunk. I don’t want my family hurt by a drunk driver either. I do believe their is a happy medium when it comes to drinking and driving and not a zero tolerance. I would be more worried about a driver that just smoked a joint or had taken some other drugs than I would one that had a couple drinks.

Those are my thoughts on drinking and driving and many will not agree. I have been lucky in my life to have not ever had a DUI but I also have made an effort to not drink and drive the last 20 years. As a tugboat captain I would have lost my job and Merchant Marine license if I got a DUI. My wife is my DD and I am hers if she wants to drink.

I don't feel sorry for Keim at all. He did this to himself. I believe he may have a drinking problem and should seek help for it, but getting a DUI was 100% avoidable and yet he still made the conscious decision to drink and drive. He is in no way the victim here. It's his second offense and he's not just out of college without legal representation this time around. We'll have to wait and see what his so-called "punishment" is from the league/team/law.

Also - There is NO excuse for ANYONE to get a DUI. None.

Oh no, it's a pain in the arse to go through the aftermath of getting a DUI? Good. Whatever the consequences are they need to be even worse. Maybe then people will actually stop drinking and driving.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This issue is like talking politics or religion. Everyone will have there own opinion and argue their point. My two cents is I feel sorry for what Keim is going through. I’ve had friends and relatives get dui’s and it’s a pain in the arse what they go through.

The legal limit should be .15 for drinking. .08 is rediculus. If a person drinks two beers they are legally drunk in today’s society and that is just stupid. So many DUI’s should not even happen if the limit was at a reasonable rate.

what? You feel sorry for people who willingly put others at risk by driving while intoxicated. You don't have to be DRUNK to be barred from driving. It's not an all or nothing thing. If you're buzzed, that means you're slightly impaired and on streets where people are driving around massive machines at high speeds, one tenth of a second can lead to death.

And it's not legally drunk... it's under the influence and that number is there to try and keep people from getting killed.

As for your other point... why would you rather someone be drunk than stoned? I don't think you should be either, but have you had a lot of experience smoking? Or are you just bashing marijuana because you're afraid of it because the government said you should be for decades?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I would be more worried about a driver that just smoked a joint or had taken some other drugs than I would one that had a couple drinks.

Some other drugs? Yes. A joint ? No.

In the end, I do not want anyone who is not of right mind driving a car and putting people in danger. Heck, I am more scared of over entitled soccer moms in tank-like SUVs that pay more attention to their phone then the road, then any of it.

Regardless, of the vice a person chooses, they should not drive under the influence or distracted.

But to each his own with their opinion on what is most dangerous, in the end, we are part of society, and especially on the road. Someone can make all the excuses they want about this or that, if you damage or take away something of mine because of negligence or irresponsibility, how many of something or to what amount a person has had will not matter, I will press charges, and try to damage that person to the fullest extent I can.

It is all a matter of, what if it happened or effected you, how would you feel and how would you react ?

A lot of people never see it that way, when they do something that infringes on another's rights or livelihood. They never think about if they were the one who did nothing wrong and had their lives effected by someone else's irresponsibility. Heck, I did not in my youth, but when I looked at it that way, it changed a lot for me.

We want to live free, right ? Well, that takes A LOT of self-responsibility. Yet, again, something people do not think about when they scream, "Freedom" out. They want the right to do whatever they want, they just do not what the responsibility and risk that goes with it, and it just doesn't work that way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He drank,he drove, he got arrested. We'll see if he is convicted. then we'll see what or what doesn't "hold". That's how, I've been arrested for DUI, guess what I don't drink. They got me to the station and I blew zeros. So forgive me if I don't follow your jump to the assumption that he is guilty routine. It happens.
If he didn’t drink like you didn’t what is he apologizing for? Who apologizes for doing nothing wrong?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're wrong. It does. DUI convictions carry probation (unsupervised). If you cop another one, you are deemed a repeat offender, and you will be bumped up to the next phase of penalties.
What? That means it increases the severity of the penalty you receive. It does not mean that you are less dangerous while driving drunk because you haven’t gotten busted before. Your reply leaves me wondering “wtf?!?”

Status
Not open for further replies.