Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Um no.

I like the office, but Seinfeld is funnier by far to me. George and Kramer are two of the best charachters ever on tv.
The office Christmas snip snap scene is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, Kyler is missing wide open guys, not doing pre snap reads, not doing post snap reads and general playing poorly. So yeah, I don't think McCoy would do those things.
Oof. You are losing cred if you think McCoy gives this team the best chance of winning.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof. You are losing cred if you think McCoy gives this team the best chance of winning.

Have you seen Kyler play recently? Missing open guys. A completion percentage way down despite YPA of only 5.6. A TD % half his career total. A passer rating lower than his rookie year. A QBR 8 whole points lower than his rookie year. Only 3 passing TD's in 3 games.

A 74% on target rate (down from 79% last year).

And all this while attempting 47 passes a game on average with only the 15th highest pressure rate in the league.

He's a dumpster fire at the moment. A bottom 5 starter in the league. Statistically worse than his first games as a rookie. In year 4!

I don't care what he CAN do. I care what he is doing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen Kyler play recently? Missing open guys. A completion percentage way down despite YPA of only 5.6. A TD % half his career total. A passer rating lower than his rookie year. A QBR 8 whole points lower than his rookie year. Only 3 passing TD's in 3 games.

A 74% on target rate (down from 79% last year).

And all this while attempting 47 passes a game on average with only the 15th highest pressure rate in the league.

He's a dumpster fire at the moment. A bottom 5 starter in the league. Statistically worse than his first games as a rookie. In year 4!

I don't care what he CAN do. I care what he is doing.
I watch every single play. Sometimes multiple times.

Kyler isn't playing well. That isn't up for debate. What is up for debate is you thinking that McCoy should be starting right now. You seem to be doubling down on it too. Crazy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't know. I really don't. Kliff can't control Kyler's getting carpal tunnel trying to level up in Halo Online during training camp. He can't control Hollywood having a hamstring injury or J.J. Watt getting COVID.

I blame Keim for whatever was going on with the offensive line and Hudson, or not being better prepared, or giving Hudson the Tom Terrific treatment for practicing. I blame Keim for dismantling the culture by letting captains leave season after season. I blame Keim for a WR room that went into the season one injury away from starting four WRs who are shorter than their tiny QB.

I blame Kliff for not playing Simmons in the preseason, for sure. I blame Kliff for continuing to play Obviously Cooked A.J. Green. Maybe there's culture on Hardy Drive where there's no pressure to work or even practice hard. If that's the case (and evidence points to it), that's totally on Kliff.

I don't know what "punting on the beginning of the season" means here. I think the first-quarter stuff is awful and Kliff has a huge responsibility for that (obviously). We are who our record says we are. We've lost two game by more than a TD; that's bad. We won a 50/50 game in overtime. We're one or two bad bounces from being 0-3 (which is different to me than saying "we should be 0-3 right now"). Our expected W-L says we're 0.9-2.1.

I'm not arguing to just give it time. I laugh when people say we just need to, like, get Rondale Moore back to become a functional offense again. I don't think that getting DHop back will suddenly resuscitate the offense from the first 10 games of 2021. But right now we're T-2nd in the division, which looks like it's in the running to be the worst in the league.

I'm just not ready to fold up the tent and start scouting off-ball linebackers for Keim to draft in the Top 5 next year. Yet.
By punting on the beginning of the season I’m talking about being unprepared. I’m talking about not playing starters even a skosh in preseason and then saying “we look like the first preseason game” after getting walloped in the first game of the game of the season. After hearing from Hollywood that our prep (and I’m paraphrasing) sucked compared to the ravens.

And note, I didn’t say we “should be 0-3” I said probabilities point in that direction. The small percentages of success for each and everything that had to go right went right for the raiders game shows that while such an outcome is (obvious) possible it was highly improbable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Depends on how high the ceiling the scheme takes you. I don’t think it’s high & sustainable, especially for a lengthy period of time. Evidence has shown that under Kliff dating back to college.
More of a point why McCoy was able to come in last year and win two games. If you are a smart, veteran, and marginally competent QB, you can execute this offense to a degree.

I do agree there is probably a low ceiling on how high that success can take you.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I actually think McCoy would be a better starter right now
Yes and no. Do I think McCoy could execute the offense with more timing and rhythm, yes. Because that is what McCoy does best and not what Kyler does best. Do I think McCoy could make the special plays we would need to be more competitive...no.

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not going to blame Keim for signing Watt. The Packers were super bowl contenders and wanted Watt.

However, its more if Keim just managed the roster better we could have kept Reddick and got Watt.
This. Watt's impact on the game is still among the NFL's top. Reddick, even with his two double-digit sack seasons, is nowhere close to Watt. I might be the minority on the board that I was and still am not that high on Reddick. Is he worth the 8M a year Carolina offered? Sure. But I would not want him for the deals that Eagles signed him for.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler just keeps saying crazy stuff. "I do what I'm asked to do." Really? If what you're asked to do isn't going to work based on how you're reading the defense, a "franchise" QB should be able to read a defense (No?), then you should maybe change the freaking play. Doesn't matter if Kliff doesn't like it, change the freaking play. Sort of like Warner did with Whiz. I know Warner had more cache' than Kyler does right now but crying out loud, quit passive/aggressively throwing your coach under the bus.
Kyler has really shown his true colors this off season and so far this season. Never him, never his fault, always someone else or some excuse. His youth is no longer an excuse IMO.
I guess he’s being told to ignore the open receiver…..

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes and no. Do I think McCoy could execute the offense with more timing and rhythm, yes. Because that is what McCoy does best and not what Kyler does best. Do I think McCoy could make the special plays we would need to be more competitive...no.

And I agree.

But there are 20x more plays where you just need timing and rhythm than there are where you need "special plays".

And if you get the normal plays right you don't need the special plays to dig you out of the hole you created.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This. Watt's impact on the game is still among the NFL's top. Reddick, even with his two double-digit sack seasons, is nowhere close to Watt. I might be the minority on the board that I was and still am not that high on Reddick. Is he worth the 8M a year Carolina offered? Sure. But I would not want him for the deals that Eagles signed him for.
Has he played half a season for us yet?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose