Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Fantasy related) Excerpt from a yahoo article:

Kyler Murray @ Carolina Panthers

Volume has helped Murray’s fantasy value stay afloat, but the QB is off to an extremely rough start. In fact, his 5.6 YPA is better than only Mitch Trubisky's (5.5), and Murray has played every game indoors. Put differently, Murray ranks second in pass attempts yet 12th in yards. Volume may not be there Sunday in a matchup with a low total (43.5 points) and featuring an Arizona team that ranks last in Pace in neutral situations. They also rank toward the bottom of the league in pre-snap motion and play action, so it’s not all Murray’s fault. The Cardinals don’t figure to be playing from behind as much this week either, after trailing a combined 31-0 after the first quarter over the first three games.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tyler Drake

@Tdrake4sports
·
9m

Rondale Moore said he was good or solid eight times when asked numerous times about how he was feeling and his status for Sunday. His interview spanned 1:21. Short and sweet without diving too far into things from the WR today.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's true. But if you ask any team before the game if they can live with Kupp only getting 64 total yards a only 1 TD. Every team in the league will take that. Every single one.
Would they also take 10 yards per pass attempt? That’s what the defense gave up. Not per completion, PER ATTEMPT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dunno. He got an extension but you imagine that his assistants are pretty inexpensive. Michael just got out from under the cost of Wilks' staff.

I'd guess the entire defensive staff is not under contract for 2023. You're probably paying Kliff as a bottom five coach (or at least somewhere in the middle) -- they certainly didn't release his salary updates.

One could imagine eating Kliff's deal if this season really ends in catastrophe. It would probably have to be like 5-12.

It's kind of fascinating that there's so much doom and gloom on the board right now. We're 1-2. Those games don't feel great, but this team didn't work much or much together in the preseason. It's not outside the realm of possibility that guys start working together and this ship gets righted.
It’s possible (let me know if you think there’s even a 50% chance of that occurring). But it’s still an indictment on kliff essentially punting on the beginning of the season. Rule of probabilities says we should be 0-3 right now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s possible (let me know if you think there’s even a 50% chance of that occurring). But it’s still an indictment on kliff essentially punting on the beginning of the season. Rule of probabilities says we should be 0-3 right now.
I don't know. I really don't. Kliff can't control Kyler's getting carpal tunnel trying to level up in Halo Online during training camp. He can't control Hollywood having a hamstring injury or J.J. Watt getting COVID.

I blame Keim for whatever was going on with the offensive line and Hudson, or not being better prepared, or giving Hudson the Tom Terrific treatment for practicing. I blame Keim for dismantling the culture by letting captains leave season after season. I blame Keim for a WR room that went into the season one injury away from starting four WRs who are shorter than their tiny QB.

I blame Kliff for not playing Simmons in the preseason, for sure. I blame Kliff for continuing to play Obviously Cooked A.J. Green. Maybe there's culture on Hardy Drive where there's no pressure to work or even practice hard. If that's the case (and evidence points to it), that's totally on Kliff.

I don't know what "punting on the beginning of the season" means here. I think the first-quarter stuff is awful and Kliff has a huge responsibility for that (obviously). We are who our record says we are. We've lost two game by more than a TD; that's bad. We won a 50/50 game in overtime. We're one or two bad bounces from being 0-3 (which is different to me than saying "we should be 0-3 right now"). Our expected W-L says we're 0.9-2.1.

I'm not arguing to just give it time. I laugh when people say we just need to, like, get Rondale Moore back to become a functional offense again. I don't think that getting DHop back will suddenly resuscitate the offense from the first 10 games of 2021. But right now we're T-2nd in the division, which looks like it's in the running to be the worst in the league.

I'm just not ready to fold up the tent and start scouting off-ball linebackers for Keim to draft in the Top 5 next year. Yet.