Arizona Cardinals’ 53-man roster prediction ahead of final cuts

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think fans appreciate how much this changes roster construction. Someone like McSorley as a 3rd QB for example can be parked on the PS and protected rather than take up a spot on the 53 (although for some reason they didn't do that with Streveler last year).
No one wants to add McSorley and keep them on their 52 for three or four weeks. It is good that you can protect OL, DL, and DBs though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one wants to add McSorley and keep them on their 52 for three or four weeks. It is good that you can protect OL, DL, and DBs though.

Not now no. But as soon as they lose a QB he is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That CB spot scares the heck out of me going into the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… listening to Phoenix radio today as I drove in from LA and you guys aren’t kidding… Wolf really doesn’t believe in Zaven Collins and to an extent, Simmons, listing ILB as a more concerning position than CB (where he assumes we have to make a trade to shore up).

But he seemed pretty dubious of those two guys being impact players and believes they have to be if this D is going to be any good.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
Man… listening to Phoenix radio today as I drove in from LA and you guys aren’t kidding… Wolf really doesn’t believe in Zaven Collins and to an extent, Simmons, listing ILB as a more concerning position than CB (where he assumes we have to make a trade to shore up).

But he seemed pretty dubious of those two guys being impact players and believes they have to be if this D is going to be any good.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If Wolf is dubious they will be great!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea well Wolf is usually giddy over trash and wrong so maybe that’s a good sign. We can only hope.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yea well Wolf is usually giddy over trash and wrong so maybe that’s a good sign. We can only hope.
Wolf never saw a Card he didn't like. If he's down on our chances, that canary is looking awfully sleepy.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was all over Joe Walker being cut. Only thing I saw him do in pre season was fall on a fumble that dropped right at his feet like a soft loaf of bread. Keep Wooten

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a small surprise to see long snapper Aaron Brewer and tight end Stephen Anderson on the cut list, but Brewer will undoubtedly be back after someone currently on the roster is placed on IR in the next day or two, allowing that player to return this season. Anderson too may fall into that category.

Full list

The full list of roster cuts:
  • TE Stephen Anderson
  • WR Andre Baccellia
  • WR Victor Bolden Jr.
  • LS Aaron Brewer
  • OL Rashaad Coward
  • S Tae Daley (waived/injured)
  • QB Jarrett Guarantano
  • OL Danny Isidora
  • DL Manny Jones
  • LB Devon Kennard
  • WR Jontre Kirklin
  • LB Jesse Luketa
  • OL Greg Long (waived/injured)
  • OL Josh Miles (waived/injured)
  • OL Justin Murray (injury settlement)
  • QB Trace McSorley
  • WR JaVonta Payton
  • TE Chris Pierce Jr. (waived/injured)
  • DL Christian Ringo (injury settlement)
  • TE Bernhard Seikovits
  • CB Jace Whittaker
  • S James Wiggins
  • DL Antwaun Woods
  • LB Chandler Wooten

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose