Are the Suns Going to Change Uniforms This Offseason?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that this was going to happen.. I thought they were going to do it last offseason but submitted the new uniforms too late.. Anyone know? Because I hate these current uniforms.. Never liked them..

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I thought that this was going to happen.. I thought they were going to do it last offseason but submitted the new uniforms too late.. Anyone know? Because I hate these current uniforms.. Never liked them..

That's my understanding that they're going to change for the upcoming season.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm hoping they release them for the draft. Sarver and Co got a lot of heat for leaving purple out of the new home floor. Hopefully if they were planning to leave it out of a uni redesign the backlash caused them to reconsider. I think we'll see home whites and road oranges with a black alternate. I can do without the black for a nice purple uni with orange trim. Black is overrated and overdone.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anything to get rid of these dog and pony jerseys please. Ive never purchased one.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Putting a huge chunk of grey to these jerseys never made sense. You have these really nice contrasting colors and then you throw a pile of flat, boring neutral grey...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Old school (Chambers/KJ)would be the obvious choice. Looks the best, connects with the past.

That said, zero percent chance Bobby agrees to that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old school (Chambers/KJ)would be the obvious choice. Looks the best, connects with the past.

That said, zero percent chance Bobby agrees to that.

agreed on both counts.

HooverDam

Reaction score
agreed on both counts.

Thirded.

If you want to know what next years uniforms will look like, look no further than the Suns court this year. It'll likely be that font, with heavy doses of orange and black, with purple either eliminated or downplayed to an extreme level.

Notice that the throwbacks the Suns wore this year were primarily black and orange? Notice that since Sarver has been in control its been "Planet Orange". Gone are the days of the "Purple Palace" and the Suns being "the Purple Gang From Phoenix".

Next year makes sense as a time to start w/ a new uniform, as it does seem to be the beginning of a new era for the Suns. But, being almost positive that the Purple will be gone and more of the Suns rich history will be squelched, is very disappointing.

If Sarver/Babby had any brains, they'd roll out these (with longer shorts) next year as the "new" uniforms:

You must be registered for see images

You could even add the Phoenix bird logo on the back of the neck above the players last name.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd love to see a modern take on those 80s uniforms. Something similar to what Golden State has done. If they're hell bent on being more orange and less purple they could reverse the scheme and they'd still look great.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm the only one who likes the current unis? :( The only ones I'm not a fan of is the all orange ones.

The all black throwbacks we used this season were SICK, though!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thirded.

If you want to know what next years uniforms will look like, look no further than the Suns court this year. It'll likely be that font, with heavy doses of orange and black, with purple either eliminated or downplayed to an extreme level.

Notice that the throwbacks the Suns wore this year were primarily black and orange? Notice that since Sarver has been in control its been "Planet Orange". Gone are the days of the "Purple Palace" and the Suns being "the Purple Gang From Phoenix".

Next year makes sense as a time to start w/ a new uniform, as it does seem to be the beginning of a new era for the Suns. But, being almost positive that the Purple will be gone and more of the Suns rich history will be squelched, is very disappointing.
Yeah, been one of my fears since Sarver took over - the removal of purple. Though orange is just too bright to be the primary color. I see them moving the direction of the Heat - red, orange and black. Hope I'm wrong though.

Would love to see a modernized version of the original uni's. Update the sun burst, use a modern font and add black trim to compliment the white trim.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous, people blaming Sarver for going away from Purple. :D

I couldn't care less, the purple jerseys so far were always the ugliest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Sarver/Babby had any brains, they'd roll out these (with longer shorts) next year as the "new" uniforms:

You could even add the Phoenix bird logo on the back of the neck above the players last name.

Those purple uniforms pictured with KJ are so ridiculously good it's a shame the Suns don't go back to them. The black uniforms worn by Barkley was a nice change-up but the purple uniforms are better by far.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I agree with Mainstreet and HooverDan. I want the classic purple KJ uniform back. Forever.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I would deal with orange if we could have the old 80s style. I'd even let them have home orange if we could have purple on the road.

I don't see the point of having black anywhere if you already have purple, though. Make it a dark purple--almost an indigo--if you really need it. I don't see kids wearing black hats these days like it's 1994. I see a lot of throwback Hornets hats, though. I see a lot of Warriors t-shirts. Give us what we want!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Love love love this look... but I cannot figure out how Barkley ended up wearing it for a game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Love love love this look... but I cannot figure out how Barkley ended up wearing it for a game.
A retro night? I can't believe how slim the Chuckster looked.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If my memory serves me, we wore the old unis during the 92 preseason. The new unis weren't broken out until the regular season.

That's a great uniform.

Stop Whining

Veteran
Reaction score
^Agreed, those old unis were sick. While theyre at it, change the floor back to the same era. This new floor looks like a WNBA court with a hiphop puke color scheme.