Any way Gregory falls to us with the failed drug test?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
it is possible.....but he stepped right up and accepted full responsibility....teams like seeing that no excuses kind of attitude.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
it is possible.....but he stepped right up and accepted full responsibility....teams like seeing that no excuses kind of attitude.

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He also said he had not smoked since Dec which sounds like BS. Cant be in your system that long

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also said he had not smoked since Dec which sounds like BS. Cant be in your system that long

yeah I am no expert but elevated THC levels don't last months.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The pot thing doesn't concern me at all. I wasn't a fan of his until I really dug into his tape. Over the last month, he climbed more on my list than any other player. I love the ferocity he finishes his plays with. I'm not sure he has enough ass in his pants to set the edge in our system but I think I may like him in the middle as a better pass rusher and block beater than Dansby.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Another example of JUCO baggage.

Always tough to not to take these things seriously...anytime you fail a test that you know is coming, makes me wonder how much you really care.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Article said he was 1 strike away from being kicked off the team.If he is that unreliable then no way Cards need to take a chance on him.One pothead (Washington) is enough,Let someone else deal with Gregory and his future failures and suspensions.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
All you have to do is talk with the kid. If you come away with even a small feeling similar to the one you had with Tyrann Mathieu, I am running to the podium to draft this kid.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another example of JUCO baggage.

Always tough to not to take these things seriously...anytime you fail a test that you know is coming, makes me wonder how much you really care.
This guy was a couple months of hard work from being a top five pick. And realistically it isn't even "hard" work. He's young, he's athletically gifted and already in playing shape. It's freaking easy for him to prep for the combine. But he throws millions of dollars away by showing up light and on drugs. It's mind boggling.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

Hasn't SMOKED since December. That doesn't mean he didn't eat some special brownies right before the combine. :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if he's a heavy user, the dude exercises enough that it would be gone from his system inside of a month. Lies!

If you couldn't get suspended in the NFL for smoking weed I'd say hell yeah, draft him.

even if your a heavy user and dont work out at all, its gone within 30 days.

and 30 days is a stretch, it typically doesnt stick around that long.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score

That's because it causes ones memory to fade....I've been told, if I remember correctly, or something.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
even if your a heavy user and dont work out at all, its gone within 30 days.

and 30 days is a stretch, it typically doesnt stick around that long.

INCORRECT.

THC stores in your fat cells...if you do nothing to burn those cells the drug sticks around.

December 31st 1999 was the last time I smoked....new years eve party......on February 25th 2000 I failed a urinalysis for western industrial glass and did not get the job.................nearly 60 days at that point and it was still strong enough to fail a test.
that tendency to stick around a while is exactly WHY that was the last time I smoked....really wanted that job.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not much of a fall if this happens.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
A landing spot for Randy Gregory: One scout noted his talent is “special.” Keep an eye on #Falcons at 8. ATL is open to edgier players now.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Not much of a fall if this happens.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
A landing spot for Randy Gregory: One scout noted his talent is “special.” Keep an eye on #Falcons at 8. ATL is open to edgier players now.

I'd agree. Atlanta has a strong chance to be his landing spot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pot thing doesn't concern me at all. I wasn't a fan of his until I really dug into his tape. Over the last month, he climbed more on my list than any other player. I love the ferocity he finishes his plays with. I'm not sure he has enough ass in his pants to set the edge in our system but I think I may like him in the middle as a better pass rusher and block beater than Dansby.

As always, it's not the kid smoked pot that is the concern. It's that he was dumb enough to do it that close to a test he knew he had to take. And that his response to it appears to be less than forthcoming.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, you don't keep elevated THC levels anywhere near that long.

Reaction score
I'm a daily smoker. I stopped for 10 days & passed a urine test. It all depends on the type of test they administer. Hair follicle test can show marijuana use from several years ago. I'm not sure how far back the blood test will detect weed but I would imagine it can detect it from longer than a couple weeks back.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely he could fall to 24. He could fall out of the 1st round all together.
Many teams won't touch players with 100 dollar talent and a 10 cent brain.
I'd have trouble drafting him in the 1st too. He KNEW he was going to be drug tested and still failed it. The NFL counts that as his first strike. Odds are he'll get another one...he's not going to stop. D Washington taught us the player does no good suspended.

If you think this guy is going to stop....you are a fool

and cubscardsfan - you can bet the NFL doesn't use the cheap test. Most companies won't spend the price to buy the better tests.

Most J's cost $10 at the shop...that J will have cost him over $1,000,000. Hope he enjoyed it.
His agent has got to be losing his mind....because he takes 20% and he lost that cut too.

Last edited: