Another anti-Warner thread? *ducks*

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Hey, I watched the game and was disgusted as you all, but I was talking to a buddy and it got me thinking.

We all know Warner has struggled against pretty much any defense with a pulse this year, and he has torched the awful teams of the West. My question is, do you honestly think that Leinart's numbers at this point would be all that different? Do you not think he would have had success against the Niners, Rams and Seahawks?

I dunno, not trying to start a flame war or anything, but after seeing what's happened the last few weeks (and in New York and Washington), I kind of believe that Warner's stats are rather inflated and really are nothing special.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You can't complain about Warner's play. QB's are going to throw some INT's. That's part of it. He's completing 68% of his passes(70% if you count the int's :D ) and that's throwing the ball 450+ times. He's throwing 1 pick every 43 passes. That's pretty good and even better when you consider 6 of them came in 2 games. And i was all for Leinart starting but i think it's hard to imagine him playing at that high of level. It's not impossible but unlikely. I will say the Cards may still be 7-5,ot better, with Leinart starting but we'll nevr know. We could also be sitting at 5-7.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
I will say the Cards may still be 7-5,ot better, with Leinart starting but we'll nevr know. We could also be sitting at 5-7
5-7 without a running game..no offense to Matt but I don't see him carrying the team through on his shoulders without a efficient running game

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
5-7 without a running game..no offense to Matt but I don't see him carrying the team through on his shoulders without a efficient running game

Theey need to use the pass to set up the running game...that's their most effective weapon...going forward with Warner. Trying to initiate the running attack at the beginning of the game and 2nd half is not working, nor is it working at the beginning of drives. This team needs to get to around mid-field and then try to initiate it more, IMHO. Until then dink and dunk and take a chance when the opportunity arises. Three wide/2 back sets!!!

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
He had over 300 yards against NYG ...what part is inflated there?

We ran the ball 15 times, the entire game. And 3 of those were for negative yardage, and 1 by our QB. 11 carries by TH, not hard to get 300 yards when all we do is pretend to be an Arena team, throwing it 50 to 60 times will never win a Superbowl. Lets play to our strengths sure, but lets not be stupid about WHIZ.

Atleast all the Kurt for MVP talk can die, that was fun to get some pub about it but in the end, we put our 1st round pick on the bench for another year, AWESOME decision Cards. IMO we could've still won this pathetic division w/ Leinart this season, I know not saying much, but we'd still be where we are at the end of the season and our QB of the future, would have much more experience and better prepared down the road to take us where we all want to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard