15 thoughts - training camp

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, it obviously depends on the definition of “all in.” To me, it is not only about spending a lot of money.

Oh, I certainly agree. :) I meant his spot in a literal way. As being one of the often used on offense in the passing attack. :) I am also very excited to see Kirk more inside. Do you also think he might be at least above average there?
That remains to be seen, but I think Kirk and Rondale opens up the playbook more.

Gandhi

Registered
Reaction score
unless kirk‘s arms lengthen or kyler’s inside accuracy improves, I’m not so hopeful

I think it is a more overall issue, CN, with Murray’s not-so-great intermediate throwing. I think that he needs to be better at taking what the defense gives him, and who knows if it will even result in a big play occasionally.

I do think Kirk is a better slot receiver than outside guy, and I do think it will be interesting if he can improve on his play – partly because of his and Murray’s relation.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you literally are.

...dbs
There is a difference between a darksider and being realistic. Don’t think you will want to research my years of posting. Most time my glass is almost always 3/4 full. The year we hired Wilks I predicted 3 wins. Last year I felt playoffs were within reach. This year I don’t think signing old and often injured players past their prime is the recipe for success.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it is a more overall issue, CN, with Murray’s not-so-great intermediate throwing. I think that he needs to be better at taking what the defense gives him, and who knows if it will even result in a big play occasionally.

I do think Kirk is a better slot receiver than outside guy, and I do think it will be interesting if he can improve on his play – partly because of his and Murray’s relation.
I have to admit, when we first drafted Kirk I thought he’d be a great slot guy. His stature and move abilities seem suited for that. But his big drops last year seemed to come on a shorter routes. Like he’s unable to adjust quickly enough on balls that reach him with velocity. That gives me concern about his play in the slot where his reaction time will likely be even shorter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is a difference between a darksider and being realistic. Don’t think you will want to research my years of posting. Most time my glass is almost always 3/4 full. The year we hired Wilks I predicted 3 wins. Last year I felt playoffs were within reach. This year I don’t think signing old and often injured players past their prime is the recipe for success.
Wear “darksiders” as a badge of honor. On this board it has more often than not equated to being realistic and proven correct.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wear “darksiders” as a badge of honor. On this board it has more often than not equated to being realistic and proven correct.
Right. Pan every Cardinals move every year.

Takes a ton of creativity and bravery.

It was hilarious to read you guys do this act in 2015 or in 2008.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Winning it all??? We’ll be lucky to win 8 games. Take the under. Not being a Debbie downer or a darksider. JMHO.

Yes, you literally are.

There is a difference between a darksider and being realistic. Don’t think you will want to research my years of posting.
Blah blah... when you say "We’ll be lucky to win 8 games. Take the under" you may or may not be right, but by definition you're definitely being a Debbie Downer.

...dbs

Last edited:

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Blah blah... when you say "We’ll be lucky to win 8 games. Take the under" you may or may not be right, but by definiteion you're definitely being a Debbie Downer.

...dbs
I look at the Cardinals as an around .500 ball club that could go either way depending on player growth and fit and injuries.

There have been years where the team was obviously going to be really bad, but this year isn't one of them.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blah blah... when you say "We’ll be lucky to win 8 games. Take the under" you may or may not be right, but by definiteion you're definitely being a Debbie Downer.

...dbs
Okay call it what you want. But forgive me if I don’t call a pig with lipstick beautiful. You’ve got that covered.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Except we didn’t because we praise the cardinals when they do well or when we see something we think will do well. We just don’t credit for it because you like to harp on the negative takes.

in the history of the cards in AZ who has been most accurate most frequently you think, darksiders or koolaid? A hint: not koolaid.

all one has to do is look at the suns board to see those tabbed as darksiders here being positive. In other words, darksiders isn’t a default, it’s driven by what we see from a mostly historically poorly run franchise. In The Whis and arians years were typically optimistic because we saw promise. In the Skelton-hall-scud years people complained about our “pessimism” lol at those complainers.

Fans that try to be realistic and temper expectations will always be called darksiders by those fans who refuse to read the tea leaves laid out before them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I look at the Cardinals as an around .500 ball club that could go either way depending on player growth and fit and injuries.

There have been years where the team was obviously going to be really bad, but this year isn't one of them.
I agree with your assessment but I’m leery of all the dependence on old, recently underperforming and injured players returning to higher standards.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except we didn’t because we praise the cardinals when they do well or when we see something we think will do well. We just don’t credit for it because you like to harp on the negative takes.

in the history of the cards in AZ who has been most accurate most frequently you think, darksiders or koolaid? A hint: not koolaid.

all one has to do is look at the suns board to see those tabbed as darksiders here being positive. In other words, darksiders isn’t a default, it’s driven by what we see from a mostly historically poorly run franchise. In The Whis and arians years were typically optimistic because we saw promise. In the Skelton-hall-scud years people complained about our “pessimism” lol at those complainers.

Fans that try to be realistic and temper expectations will always be called darksiders by those fans who refuse to read the tea leaves laid out before them.
Naw what I see along with quite a few others on this board is that you guys just tend to jump on most moves the team makes and a clock is right twice a day....except in the Cardinals history if I pan every move I'm right more often than not.

Either way, we're all fans of the same team and frankly, this topic has been one that has raged on since this board was started and as I get older I realize it's kind of dumb....and I wonder why I got involved in it in the first place LOL

As far as your second response, I think some times you have to take some risk in pro sports and we also don't know how personalities and such fit in the locker room. JJ Watt and Malcolm Butler are two vets I would bet will have a positive impact. I'm a bit more leery on Green and Conner, but I see the logic in bringing both in.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very well put

The Cardinals have constantly disappointed us and kicked us fans with our high expectations

They have made us darksiders because of the way they operate the franchise

I look at the Cardinals from all angles and appreciate all input from all posters

But to believe in everything the Cardinals do with rose colored glasses is not being open minded

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw what I see along with quite a few others on this board is that you guys just tend to jump on most moves the team makes and a clock is right twice a day....except in the Cardinals history if I pan every move I'm right more often than not.

actually, if you went back to those years, you'd see that we were excited about those years. Wiz had come off a solid 8-8 start in his first season and while I stomped hard for Leinart over Warner during the off-season, after his awful off-season and dreadful preseason game against the Raiders I was all aboard the Warner train. And I was leery when we made Arians our coach and didn't like all his bluster, by mid-season I was all in and predicted playoffs every year after that for the next three. I even picked us to go the Super Bowl in 2016! Hell... after last off-season, I even predicted us to make a deep playoff run and said we were going to be a darkhorse Super Bowl team AGAIN, after our off-season which I by in large loved.

But hey... why let facts get in the way! it's much easier to say a bunch of BS without ever backing it up. and then write a bunch of LOLs when presented with the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbaraGreenie