Annual St. Patrick's Day Cardinals" Mock

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
1. WR Dorial Green-Beckham, 6-5, 235, Oklahoma.

Green as a four leaf clover! I have a hunch that we will not be able to surpass the Seahawks until we find a WR who can pose significant problems for Richard Sherman. DGB is the one WR in this draft, imo, who could do that.

2. QB Bryce Petty, 6-3, 230, Baylor.

The Celtic meaning of the name Bryce is "swift." What I like about this Bryce is how swift and accurate his release is. I have the need at QB rated much higher than others and I think Bryce Petty would be a steal at #52.

3. CB Ronald Darby, 5'11, 195, Florida St.

The Celtic meaning of Darby is "freeman." I love the song Free Bird. Therefore, this sticky cover CB becomes a Cardinal "won't you fly high, free bird, yeah?"

4. OLB, Marcus Golden, 6-2, 255, Missouri.

Could Golden be the pot 'o gold we need on the edge? He's got the motor and was just as productive as teammate Ray.

5. RB David Cobb, 5-11, 230, Minnesota.

We get a tough, hard-nosed RB from Minnesota. Put that in your Cobb pipe and smoke it!

6. C Andy Gallik, 6-2, 300, Boston College.

Gallik is Gaelic for anchor.

7. TE Connor Hamlett, 6-7, 265, Oregon St.

This Connor is a Prince!

7. ILB Ben Heeney, 6-0, 235, Kansas.

This leprechaun is one heckuva tackler!

May the road rise up to meet ya! Erin Go Braugh!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not one player from Notre Dame?

You know I actually like Bryce Petty I think he has a legit shot to be the best QB in this draft I can easily see Winston flaming out due to off the field issues and we've seen a million system QBs fail I can see MM failing just like a whole bunch before him

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take Green-Beckham in R1 but no way to Petty in R2. Darby wouldn't be a bad R3 pick.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hate to admit this but SissyBoy actually came up with the idea of taking Green-Beckham in R1 a while ago and I thought that it was intriguing IF WE ENDED UP WITH AP. No one would be able to stop us from scoring. The D would be a little rough but man, that would be a sight to behold on offense.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I hate to admit this but SissyBoy actually came up with the idea of taking Green-Beckham in R1 a while ago and I thought that it was intriguing IF WE ENDED UP WITH AP. No one would be able to stop us from scoring. The D would be a little rough but man, that would be a sight to behold on offense.

You have a better memory than I. I don't ever remember coming up with that one. Must have been one of my other personalities.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I actually hate this mock.

I don't think it's a good one at all.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I actually hate this mock.

I don't think it's a good one at all.
Mitch is only semi-serious about this one. If you asked him for his prefered draft I think he would go in a different direction. There are also crazy mocks based on how weird their (draftees) names are.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vrey enjoyable, Mitch. But agree that there should have been someone from the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn