Your final 54 predictions

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kee and Dortsch should be WR5/6 over Izzy. Kee and Dortsch have shown then can make contested catches and run above average routes. Izzy can't catch, contested or free, and his routes suck. Trade Izzy and a 3rd to Patriots for Gilmore or Jackson. Izzy fits with Belichek. We get either of Pats CB and they take Alfords spot on the 54.

So a guy who can't catch is just what Belichek needs and if we throw in a third, we get a starting CB?

That's the ticket!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why Johnson over Isabella? They were drafted the same year and Isabella has 100 more yards and 3x the touchdowns.
Funny how stats can tell whatever story you want them to say.

KJ has played in 10 less games with more catches than AI and yes, 1 TD vs 3 TD.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Weinfuss seems like he just doesn't really know the Cardinals that well...

Well, he does have the benefit of a few "not for attribution" conversations with Card sources that fans don't have. One thing that he seems to understand is that the Cards always carry more 0-lineman than fans think when they draw up their final 53. With up to 16 PS, some of them vested veterans, it's difficult to nail down the final spots with this potential flexibility.
'

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Cardinal fans we have come to accept special teams as being able to tackle the return guy, reliable kicking but simply not botching the catch on returns is crap. I remember Jimmy Johnson talking about how important special teams were to success with field position
Don't concede any yards to an opponent, ever

Literally fight for every available yard you can get by any means

Why would you give your opponent yards?

It's like showing them you are giving up

You don't think all other aspects of teams are figuring out how to limit or gain yards on winning teams?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, he does have the benefit of a few "not for attribution" conversations with Card sources that fans don't have. One thing that he seems to understand is that the Cards always carry more 0-lineman than fans think when they draw up their final 53. With up to 16 PS, some of them vested veterans, it's difficult to nail down the final spots with this potential flexibility.
'
Michael Menet probably has 0% to make the active roster especially from what we've heard and seen this preseason.

There are a few other real head scratches too.

I dont see Wesley making the roster either.

No Tanner Vallejo? He is a core special teamer and if there is multiple injuries at ILB, they are going to need him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Apparently ESPNs metrics LOVE Kelvin Beacham. What a find he was. Fitzgerald said this offseason that he is also an amazing lockerroom guy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-080413_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-080413_ESPN.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210829-080406_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-080406_ESPN.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny how stats can tell whatever story you want them to say.

KJ has played in 10 less games with more catches than AI and yes, 1 TD vs 3 TD.

Games don't mean much for depth guys.

Keesean has played 130 more NFL snaps than Isabella yet has less yards and TDs.

We should all recognise that Isabella has been better than Johnson and one gets a free pass because they cost a 6th and the other gets nothing but grief because he was a late 2nd.

Neither can help where they were drafted and from a pure roster construction perspective you would have to have Isabella over Keesean.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Krang, I don't see Wesley making the 53, but I hope he does, or at least makes it to the PS. I like his upside more than Keysean and he's a bigger target. To be honest I have no idea how effective either are on Special Teams.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Keesean has played 130 more NFL snaps than Isabella yet has less yards and TDs.

We should all recognise that Isabella has been better than Johnson
Good point on snaps. But doesn't that same stat tell another story? AI has played 10 more games (30% more?) but has played 130 less snaps.

Second point- I don't think it's about draft position anymore...it's about performance. KJ has a much higher floor- he is a typical 5th/6th WR. AI can only do one thing at this point- go deep. He hasn't done that very well and has been very inconsistent. Unless something has dramatically changed this off-season, AI lacks the agility and football/game speed to be a productive NFL player.

At the end of the day, your main point (draft position) may be the only reason he makes the team.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good point on snaps. But doesn't that same stat tell another story? AI has played 10 more games (30% more?) but has played 130 less snaps.

Second point- I don't think it's about draft position anymore...it's about performance. KJ has a much higher floor- he is a typical 5th/6th WR. AI can only do one thing at this point- go deep. He hasn't done that very well and has been very inconsistent. Unless something has dramatically changed this off-season, AI lacks the agility and football/game speed to be a productive NFL player.

At the end of the day, your main point (draft position) may be the only reason he makes the team.

I think the snap differential is purely down to position. From day 1 Keesean was always an outside guy and when drafted our outside guys were none existent. His rookie seaosn Johnson started the season as the starting outside receiver with Kirk on the other side and Fitz in the slot. He was gradually replaced by Byrd and Cooper, neither of which were really outside guys either.

Isabella they penciled in as slot and he was stuck behind Fitz with the occasional outside rep.

They seem to have twigged now that he doesn;t have the agility or route tree to play inside and have moved him outside.

Both are underwhelming, but there's an argument to be made that if you are going to keep one or the other it should really be Andy.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why Johnson over Isabella? They were drafted the same year and Isabella has 100 more yards and 3x the touchdowns.
Watching the 49ers game and apparently Sherfield has been the WR star of camp.

Andy didnt get a shot at preseason. However, its becoming clear just how bad our WR coaching was the last couple of years.

Maybe we would have screwed it up with DK.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
So a guy who can't catch is just what Belichek needs and if we throw in a third, we get a starting CB?

That's the ticket!
Maybe Belichek can get Izzy to do something. He has always luke those small fast guy in his offense. It was also rumored for quite a while that Gilmore or Jackson could be had for a 2nd rd pick. With giving Izzy, we give a 3 instead.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Maybe Belichek can get Izzy to do something. He has always luke those small fast guy in his offense. It was also rumored for quite a while that Gilmore or Jackson could be had for a 2nd rd pick. With giving Izzy, we give a 3 instead.
Oh ,come on and let's say it, we all think Isabella is a good fit for the Pats because he fits the 'white' slot WRs which we identify with the Pats but the only problem is Isabella has issues getting of the jam, running routes and catching the ball with his hands in congested space. Makes no difference what color he is, I think you agree and I agree as most (except the great Walter Mitchell from Mass. who roots for his Rudy hometown boy) and that's what Isabella has to offer is limited and I value Dortch's catch in traffic during preseason more than Isabella's deep TD in regular season and it still looked like they might have caught him

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kee has hands, Izzy doesn't. IMO if Kee had the same reps Izzy has had, he'd have much better stats

Because Johnson runs better routes and catches with his hands... just a wild guess lol

Why does he have 100 yards less and 2 less TD's while having 130 more snaps then?

You can't say "Johnson is more talented" when the results on the field show less production.

Yes Johnson does have better hands but Isabella has much better speed. Maybe the difference in speed is more effective than the difference in hands?

Either way, if you look at both players on paper it's hard to find a rational argument for Keesean over Andy.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players I'm HOPING make the team:
Streveler-QB
Dortch-WR
Wesley-WR
Harris-TE
Dogbe-DL
Dimukeje-OLB
Hicks-ILB
Wiggins-S
And if not the 53, the PS.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players I'm HOPING make the team:
Streveler-QB
Dortch-WR
Wesley-WR
Harris-TE
Dogbe-DL
Dimukeje-OLB
Hicks-ILB
Wiggins-S
And if not the 53, the PS.
I understand, many of the players u listed are unknown material, is just pure hope they would contribute
Hicks will make the team cause in several packages we will see him, Simmons and Collins playing in the same time

Dogbe is a three year veteran but basically a rookie, he didn't show almost nothing

Streveler, has improved his release, touch abd accuracy, not saying he is a legit qb but can offered something in game day, qb sneak, and give some unpredictability

Wiggins can play special teams, abd dortch too
At least they have better ceiling then someone we know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA