Angelo Blackson and the DL

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Blackson really stood out against the Niners and make a few key plays.

The DL in general went from being the weak link a year ago to maybe the deepest unit on the team this year. I saw both rookies in there making plays as well as Allen from a year ago. Blackson, Peters and Phillips looked stout. Very happy so far with our defensive front!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our Defense was lights out yesterday. Gave up a quick 10, but dominated the rest of the game.

Held em to what 2-12 on 3rd downs? Shut down the passing attack held the SF WR to 3 catches and 40 yards.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Phillips was key on the goal line stand, he drives a hole in their OL about 3 yards deep, leaving just our LBs to stuff the run.

A thing of beauty.
correct, Phillips was in the backfield and the pulling guard was surprised by Phillips and had to jump around him to continue the lead block through the hole... this pulling guard was supposed to help clear Kennard out of the hole but was too late.

last years DL wouldve let them walk in.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im going to stand by my pre-draft prediction that Zach Allen is going to be a 10 year NFL vet in the mold of Justin Smith. He is big and strong, and plays with a great motor.

If we hit on Lawrence and Fetu....we could have a very solid 2nd unit of Allen - Fetu - Lawrence, all on rookie deals, that would allow us to be really good for the next few years.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Blackson was supposed to be a run stopping depth piece but look at this play:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He didn't finish it off, but we haven't had a DL making pass rush moves like this since Calais and Dockett. We may have struck gold with Blackson, who is now #3 on the DL in snaps. Hope he keeps it up.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I thought Blackson really stood out against the Niners and make a few key plays.

The DL in general went from being the weak link a year ago to maybe the deepest unit on the team this year. I saw both rookies in there making plays as well as Allen from a year ago. Blackson, Peters and Phillips looked stout. Very happy so far with our defensive front!
Agreed! Also I saw pff mention Rashard Lawrence getting credit for a 1 qb pressure and 1 qb hurry on only 15 snaps.

Such a big improvement on the d line this year

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Also I saw pff mention Rashard Lawrence getting credit for a 1 qb pressure and 1 qb hurry on only 15 snaps.

Such a big improvement on the d line this year

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Yep. It seems like all of the new additions on Defense are making key contributions already.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackson has been the greatest surprise of the season so far. had never even heard of him before game 1 where he seemed all over the place. made that stick in Game 2.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blackson was supposed to be a run stopping depth piece but look at this play:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He didn't finish it off, but we haven't had a DL making pass rush moves like this since Calais and Dockett. We may have struck gold with Blackson, who is now #3 on the DL in snaps. Hope he keeps it up.

Since Dockett left, the DL has been missing a dog. Glad someone is finally stepping up.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im going to stand by my pre-draft prediction that Zach Allen is going to be a 10 year NFL vet in the mold of Justin Smith. He is big and strong, and plays with a great motor.

If we hit on Lawrence and Fetu....we could have a very solid 2nd unit of Allen - Fetu - Lawrence, all on rookie deals, that would allow us to be really good for the next few years.

FOTU

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lawrence was the guy that never made sense going that late based on production at LSU, it was based entirely on his combine where he didn't run well and didn't lift all that great.

But he's turned out to be a good player, even if not a workout warrior.

Happy for him he may never be a pro bowler but he's got talent

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We have no #1s on the d-line, but many #2s. You can win with this if the linebackers and secondary do their jobs

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
This defense is starting to look pretty well rounded. Lots of names that I was not sure of, making their precense felt.

Blackson, Phillips and Allen are getting a push and staying in their lanes

Dveondre Campbell is all over the place. Reddick is playing physical and Smart for a change.

The secondary has played well. The high draft picks are starting to play better with the front 7 getting it done.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MCD, apologies Bro! I didn't see you had already posted pretty much the same as I just did!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me likely! He plays angry. What a great pick up. Admit it, 99.99% of us said, “ Who?” when we signed him.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Angelo has played well. Nice late pickup for the DL. I still would like to see better run defense overall by this team.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I wonder if D-hop saw something regarding Blackson while in Houston and gave the coaches intel on him

Or O’Brien and Steve Keim are closer than anyone can see. SK was on him immediately when he was available. Our transactions with the Texans reek of RICO/insider trading type activity. One more and citizens of Houston will ask the FBI to investigate.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or O’Brien and Steve Keim are closer than anyone can see. SK was on him immediately when he was available. Our transactions with the Texans reek of RICO/insider trading type activity. One more and citizens of Houston will ask the FBI to investigate.[/QUOTE

Obrien is my 2nd favorite GM now. We should all write him thank you letters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson