Andy Isabella

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, WRs are taught that, once it becomes clear the defender is making a play on the ball, that you do everything in your power to break up the pass. Not meekly watch while the DB tries to intercept the pass.
The way he was turned, he would have had to look behind him to see it, taking his eyes off of the ball...which you aren't supposed to do.

The defender flew from out of no where. It should be viewed as a good play by the defender. Nothing more or less.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way he was turned, he would have had to look behind him to see it, taking his eyes off of the ball...which you aren't supposed to do.

The defender flew from out of no where. It should be viewed as a good play by the defender. Nothing more or less.
I missed this play. Anyone have a sample of it?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd be with you, except he showed no recognition of the defender. He should have spotted him in his periphery and reacted. He didn't even react when the guy flashed in front of him. He was a statue on the sideline there.
Not true. He did react. He grasped at air. I laughed out loud when they kept showing the replay.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true. He did react. He grasped at air. I laughed out loud when they kept showing the replay.
That's also what you are supposed to do. If the defender didn't touch the ball, he needed to be ready to catch it.

Has anyone else besides me played WR before?

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Can we just cut Isabella and get it over with. We could use the roster spot and if he couldn't make an impact yesterday, he never will.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, WRs are taught that, once it becomes clear the defender is making a play on the ball, that you do everything in your power to break up the pass. Not meekly watch while the DB tries to intercept the pass.
Yep, like what the chiefs' nobody receiver did to Marco when Mahomes underthrew: He turned around and came back to attack the ball to make sure Marco can't get the INT.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Why are you guys beating the ish out of Andy?

Dudes a 5 (at best) to 6 WR in this league. He was thrust into the top 4 and suddenly he’s a big topic?

Haha

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's also what you are supposed to do. If the defender didn't touch the ball, he needed to be ready to catch it.

Has anyone else besides me played WR before?
He was about to body catch it too. If he would’ve tried hand catching it the defender may have hit his hands and it may have been PI called.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, like what the chiefs' nobody receiver did to Marco when Mahomes underthrew: He turned around and came back to attack the ball to make sure Marco can't get the INT.
That play was not similar at all. Jesus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

There are plenty of reasons to critique Isabella, but that play wasn't one of them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson