Andy Isabella

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Good lord, cut this guy already. I know we was not a direct factor in our loss today in the least, but there is something about a franchise holding onto a player like this which is just unacceptable. The guy is almost like a character out of movie as in "Master and Commander", that nice guy which is just incompetent at his job and curses the whole ship by no fault of his own but his ineptitude... and to make matters worse, I have to see him wearing Jim Hart's ole #

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it's a symbol of what if with Keim. If we don't blow all 3 WR picks that year we don't wind up in a situation where you have to trade for Hollywood. We made a great deal to get D Hop but if we hit on even one of those 3 picks in the Isabella draft we're more set at WR.

If we pick Wirfs or Jeudy or Lamb or the obvious guy now, Jefferson, we're stacked at WR or set at LT to let Hump go and use that money to sign FA's elsewhere.

But he missed on all 3 WR's, he missed on Simmons, too early to call on Collins I thought he looked ok today. But we had to trade for Hollywood because we lost Kirk and missed on those 3 WR's(and picked Simmons over WR's).

When you blow a pick in the first 2 rounds it has a domino effect.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
For me it's a symbol of what if with Keim. If we don't blow all 3 WR picks that year we don't wind up in a situation where you have to trade for Hollywood. We made a great deal to get D Hop but if we hit on even one of those 3 picks in the Isabella draft we're more set at WR.

If we pick Wirfs or Jeudy or Lamb or the obvious guy now, Jefferson, we're stacked at WR or set at LT to let Hump go and use that money to sign FA's elsewhere.

But he missed on all 3 WR's, he missed on Simmons, too early to call on Collins I thought he looked ok today. But we had to trade for Hollywood because we lost Kirk and missed on those 3 WR's(and picked Simmons over WR's).

When you blow a pick in the first 2 rounds it has a domino effect.

I’m ready to say he missed on Collins

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is his last week with the Cardinals
The coaching staff and km doesn't trust him and he isn't even playing special teams
I hope for him he has a future in the nfl and should just try it elsewhere

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think this is his last week with the Cardinals
The coaching staff and km doesn't trust him and he isn't even playing special teams
I hope for him he has a future in the nfl and should just try it elsewhere
I have no special hopes for him. A nice guy who is not qualify as a professional football player... join the club Andrew

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did you see how Karlaftis contributed in his first game for the Chiefs Today? That is what you expect from a first rounder
Exactly, I was a big fan of Jermain Johnson in the draft and was really pissed to see Kem trade away our pick where we could easily pick him off the board. I took a look at Jermaine Johson's stat sheet today and he had half a sack and one QB hit against Lamar. Talking about utilizing your draft picks........

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never understood how anyone could be a fan of Isabella. He's never done anything to show he's a quality NFL wideout. It's obvious that Kyler has no trust in him and he's just a bust. Not his fault he was drafted too high, heck he probably wouldn't have been drafted at all. Yet, he's still here. The curious case of Andy Isabella.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Isn't coming back to catch the ball one of the first things they teach a WR? Isabella has no redeeming qualities to be an NFL WR and that was pretty apparent very early on. Don't understand why people kept holding out hope for him. He's the definition of a waste of a roster spot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't coming back to catch the ball one of the first things they teach a WR? Isabella has no redeeming qualities to be an NFL WR and that was pretty apparent very early on. Don't understand why people kept holding out hope for him. He's the definition of a waste of a roster spot.
I really didn't want to defend Isabella, but this was a sideline grab and he needed to keep his feet in bounds. Hate on Andy all you want, but using that play as an example is just sour grapes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really didn't want to defend Isabella, but this was a sideline grab and he needed to keep his feet in bounds. Hate on Andy all you want, but using that play as an example is just sour grapes.
I'd be with you, except he showed no recognition of the defender. He should have spotted him in his periphery and reacted. He didn't even react when the guy flashed in front of him. He was a statue on the sideline there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WR's come back for the ball all the time while working the sidelines. He has zero ball skills.
Of course they do. That wasn't the route, or where the ball was thrown.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
The preseason Bidwill state media hyping of this guy was something else.
Of course, they did exactly what they had to do to trade the guy and he performed well in 'preseason', but then they do not trade him or probably the other teams were not fooled either despite the best efforts of mice and birds... but guess the Cardinals fooled themselves and believed their own ploy lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be with you, except he showed no recognition of the defender. He should have spotted him in his periphery and reacted. He didn't even react when the guy flashed in front of him. He was a statue on the sideline there.
React how? He was doing exactly what WRs are taught to do in that scenario.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
React how? He was doing exactly what WRs are taught to do in that scenario.
No, WRs are taught that, once it becomes clear the defender is making a play on the ball, that you do everything in your power to break up the pass. Not meekly watch while the DB tries to intercept the pass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard