Amare

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Can he play like this year round? Dude is killing it!

Last 10 games is the Stoudemire I fell in love with in the past.

BTW, looks like not having Barbosa the Blackhole Blur is allowing other players to get into an offensive rhythm. Can we just put this guy on the shelf for the rest of the season and try and trade him in the offseason?

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you glad nobody started thinking that way when the Suns had a surprisingly great season in 2005-06? It's hard to see why it's necessary to blame success of the team on an absent player.....ANY absent player.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their opinion regarding LB and i disagree with you. I disagree that he is a ball-hog you make him out to be. They are all getting the same coaching and supposedly think Barbosa will come out and do his own thing? Lets give him sometime on the court and see what he can do, if you respect this coaching staff and what they have done, you can be sure they will pull him if he is impacting the game negatively.
Plus remember, your 2nd Unit comprises mostly of guys who has never played in the playoffs, Barbosa has and that experience will help come post season.
Amare is playing like a beast, hope he keeps it up, but remember JRich's contribution goes a long way in helping this team with the wins, his numbers have been pretty impressive in the last couple of games.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
When LB comes back whose minutes does he get?

Dragic? JRich?

The Suns need a fourth guard but do you really want LB to take most of Dragics minutes?

I only see about 15 minutes a game for LB.

OP
OP
B

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Barbosa is shooting 9 shots a game in 19 minutes of playing time
Nash is shooting 12.5 shots in 33 minutes
Amare is shooting 15 in 35 minutes
JRich is 12.5 in 32 minutes.

Now you tell me, should a 42% fg percentage be taking the highest rate of shots...

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910PHO2.HTM

Barbosa is attempting 23 FG/48 min

Other notable players:

Stoudemire: 21 FG/48
Durant: 24.5/48
James: 24.5/48
Roy: 21/48
JJ: 23/48

Barbosa should not be among the team leaders in this stat, much less league leaders.

Been saying this for years, but, our shots, we average about 83 attempts/game should look like this...

1. Amare- 17
2. JRich- 14
3. Nash- 13
4. Hill- 9
5. Barbosa- 9
6. Frye- 7
7. Dragic 7
8. Lopez 4
9. Dudley 3

OP
OP
B

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
sorry that its a bit jumbled, I am at work. But the info is there. Barbosa is a hack, I'd rather run an 8 man roto, and disperse his shots.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
1. Amare- 17
2. JRich- 14
3. Nash- 13
4. Hill- 9
5. Barbosa- 9
6. Frye- 7
7. Dragic 7
8. Lopez 4
9. Dudley 3

Depending on match ups. The Suns are finally a deep team. Last night Frye was hot so he got RoLos minutes and so on.

With the emergence of Dragic who can score AND pass I really can't see Barbosa getting more than around 10 minutes a game on average.

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Amare is in a contract year----enough said...once we sign him to a big deal he will go back to being the amare of old

--thats A'more

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Barbs will be another weapon to rotate in and out. I agree with the comments about this being the coaching staff's job, and so far, they are doing a great job managing bench time.

Various players, starters and bench, have talked in the press about the team idea that they go with what is working - period. So, some games, Barbs will play a bunch of minutes and score a bunch. Others, he will barely play. Just like the rest of the Bench Mob.

That mentality and real bench depth is what makes this version of the Suns fun to watch, and dangerous in the early rounds of the playoffs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Amare is in a contract year----enough said...once we sign him to a big deal he will go back to being the amare of old

--thats A'more

Yeah considering how he was an all-nba player after he signed his first big contract......

This is just normal for Amare, he always elevates his game to another level after the allstar break and in the playoffs and that is most important.

What is that "old Amare"? How the **** can ***** ignorant fans claim that because of the first inconsistant weak half of this season after the eye surgery and the goggles and with Frye starting is anything like typical for what Amare gave us all the years before?

Ridiculous.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yeah considering how he was an all-nba player after he signed his first big contract......

This is just normal for Amare, he always elevates his game to another level after the allstar break and in the playoffs and that is most important.

What is that "old Amare"? How the **** can ***** ignorant fans claim that because of the first inconsistant weak half of this season after the eye surgery and the goggles and with Frye starting is anything like typical for what Amare gave us all the years before?

Ridiculous.

I don't think Amare will stop trying. I'm more concerned that once signed he will need to have his knees redrilled and by the time he completes the 2 year rehab he will be on the downside of his career and the franchise will be in ruins.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Amare will stop trying. I'm more concerned that once signed he will need to have his knees redrilled and by the time he completes the 2 year rehab he will be on the downside of his career and the franchise will be in ruins.

Yeah, I've had the same fear. The microfracture procedure has gotten better & athletes are coming back from it faster, but it's still a procedure that creates a temporary fix that wears out in 4-5 years... which is where Amare is now.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Now you tell me, should a 42% fg percentage be taking the highest rate of shots...
So you are saying that our coaching staff was instructing Barbosa to limit his shots, but he ignored them and defiantly kept doing as he pleased? That he kept padding his own stats because he cared more about scoring a lot of points than what the team needed of him?

If Barbosa shoots too much, it is because he is being told to keep shooting. He seems to me like a very easily coachable player, so it is up to Gentry to figure out how to use him most effectively. How quickly we forget how vital Barbosa has been to this team in the past when healthy.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910PHO2.HTM

Barbosa is attempting 23 FG/48 min

Other notable players:

Stoudemire: 21 FG/48
Durant: 24.5/48
James: 24.5/48
Roy: 21/48
JJ: 23/48

Barbosa should not be among the team leaders in this stat, much less league leaders.

Been saying this for years, but, our shots, we average about 83 attempts/game should look like this...

1. Amare- 17
2. JRich- 14
3. Nash- 13
4. Hill- 9
5. Barbosa- 9
6. Frye- 7
7. Dragic 7
8. Lopez 4
9. Dudley 3

Whatever LB did before he was sidelined, you can be sure he wont be doing it on his return. A few things have changed since he is being injured. Sometimes there is no better place for you to reflect than the sidelines.
The rotation has changed and the Suns is going for whatever works, which i think is great. Frye is not going to be hot every game and we have certainly seen the second unit sometimes struggle to score. I don't know whose minutes he will be taking but i am sure they will find him some. Wont be a bad idea to actually allow Nash rest more as his career progresses.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same fear. The microfracture procedure has gotten better & athletes are coming back from it faster, but it's still a procedure that creates a temporary fix that wears out in 4-5 years... which is where Amare is now.

Jason Kidd had it done like 2 years before Amare and hasn't had another procedure done by now.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ridiculous.
Awesome....I'm ******* sold!

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score

Ridiculous.

HAHA bro you are a joke!...amare always elevates his game in the second half of the season when it matters? please give me some examples...if what you say is true we would NOT be shopping Amare!...I hope amare keeps playing like this but dont you think its a bit convenient?? CONTRACT YEAR...enough said...hence why all these NBA players have huge years before they want a new deal..then they get lazy and dont give a F***...until the last year of there deal so they can sign a new one

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA bro you are a joke!...amare always elevates his game in the second half of the season when it matters? please give me some examples...if what you say is true we would NOT be shopping Amare!...I hope amare keeps playing like this but dont you think its a bit convenient?? CONTRACT YEAR...enough said...hence why all these NBA players have huge years before they want a new deal..then they get lazy and dont give a F***...until the last year of there deal so they can sign a new one

Amare's numbers aren't that much different than a non contract year. He must have wanted a new contract his entire career.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Are you sure you're talking about Amare Stoudemire? His numbers in this so-called contract year are right around his career average. An average that includes a rookie season.

This is the dumbest post I've read since Shaq was traded.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score

--thats A'more
The old Amare was an All-NBA 1st team or All NBA 2nd team player every year..

I guess its "what you have done for me lately" for some.

Amare has always elevated his game in the playoffs compared to his regular season. He scores and rebounds more, and scores just as efficiently.
He has a career average of 25/10 in the playoffs against some of the best defenses in the league.
It has to be the contract year! He never has played like this before.

What a dumb post.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Are you sure you're talking about Amare Stoudemire? His numbers in this so-called contract year are right around his career average. An average that includes a rookie season.

This is the dumbest post I've read since Shaq was traded.

His numbers since just before the All Star game are outrageous even for Amare.
Right now he's playing like all NBA first team, like he's playing with a purpose. For some players just being in the NBA is purpose enough every day.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His numbers since just before the All Star game are outrageous even for Amare.
Right now he's playing like all NBA first team, like he's playing with a purpose. For some players just being in the NBA is purpose enough every day.

And his numbers before that stretch, and epoch which was also part of his contract year, were not very good.

His recent play has been great, but I've seen him do this before.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If you can't make your point without putting **** profanity into your posts maybe you should buy a thesaurus or drop back into school.