Amare to Have Arthroscop Surgery

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
is only a hustle player who can rebound well on both ends. his defense is average if you're stretching it.

So u do agree he can Hustle + Good Rebounder on both ends: Hello!? Something the Suns kind of need. Hello.

And trust me, a guy who is an average defender on another team is going to look like jesus christ of all defenders on a Suns club. Don't even worry about that.

Hustle. Rebound. Defend = needed in Phoenix.

Anderson = needed in Phoenix.

Make sense? comprende?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
So u do agree he can Hustle + Good Rebounder on both ends: Hello!? Something the Suns kind of need. Hello.

And trust me, a guy who is an average defender on another team is going to look like jesus christ of all defenders on a Suns club. Don't even worry about that.

Make sense? comprende?

Not for the money he is asking.

I'd rather have KT, and he'd be a little cheaper.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

Make sense? comprende?

shawn marion is the definition of a hustle player. he can rebound on both ends just as well as varajao and he is more athletic for put-backs and dunks. he is also eons ahead of varajao on the offensive end. marion is an average defender and he does look great on the suns, yes. that is because he can guard almost every 1-3 in the league.

back to diaw: Diaw can do quite a bit on the offensive end including pass. he is rather soft on defense, though not the worst there could be.

varajao does not have 9 million dollars of value on any team, especially the suns. his signing would make skinner essentially useless, and skinner costs a lot less PLUS he is better on defense.

make sense? ¿Comprendes? <---note my proper spanish grammar/punctuation

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
If there's a silver lining here, maybe Boris will switch his light back on when he's thrust into the starting lineup again. :shrug:

This is the right knee, the 'healthy' knee (the left leg is his jumping leg). If Amare winds up needing **** surgery on his other knee on the heels of Kenyon Martin, Greg Oden might not play again for two years.

Anyway, best case, it's something loose, minor surgery and he'll be fine in late December. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Calm down, nothing serious, Raja had this done this offseason as well, Amare had this after his microscope as well.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score

Make sense? comprende?

there's the reason i put you on ignore! i knew you'd be back to your nonsense quickly. perhaps its because of the drinking.

either way, the player you speak of averages 6pts and 6 rbs. last year brian skinner avg'd 4 pts and 6 rebs in 8 less minutes.

so, the problem with ignore is that if people keep quoting you, i still have to read your inane garbage. so, can i make a request to everyone to stop quoting sunsman44?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calm down, nothing serious, Raja had this done this offseason as well, Amare had this after his microscope as well.

and Raja said it took him a good two months to recover and we have ZERO big man depth and we're depending on another player who's missed an average of 60 games a year the last 7 years.

fordronken

Reaction score
Nobody else wants to call him out on the fact that there is absolutely no way we're putting together a sign and trade for Varajao? The Cavs have to agree to the trade and the Suns have to take on payroll. You know who else would be great on this team? Baron Davis.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
That's what people said 2 years ago. How'd that turn out?

I hope that you're right, but when it comes to Amare's knees, nothing is for certain.

The_Matrix

Jump Program
Reaction score
Let's trade Amare for Kevin Garnett. This idea didn't get much support back when it was actually a possibility.

KG
Marion, Diaw
Hill
Bell, Leandro
Nash

Offense
Shooting: The same or slightly improved with KG's sweet jump shot
Post: Less explosive power but just imagine the Nash/KG pick and roll, combined with KG's post-up moves
Passing: KG career 4.5 apg, Amare career 1.2 apg

Defense
Vastly improved with Garnett, no possible argument. More blocks. More steals. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS.

Rebounding
One man led the league in rebounds last year

Window of opportunity/Don't trade for an older player/Marion is a crybaby/Amare + KG = Dynasty/
Amare has played a full season 3 out of 5 years. The last time KG didn't play 76+ games, the year was 1999. The last time Marion didn't play 79+ games was his rookie year. In 2005 we lost to the Spurs because we couldn't rebound. The first knee surgery wasted a year of Nash's prime. Jumping off the bench killed last year. And now...?

idiot:"Amare Diaw and Barbosa are our future core!!!!!!!!!!"
Spectacular. So Nash retires. Hill retires. Marion signs elsewhere. We're left with an inury-prone big man who averages 3.4 fouls per game over his career, a head case overweight Frenchman and a shoot-first Brazillian combo guard.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let's trade Amare for Kevin Garnett. This idea didn't get much support back when it was actually a possibility.

KG
Marion, Diaw
Hill
Bell, Leandro
Nash

Offense
Shooting: The same or slightly improved with KG's sweet jump shot
Post: Less explosive power but just imagine the Nash/KG pick and roll, combined with KG's post-up moves
Passing: KG career 4.5 apg, Amare career 1.2 apg

Defense
Vastly improved with Garnett, no possible argument. More blocks. More steals. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS. LESS FOULS.

Rebounding
One man led the league in rebounds last year

Window of opportunity/Don't trade for an older player/Marion is a crybaby/Amare + KG = Dynasty/
Amare has played a full season 3 out of 5 years. The last time KG didn't play 76+ games, the year was 1999. The last time Marion didn't play 79+ games was his rookie year. In 2005 we lost to the Spurs because we couldn't rebound. The first knee surgery wasted a year of Nash's prime. Jumping off the bench killed last year. And now...?

idiot:"Amare Diaw and Barbosa are our future core!!!!!!!!!!"
Spectacular. So Nash retires. Hill retires. Marion signs elsewhere. We're left with an inury-prone big man who averages 3.4 fouls per game over his career, a head case overweight Frenchman and a shoot-first Brazillian combo guard.

Is this April Fools? The news that he was going to undergo a minor procedure is barely 6 hours old, and people are writing junk like this??

Suns fans are fricking unbelievable. I never thought I'd say that Laker fans appear to have more common sense than Suns fans. Hopefully this is one of those "24 hour" things. Unbelievable.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That's what people said 2 years ago. How'd that turn out?

I hope that you're right, but when it comes to Amare's knees, nothing is for certain.

2 years ago they had a microscope because they didn't know what was wrong, then they found out.
This time they know what it is and thats basically it, he had that surgery before.

Errntknght

Reaction score
playstation,
the player you speak of averages 6pts and 6 rbs. last year brian skinner avg'd 4 pts and 6 rebs in 8 less minutes.

Whoa, there - I don't know what stats you looked at but according to mine Skinner played 67 games averaging 22.7 minutes and grabbing 385 rebounds while Varejao played 80 games, ave 23.7 minutes getting 533 rebounds. Doing the math shows Anderson out rebounded him by one per game in slightly more minutes. Quite a way from the same rebs in eight more minutes per game that you claimed.

That doesn't make him a nine million dollar a year player in my book but I do think he'd be better than Skinner for the Suns... in fact, I'd rather have him than the Diaw I'm afraid we'll see this year.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
playstation,

Whoa, there - I don't know what stats you looked at but according to mine Skinner played 67 games averaging 22.7 minutes and grabbing 385 rebounds while Varejao played 80 games, ave 23.7 minutes getting 533 rebounds. Doing the math shows Anderson out rebounded him by one per game in slightly more minutes. Quite a way from the same rebs in eight more minutes per game that you claimed.

That doesn't make him a nine million dollar a year player in my book but I do think he'd be better than Skinner for the Suns... in fact, I'd rather have him than the Diaw I'm afraid we'll see this year.

Exactly.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather have Varejao than Skinner too, but you seem to forget that Skinner signed for the vet minimum. Varejao won't sign for even the MLE, much less anything Sarver would pay for.

fordronken

Reaction score
Why is this still being discussed? If we offer the midlevel, he won't accept, and if he does, the Cavs match.

The only way to work out a sign and trade (and we'd be overpaying him if we did), would be to involve Marion. I don't see that happening. Give it up. It's dead. It's over. It was never even alive in the first place.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
ummmm

amare's fine

no need to dump our 20/10 all-star for 'superstud' 6pt/7reb anderson varejao

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Whether Amare is back in three weeks or not, this should be a reminder that he is a superstar on bad knees.

What are the odds of him lasting from the beginning of a season to the last game of the Championship series any year? Low to impossible.

Having a Kevin Garnett to play alongside Amare could have meant a Championship. Having KG to replace an ailing Amare would have kept us respectable.

Not having him is a waste of the Steve Nash years.

I can't tell you how much I hate the selfish, childish behavior of Shawn Marion in scaring Boston off from making the trade. Then pushing for his own trade to L.A. But I'll keep trying. :rolleyes:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'll admit I feared the worst, but it looks like the Suns have dodged a bullet this time.