Amare to Have Arthroscop Surgery

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
STOUDEMIRE TO HAVE ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY

PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns today announced that center Amaré Stoudemire will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee tomorrow, Tuesday, October 2.

Team orthopedic surgeon Dr. Thomas Carter will perform the surgery to remove a loose body. Carter performed microfracture surgery on Stoudemire’s left knee in October 2005. The 24-year-old Stoudemire will miss 2-3 weeks and is expected to have a full recovery.

The two-time All-Star and 2007 All-NBA First Team selection averaged 20.4 points and a career-high 9.6 rebounds last season, playing a full 82-game season after missing all but three games of the 2005-06 campaign due to injury.

2007 Phoenix Suns training camp runs Oct. 2-7 at McKale Center on the campus of the University of Arizona.

– Suns.com –

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I can't decide if this is some sort of sick joke or not. I can't help but picture the worst case scenario of another microfracture and yet another wasted year of Nash's prime.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see it posted on the site, do you have the link. Not that I don't believe you, been expecting something horrible to happen.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48295/20071001/amaré_to_undergo_knee_surgery/

The Phoenix Suns today announced that center Amaré Stoudemire will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee tomorrow, Tuesday, October 2.

Team orthopedic surgeon Dr. Thomas Carter will perform the surgery to remove a loose body. Carter performed microfracture surgery on Stoudemire’s left knee in October 2005. The 24-year-old Stoudemire will miss 2-3 weeks and is expected to have a full recovery.

The two-time All-Star and 2007 All-NBA First Team selection averaged 20.4 points and a career-high 9.6 rebounds last season, playing a full 82-game season after missing all but three games of the 2005-06 campaign due to injury

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/stat_071001.html

Some reason it wasn't up until I kept refreshing the page.

Edit:So who's excited about a Diaw/Marion starting frontcourt given everything thats gone on over the past year? Well atleast we signed Skinner..........I need a drink.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
how have grant hill's numbers looked when he's played center in the past?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
This sucks, I don't really believe anything the suns say in terms of timelines, and will amare go back a few steps again?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Probably an unattached fragment of cartilage... a bone chip is also a possibility, I imagine. Too bad it didn't happen in time to keep him off Team USA this summer.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
will this mean marion will not be traded?

can the suns just rest amare then let him play after the all-star break?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
and he needs to be done with the olympic crap, why can't these things happen like in Fing August???

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Well, dough-boy best be ready to play center again this year...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
f'n great.

as usual, it's a good thing we have good big man depth... oh wait... we don't.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I worry about this. Doesn't this seem a lot similar to what happened with Amare 2 years ago. They take the MRI and determine that he needs an exploratory surgery only to find out when they got in there that it was much worse then they thought and had to perform microfracture surgery.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I worry about this. Doesn't this seem a lot similar to what happened with Amare 2 years ago. They take the MRI and determine that he needs an exploratory surgery only to find out when they got in there that it was much worse then they thought and had to perform microfracture surgery.

yep.

and carter was the same cutter.

I almost fully expect to see a headline tomorrow

AMARE HAS (FORBIDDEN WORD), SUNS SAY OUT FOR JUST 4 MONTHS!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep.

and carter was the same cutter.

I almost fully expect to see a headline tomorrow

AMARE HAS (FORBIDDEN WORD), SUNS SAY OUT FOR JUST 4 MONTHS!

oh man, i will throw up if this happens.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
f'n great.

as usual, it's a good thing we have good big man depth... oh wait... we don't.

After I read a post you made yesterday about how great the Dbacks and Cards are playing was well as how well everything was going for you personally and professionally I couldn't help but think "great now the other shoe is going to drop". I just didn't want to say anything.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
Somebody give me a glass of gin or whiskey please...........straight up. No ice. I need to lay down a bit and disgest this information.

Oh lord. I cannot believe this crapp. Either Suns make a trade soon or get Marks, Skinner, and Diaw to prepare for hardcore minutes.

fordronken

Reaction score
If it is truly a minor surgery, then hopefully it will get guys minutes who prove they can make the rotation (Tucker/DJ). The other side is that if D'Antoni pushes up everybody's minutes to make up for it, this season is over.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I know the problem: The day before the coin clip Jerry Colangelo went to his favorite restaurant in Hungry Hill and spilled salt, crossed up a black cat, walked under a ladder, knocking it over, killing the black cat and breaking every mirror in a furniture store.

It all makes sense now.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it is truly a minor surgery, then hopefully it will get guys minutes who prove they can make the rotation (Tucker/DJ). The other side is that if D'Antoni pushes up everybody's minutes to make up for it, this season is over.

Sadly I fear the window will officially be shut as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember how mediocre we looked when... ugh, if he's out for even like the first month of the season, or struggling (lkike Kobe did for the first month last year), this team is gonna be hurting seeding wise, which means going through SA and Dallas and basically being screwed.

Good thing we saved 8 million dollars though. F'n weak.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard