Alright, what are you excited about related to this team outside of Kyler?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Isabella
Fitz
Suggs
New LB from Philly
Kirk

Seeing if DJ is a bum or not (53 yards a game last season isn't cutting it)
The O line - is it as bad as we think

The KK offense
The Vance joseph defense

Just glad it's NFL time again....I enjoy watching all the teams play...can't wait to see who the new guys in the league are that step up and the storylines that come to play

It'll be a horrible offseason with the collective bargaining ....it's gonna be UGLY and I mean UGLY and once week 14 hits it'll be all we hear about....so enjoy it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kingsbury's scheme

really hope to see evidence of an innovative play designer / caller that plays to the strengths of available talent

as an example: last year watching Kyle Shanahan's offense for the 49ers -- who were down to dregs at the skill positions -- you would see almost one play a drive where he produced an easy 10+ yards for his offense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how David Johnson and Chase Edmonds do this season. They should put up decent numbers (both rushing and receiving) in this offense.

Edmonds is a good one. I think he’ll make the biggest jump on this team this season.
Very concerned about Edmonds ability to pick up a blitz. He has been getting blown up. At least be able to chip to show the guy down

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I picked him up in the final round of my fantasy draft in case he turns into a boldin this year.

I did the same thing on 2 of them. Last pick of the draft.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KeeSean Johnson. I think this kid is going to be a solid contributor and will help keep the chains moving.
Me too.

Also - I think Kingsbury may have kept the wraps on Isabella and may have Murray throw to him "in space" on intermediate routes so he can do his thing in the open with the ball in his hands.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
K. Johnson, Z. Allen, B. Murphy, mostly. Also looking forward to DJ bouncing back and what the offense looks like and whether Fitz can come close to 90 catches.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
(KYLER MURRAY)

1. KJ. Excited about his potential. IMO when you have a roster hole like the Cardinals did at WR, you go out draft multiple prospects and the best will rise.

2. Murphy. That pass breakup he had against the Vikings was textbook Murphy. If he can do what he was doing at UW, he can be a good NFL CB.

3. Allen and Dogbe. Both flashed during the preseason. Like I said above, if you have a roster hole, draft 2-3 prospects. I like them both.

4. Sherfield. This is a guy who cant be counted out. On draft day it looked like he didnt really have a shot, but he was one of the bright spots of the preseason.

5. Swearinger. He's back and he's headhunting.

6. Kingsbury's offense. New and exciting, I have a good feeling about him. Everywhere he's been, every defense he's faced has problems stopping his offense. This isnt just scheme; this is the play to play chess match that is the game of football.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
first and for most a team that is competitiv

Than the rookies as every year and last but not least, D/ST and for sure Fitz hitting #2 all time.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Fitz getting number 2 all time.
David Johnson returning to form.
Christian Kirk and KeeSean Johnson.
Good defense and exciting offense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me crazy or a weirdo, but I'd like to see what is the ceiling of our offensive line.

I can give you that answer now - it is very low. Other than DJ who is a chronic underachiever, they are not athletic enough to be very good at all.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I can give you that answer now - it is very low. Other than DJ who is a chronic underachiever, they are not athletic enough to be very good at all.

Okay, maybe. I think there's a range that we could possible see, with "average" probably being the best case scenario.

Next would be "bad", and then "get your GM fired bad".

Maybe if they really believe in what K2 is doing on offense, they'll be inspired/motivated to try be the best they can be. I know that's getting into the realm of wishful thinking, but I honestly think there's a chance that this is true.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Zach Allen stopping the run will be the key to our defense this year I think. Peters needs a 2nd body. The 4 OLB's will be fine but the inner 3 scare the hell out of me.

Pugh, AQ, Sweezy is next. Inner pressure will kill us and they must perform.

then Keeshawn, Andy, and Kirk all making strides. KJ & Andy to NFL level performers, Kirk to a top 25 WR.

Finally, DJ. Was it a fluke? Can he protect the football? Can he pick up the blitz?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, maybe. I think there's a range that we could possible see, with "average" probably being the best case scenario.

Next would be "bad", and then "get your GM fired bad".

Maybe if they really believe in what K2 is doing on offense, they'll be inspired/motivated to try be the best they can be. I know that's getting into the realm of wishful thinking, but I honestly think there's a chance that this is true.

So the GM has never put together a decent OL, git an extreme DUI, spent some time in jail, was at least partially responsible for last season's coaching debacle and is fully responsible for the mostly putrid talent on defense and yet he still retains his job. Do you honestly think even if the OL gets Kyler the Magnificent killed MillerKeim will be fired?

I swear Keim must have pictures of Mikey banging Democrat transgender strippers or something because I have never seen ineffectiveness rewarded in such a way.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So the GM has never put together a decent OL, git an extreme DUI, spent some time in jail, was at least partially responsible for last season's coaching debacle and is fully responsible for the mostly putrid talent on defense and yet he still retains his job. Do you honestly think even if the OL gets Kyler the Magnificent killed MillerKeim will be fired?

I swear Keim must have pictures of Mikey banging Democrat transgender strippers or something because I have never seen ineffectiveness rewarded in such a way.

Lol.. Pretty good stuff AZCB34.

But seriously, I think SK still has a job, in part, because we are just 3 1/2 years removed from the NFC Conference final. It wasn't that long ago that we were close to the pinnacle of the NFL.

And I'm old enough to remember the long, long, playoff drought that preceded the 1998, upset playoff win vs. the hated Cowboys. Mikey B is too. Some 20 years without a playoff win before that day man. It sucked.

My point is that Keim earned quite a bit of good will with the nice run we made through the middle of this decade. Arians gets lots of credit, but so does Steve. We (us old timers) really, really appreciate getting to that level. It's happened twice in my lifetime.

So I'm thinking Keim gets one last chance to reset. I'm with you that last year in particular was completely unacceptable on every level. An embarrassment. Pathetic is a terrible word, but it unfortunately applies to the 2018 Arizona Cardinals. Keim's seat is hot. Right now. We must, must show progress, or I'm convinced he'll be canned.

Keim better pray that the oline stays healthy, because we'll need those guys just to get to six wins. If we drop off another 3-13, or maybe even a 4-12, Keim's out of here.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There's no excitement, just concern or relief. I have not worries about Kyler and believe he will be a stud unless the Cards botch him. It's Humprhies, David Johnson and Kirk who have to perform at a high level... with K 'ey West' Johnson being gravy :)

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
All the rookies. Plus Jordan Hicks. Think he is going to be a good player for us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol.. Pretty good stuff AZCB34.

But seriously, I think SK still has a job, in part, because we are just 3 1/2 years removed from the NFC Conference final. It wasn't that long ago that we were close to the pinnacle of the NFL.

And I'm old enough to remember the long, long, playoff drought that preceded the 1998, upset playoff win vs. the hated Cowboys. Mikey B is too. Some 20 years without a playoff win before that day man. It sucked.

My point is that Keim earned quite a bit of good will with the nice run we made through the middle of this decade. Arians gets lots of credit, but so does Steve. We (us old timers) really, really appreciate getting to that level. It's happened twice in my lifetime.

So I'm thinking Keim gets one last chance to reset. I'm with you that last year in particular was completely unacceptable on every level. An embarrassment. Pathetic is a terrible word, but it unfortunately applies to 2018 Arizona Cardinals. Keim's seat is hot. Right now. We must, must show progress, or I'm convinced he'll be canned.

Keim better pray that the oline stays healthy, because we'll need those guys just to get to six wins. If we drop off another 3-13, or maybe even a 4-12, Keim's out of here.

I was going to say the same thing; Steve Keim earned a long leash because his first three years the team won 35 ball games. That would constitute one of the best three year stretches in Cardinals history.

If the team had moved on last year, I would have understood completely, but I think the Bidwills believe he earned the benefit of the doubt.

If this year is a total disaster? I dont see how he can survive.