alien contact. Good idea?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main thing with the idea of contacting other life in space and worrying about the message we send, they wouldnt understand the message anyway. Hell, a drawing of a tree could be another planets swastica, we have no idea. Flashing lights and etc makes more sense to me than a message alone.

It is a tough question as yes, it could bring spoils but it could also bring doom. Do you risk it for acceleration even though it could mean catastrophe? I dont know.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pondering the other day, what if humans were, in fact, alien intruders on earth. We've just been here so long now that the truth is lost, but explains the stories of Adam & Eve.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say go for it. If they want to take us out and can make it here, I don't imagine we'll even get a warning. The positives outweigh the negatives. A little help from an intelligent species could save us from ourselves.

:bhiich::yoda:

Plus, Krepitch would put in a good word for the ASFN'ers. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't read the article but isn't it kind of moot? We've been announcing our presence to the universe for a century now, haven't we?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will go along with Stephen Hawking.

But those questions don't address the larger one: Whether it's a good idea to find out. Some scientists, most notably Stephen Hawking, are convinced the answer is a firm "No."

"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet," Hawking said in 2010. He has compared meeting aliens to Christopher Columbus meeting Native Americans: "That didn't turn out so well," he said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/space/why-these-scientists-fear-contact-space-aliens-n717271

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with alien life forms throughout a large part of my life...

I've been married 4 times..

:D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with alien life forms throughout a large part of my life...

I've been married 4 times..

:D

Hah, first thing I thought of was the song "I touch myself" by the Divinyls.

And I don't know nuttin' 'bout no aliens but I do plan on returning to my home planet in the next decade or two. I don't know where I'm from but there's no freaking way I could be native to this world.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard