OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Source: The Vancouver Sun

First it was Bradley Cooper who denied being cast in The A-Team as Face and later being officially confirmed for the role, and now it looks like former UFC world light heavyweight champion Quinton (Rampage) Jackson will indeed play Sgt. "B.A." Baracus after his agent said it wasn't true.

The Vancouver Sun reports that Jackson is in Vancouver to take on the role made famous by Mr. T in the 1980s TV series.

The Sun has learned Rampage was in Vancouver on August 19 to discuss the role with producers and arrived in town Friday to prepare for filming... Jackson will be in Vancouver shooting the film for the next six weeks.

If officially confirmed, he'll be joining Cooper and Liam Neeson, who's playing Hannibal, in the Joe Carnahan-directed film which 20th Century Fox plans to release on June 11, 2010.

Still to be cast is the role of Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quinton (Rampage) Jackson

You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First cast shot.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Quinton (Rampage) Jackson

Met him in Vegas, at last year's CES...he was a guest of a company I do business with...He's actually a pretty nice guy...not the sharpest tool in the shed, but nice.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz (the original faceman and murdock) have unnamed roles in it. And Gerald McRainey is in it, too. He was the rougher brother in Simon & Simon.

Man, I love 80's TV.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The A-Team

Release Date: June 11, 2010
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Joe Carnahan
Screenwriter: Skip Woods, Joe Carnahan, Brian Bloom
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of action and violence throughout, language and smoking)
Official Website: ATeam-movie.com

Starring: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Sharlto Copley, Jessica Biel, Patrick Wilson, Gerald McRane

Plot Summary: "The A-Team" follows the exciting and daring exploits of a colorful team of former Special Forces soldiers who were set up for a crime they did not commit. Going "rogue," they utilize their unique talents to try and clear their names and find the true culprit. Liam Neeson ("Taken"), Bradley Cooper ("The Hangover"), mixed martial arts champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and "District 9" sensation Sharlto Copley, are "The A-Team."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about this movie. One of those movies you really wish would be good, but probably won't be even close.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be that hard to make the A-Team an entertaining movie. Just have a bunch of explosions, a couple of car flips, and have Hannibal say "I love it when a plan comes together." That said you know they are going to try to have some character development, which I don't think is completely necessary unless they plan on having this as a franchise. If they can keep the development to a minimum, unless it is done well, then this movie is going to be a fun ride. I'm not expecting Shakespeare since I know the show but I do expect to enjoy myself quite a bit. This is the movie I have been waiting for quite a while and am so glad it is finally here.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be that hard to make the A-Team an entertaining movie. Just have a bunch of explosions, a couple of car flips, and have Hannibal say "I love it when a plan comes together." That said you know they are going to try to have some character development, which I don't think is completely necessary unless they plan on having this as a franchise. If they can keep the development to a minimum, unless it is done well, then this movie is going to be a fun ride. I'm not expecting Shakespeare since I know the show but I do expect to enjoy myself quite a bit. This is the movie I have been waiting for quite a while and am so glad it is finally here.

Even from the previews, you know they are going to spend a lot of time developing the most least interesting character (Face). Much more interested in how they develop Hannibal and hoping they don't make BA and Murdoch caricatures.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to love watching the A-Team as a kid. With that said, I have a bad feeling that this movie will suck. Still I'll probably go see it anyways.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie was really cheesy. But totally enjoyable and fun! Very cheesy just like the TV show. Anyone going into a movie that is parroting the 80's tv show and expecting wonderful cinema is an idiot. Nothing but a lose your mind popcorn flick that delivered on what it was copying IMO. The guy that played Murdock was a riot!

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
This movie was really cheesy. But totally enjoyable and fun! Very cheesy just like the TV show. Anyone going into a movie that is parroting the 80's tv show and expecting wonderful cinema is an idiot. Nothing but a lose your mind popcorn flick that delivered on what it was copying IMO. The guy that played Murdock was a riot!

Agreed 100%

Sharlto Copley stole the show. Could have cared less about Face.

But Rampage and Copley were awesome. I think Liam Neeson is forever the dude from Taken for me now.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I loved it. They did a great job in casting. I thought the BA role and the pick of Rampage was going to backfire big time but I thought he did a surprisingly great job.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murdock was far and away the best character.

When he parroted Blue Man Group and then turned it into the scene from Braveheart. I was laughing so hard I nearly fell outa my chair!

Last edited:

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Pure mindless fun. That is what a summer action movie should be. You guys were right Murdock stole the show. So glad the movie turned out to be fun.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I think that they should make it into a franchise and have full movies that play out as episodes of the television show.

In one movie they could be hired to protect a south american town from drug lords or rescue an american POW in North Korea and the titles could be cheesey like:

The A-Team: Welcome to the Jungle

or

All in, All out: The A-Team Chronicles

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i gotta tell you, I thought the previews looked like fun and that's exactly what the movie was. had enough callbacks to the original show that filled me nostalgia quotient and the cast was really solid (Rampage was the one character I bought into the least, but he was REALLY running uphill against a iconic figure like Mr. T). It was funny, had some ridiculously over-the-top but well done set-pieces and even the bad guys were solid.

i will say that i thought the cameo at the end was just odd.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really expected this movie to totally suck. I was surprised that it was quite entertaining. I did have a hard time accepting the new guy playing BA. However as the movie went on it became less of an issue for me. I thought that Cooper did a great job playing Face. Oh and Jessica is so damn HOT!!

Overall it was just a fun and entertaining movie that did the orignal series well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Better than I thought--liked the setup and the homages to the show. Although getting rid of the van at the very beginning was a little disappointing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really expected this movie to totally suck. I was surprised that it was quite entertaining. I did have a hard time accepting the new guy playing BA. However as the movie went on it became less of an issue for me. I thought that Cooper did a great job playing Face. Oh and Jessica is so damn HOT!!

Overall it was just a fun and entertaining movie that did the orignal series well.

Absolutely. I finally went to see this, and I had a blast. I had a quibble, but only a minor one: Face is supposed to go out and be a good con man every episode (or in the movie lol) and he never did that. He showed good charisma, yeah, but I really wanted them to give him a situation to shine in the con man role.

That said, Chap, the van had to go...it just wasn't topical to our time. I hated seeing it die too, but I understand why it had to die.

I agree that it was going to be tough for Jackson to get into BA, but I think the story did a good job of making the role his own. If they would have simply tried to make him an absolute clone, it wouldn't have worked. By giving him his entirely unique character arc, it helped Jackson create the role in a slightly different light. Well done.