Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A-Team movie moving forward
Source: Variety
October 11th, 2004

James Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein is adapting for the big screen the popular 1980's TV series The A-Team for 20th Century Fox, reports Variety. Stephen J. Cannell, who created the show, will produce the movie with Spike Seldin.

The series, which ran from 1983-87, followed an unofficial team of Vietnam vets who will stop at nothing to get the bad guys. Sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, these four commandos escaped from a maximum-security stockade and now survive in the Los Angeles underground as soldiers of fortune.

The trade says the new feature film will be updated from the Vietnam era and reflect contemporary issues and politics. The tone of the film will be less cartoony and more serious, in the vein of the "Die Hard and "Lethal Weapon" series.

Cannell said that Mr. T, who played B.A. Baracus, will likely make a cameo in the film.

Feirstein previously wrote the screenplays for 007 films Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and The World is Not Enough.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope they don't ruin it... it was a cool show because it was full of one liners, over the top stunts and a sort of "no way that is possible"

Like one of my favorite episodes where half the guys are going to be executed in prison via firing squad. Some how they snuck blanks into the rifles and gave the guys these pills that made them seem dead. So as the guns went off they swallowed the pills and their hearts stopped.... then they simply recused their lifeless bodies from the hearse and revived them and got away. It was a two part episode and it was so unbelievable that it was cool. Anyone else remember that episode????

I love it when plan comes together.....

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I hope they don't ruin it... it was a cool show because it was fully of one liners, over the top stunts and a sort of "no way that is possible"

Like one of my favorite episodes where half the guys are going to be executed in prison via firing squad. Some how they snuck blanks into the rifles and gave the guys these pills that made them seem dead. So as the guns went off they swallowed the pills and their hearts stopped.... then they simply recused their lifeless bodies from the hearse and revived them and got away. It was a two part episode and it was so unbelievable that it was cool. Anyone else remember that episode????

I love it when plan comes together.....

:|

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Man I hope they don't do this movie. It will ruin my memories of the old show. :|

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cell phone ringer is the A-Team theme. Daa da-da-da, daaa dada daaa.

BigMac1212

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't resist:

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escape a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Bang-Bang-Bang-Bang-Bang-Bang!

I pity the fool who dares replace Murdock!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A-Team

From allhiphop.com

THE NEW A-TEAM?

John Singleton is loving the revamping and revitalization of old stuff, eh? There was Shaft, Powerman / Luke Cage rumors and now The A-Team? The acclaimed director is bringing the 80’s cult classic back to theaters all over the place. RISKY MOVE. Now, one thing that might work is that they are saying that Mr. T will still play B.A. Baracus. There is a rumor that ICE CUBE might be cast in that role. NO. Don’t you DARE! Ice Cube has been the angry Black man for years and years, but it would be CRIMINAL for him to attempt to replace the iconic Mr. T. Not only would it be a crime, but it wouldn’t be fair to set Cube up for the failure like that. Its like performing after KRS-One…you can’t win!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard this is a hot movie in tinseltown. Clooney as Hannibal and some other big names (ala "Ocean's) in the rest of the cast.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Release date: June 12, 2009

Possible casting:

Director Singleton likes Woody Harrelson as "Howling Mad" Murdoch...

Ice Cube has shown interest in playing B.A. Baracus...

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possible casting:

Ice Cube has shown interest in playing B.A. Baracus...

I think there just might be the perfect fit for B.A. Beracus!!!!!!!!!

This guy----------------------------------->
You must be registered for see images

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce Willis as Hannibal in the A-Team Movie?

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/05/bruce-willis-as-hannibal-in-the-a-team-movie
The A-Team is a movie is slowly moving into the territory we once reserved for Indiana Jones 4. Every time I hear news about it, I doubt its ever going to get made.

Now we catch on that the favoured Mel Gibson for the role of the A-Team’s cigar loving cocky Col. John “Hannibal” Smith might actually fall to an actor who still stars in movies. Bruce Willis

MovieHole.net

None other than Bruce Willis. Yep, Bruno could be leading The A-Team. Now that could be cool. Maybe it’s even cooler than Mel Gibson leading the pack? Whatever-the-case, I can see it, I can see it.

John Singleton is attached to direct the “A-Team” movie, so personally, I’m expecting Tyrese Gibson – A Singleton film staple – to snag the B.A Baracus role.

I still think that Mel Gibson would have been the choice leadership role for this group. He has the swagger, and the charm that we all loved Hannibal for. But I could see Bruce Willis pulling this off too so I am not 100% against this rumoured casting, but I am leaning gently away from it. I still wouldnt mind it. If anyone can pull off cocky charm, Willis can.

Tyrese Gibson as B.A. I could deal with as well. Watch Transformers and when he is in the heat of battle just imagine him saying “LEFT CHEEK FOOL!” and you will see it too. I know this may not be popular, but the mohawk and chains are optional for me.

Yet to paraphrase the openning sequence of the show: Today still wanted by the 80s tv fans, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a need to see this movie. No one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can see, The A Team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce Willis works as Hannibal.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Singleton Quits A-Team Movie

27 October 2008 12:03 PM, PDT

Director John Singleton has pulled out of plans for a movie version of 1980s TV hit The A-team, after the project was postponed, according to reports.

The Boyz n the Hood film maker had signed to direct the picture, which was scheduled for release in June 2009.

But Daily Variety reports that Singleton cancelled his contract when the film was moved back a year to 2010, so Fox movie bosses could concentrate on an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel.

An A-Team movie has long been rumoured with a number of high profile stars touted to take on the roles made famous by George Peppard (Colonel John 'Hannibal' Smith ), Mr. T (Sergeant Bosco 'B.A' Baracas), Dirk Benedict (Lieutenant Templeton 'Faceman' Peck) and Dwight Schultz (Captain H.M. Murdock).

George Clooney has been linked with the Hannibal role and Ice Cube and Tyrese have both spoken of their desire to play B.A.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What!? They bump it for a sequal to the drek that was Alvin and the freakin' Chipmunks!? Hollywood idiocy at its finest.

Deciding they needed a big budget movie based on a fun, but flimsy, TV show was also Hollywood idiocy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard