A-Team (movie)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What!? They bump it for a sequal to the drek that was Alvin and the freakin' Chipmunks!? Hollywood idiocy at its finest.

Alvin and the Chipmunks made $350M worldwide, $218M domestic.

:thud:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, but there's kids movies, and then there's kids movies that ******** kids like to watch ;)

Please tell me you didnt just calll my kids ********? :mad:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Seriously.

What would you have our kids watch, Stout? Baby Hamlet?

I know you're joking, but come on.

Sheesh, I'm not nearly that highbrow; in fact, I'm rather lowbrow (Kevin Smith films anyone?). I just think there are good, fun kid's movies (like the old Robin Hood cartoon, Aladdin, etc), and there are lowest common denominator ones like Alvin. No disrespect to anyone's siblings, but I just think this was a stupid movie, even for being a children's movie. And I'm a Jason Lee fan.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sheesh, I'm not nearly that highbrow; in fact, I'm rather lowbrow (Kevin Smith films anyone?). I just think there are good, fun kid's movies (like the old Robin Hood cartoon, Aladdin, etc), and there are lowest common denominator ones like Alvin. No disrespect to anyone's siblings, but I just think this was a stupid movie, even for being a children's movie. And I'm a Jason Lee fan.

I agree, with the idea that we can challenge children more than we do sometimes. And I'm a chipmunk fan.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good Chipmunk movie;

You must be registered for see images attach

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree we can challenge kids more than we do sometimes, too. But not all the time. There's a time and a place for teaching and expanding their minds, and there's a time and a place to let kids be kids.

If the kids like it, I'm not going to tell them it's too dumb for them to watch.

No disrespect to anyone's siblings, but I just think this was a stupid movie, even for being a children's movie.
I'm sure you meant offspring, not siblings (I don't think my brother has seen it). But no one is defending the movie, just up in arms a bit that you basically called kids who liked it mentally challenged.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree we can challenge kids more than we do sometimes, too. But not all the time. There's a time and a place for teaching and expanding their minds, and there's a time and a place to let kids be kids.

If the kids like it, I'm not going to tell them it's too dumb for them to watch.

I'm sure you meant offspring, not siblings (I don't think my brother has seen it). But no one is defending the movie, just up in arms a bit that you basically called kids who liked it mentally challenged.

Er, yeah, that's what I said, offspring. You just misread it...

When I go drivin' I stay in my...oh, right :)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed that Bradley Cooper, star of the Warner Bros. comedy hit The Hangover, is in talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck in Joe (Smokin' Aces) Carnahan's take on the Stephen J. Cannell '80s television show The A-Team.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Variety, Liam Neeson is in negotiations to play John "Hannibal" Smith.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before this I had heard only of Bruce Willis for Hannibal's character.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed that Bradley Cooper, star of the Warner Bros. comedy hit The Hangover, is in talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck in Joe (Smokin' Aces) Carnahan's take on the Stephen J. Cannell '80s television show The A-Team.

I think Cooper could do a pretty good job if he is indeed the choice. I always thought if this movie ever got done it would be Rob Lowe to play Face.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All hail Dirk Benedict. Starbuck before there was a Starbucks.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All hail Dirk Benedict. Starbuck before there was a Starbucks.

Well, there was that whole Moby Dick thing, Pequod's first mate, but we both know books are dumb.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there was that whole Moby Dick thing, Pequod's first mate, but we both know books are dumb.
I knew about the tv Starbuck, before I knew of the first mate guy.

But yes, books don't count.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Duh Duh Duhhhhh, dun dun dun, da da da da, duh da duh da da

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard