2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Texans pick looks in the range of three OT players who are very good, but are there because they may be viewed as RT only or Guards:

Fuaga, Oregon ST
JC Latham, Alabama
Fautanu, Washington

if the Cards used one of those picks on the above (and maybe even Mims too) -- you could slot them in at Guard for a year before making the move to tackle to replace DJ

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh it isn't just about record though, it's who you play and how bad you beat them in college football.

FSU really only played two good teams this year.
That's how it IS, clearly, with this effed up committee train wreck. It's not how it is SUPPOSED to be, but it IS.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Bad decision... as poorly as the season went he should get out there and light poo up...leave a strong impression before the draft
Him playing in a meaningless bowl game will have zero effect on his draft status.
Why should he play??

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought hyperbole was supposed to be my thing lol
I use hyperbole for effect.

The difference in schedule matters a lot. Alabama beat some two really good teams, and the average team they play (SEC schedule) is tougher than FSU. Beating Georgia alone is something FSU probably couldn't do.

I think this further makes the case that the playoffs need to be expanded however.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Him playing in a meaningless bowl game will have zero effect on his draft status.
Why should he play??
I know...I know... I get this every year...
But it's a team sport. Some of those guys will never see the nfl...and the highlight of their college career might just be winning some ******** bowl game... and imo, the team helped him all season...the least he can do before running off to glory and riches is help these guys achieve something they are not likely to without him....that bowl game might be meaningless to him...but it means a lot to the special teams guys and the backups and all the other guys whose football careers end at usc

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But it's a team sport. Some of those guys will never see the nfl...and the highlight of their college career might just be winning some ******** bowl game... and imo, the team helped him all season...the least he can do before running off to glory and riches is help these guys achieve something they are not likely to without him....that bowl game might be meaningless to him...but it means a lot to the special teams guys and the backups and all the other guys whose football careers end at usc
As a college football fan the way I've adjusted is to think of the bowl game as a fun opportunity to see freshmen who might be important to the team next year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are a true romantic, I see.