2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh Alabama beating Georgia and their overall record is good enough for me. In CFB, it's better to lose early than to lose late, and Alabama's early season stumble against Texas seems like years ago. Since then, Alabama has gotten a lot better. If I were a betting man, I think they walk away with another Nattie.
You're perfectly describing why CFB is dumb.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh Alabama beating Georgia and their overall record is good enough for me. In CFB, it's better to lose early than to lose late, and Alabama's early season stumble against Texas seems like years ago. Since then, Alabama has gotten a lot better. If I were a betting man, I think they walk away with another Nattie.
Know what’s better than losing early or late? Not losing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, QB is far better. maybe the defense as well. Should be a good game when it happens.
McCarthy is a far better pro prospect than Milroe. Not so sure he's a better college player.

I'd argue that Alabama has trusted him more than McCarthy to end the year.
He hasnt thrown for 150 yards in any of his last 4 games. And 3 of those games were tight.

Although Harbaugh being gone played a part in that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
speaking of prospects... my way too early MOCK draft...4 rounds

You must be registered for see images

Marvin Harrison Jr.
    WR | Ohio State
    A+

Jer'Zhan Newton
    DL | Illinois
    A

Troy Fautanu
    OT | Washington
    C+

Sedrick Van Pran
    IOL | Georgia
    A

Mekhi Wingo
    DL | LSU
    C+

Audric Estime
    RB | Notre Dame
    C

Tory Horton
    WR | Colorado State
    B

• addressed some needs... WR over 6 foot?? Got 2 MHJ, then later Tory Horton...good WR but really needs to bulk up a bit
  • Oline,...we added an OT in the second in Fautanu...then followed up with Van Pran at center
  • Newton in the first and Wingo in the third should go a long way towards shoring up our defensive front...adding both run defense, as well as penetration and the ability to move the pocket.
  • picked up the heir apparent to JC with Audric Estime...solid runner at 235 pounds with good speed.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Cards' week 13 win, they've swapped places with the Patriots and wind up at the #3 spot in the latest projection from The Athletic, still with a 1.3 game projected jump between the top 3 teams and #4:
TeamProjected WinsPlayoff Chance
1. Carolina -> Chicago2.50.0%
2. New England3.60.0%
3. Arizona4.40.0%
4.Washington5.20.0%
5. NY Giants5.20.4%
6. Tennessee5.60.0%
7. NY Jets5.70.1%
8. Chicago6.21.5%
9. Las Vegas7.01.1%
10. Tampa Bay7.221.0%
Additional commentary related to the Cards:
A flip at picks 2 and 3
The Cardinals’ Week 13 upset of Pittsburgh was a significant result in the AFC playoff picture — there are now four teams tied at 7-5 for three wild-card spots. But it was a big deal at the top of the draft order, too, because that Arizona win plus New England’s loss to the Chargers shuffled picks 2 and 3. The Patriots (3.6 projected wins) now hold that second pick, while the Cardinals (4.4) have moved down a slot.

Would falling outside the top two change Arizona’s approach to the 2024 draft? Obviously, USC QB Caleb Williams and North Carolina QB Drake Maye (in some order) seem to be penciled in for those top two picks. If Arizona wants one of them, it likely would have to trade up from No. 3.

New England, meanwhile, is just about right where it wants to be draft-wise. It should be clear to anyone who’s watched that offense essentially take a knee for three consecutive games that a new quarterback has to be in the plans.

Where will the QB3 interest materialize?
For the sake of discussion, let’s just put Williams at 1 and Maye at 2. We can even take it a step further and guess that Arizona sticks with Kyler Murray — that means Marvin Harrison Jr. at 3. [....]

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Alabama really hasn't passed the eye test this season. They look good, but not better than the other teams that won their conference title games. Its not like they're a juggernaut that had one slip up, their level of play really didn't deserve getting in with a worse resume. If Bama played FSU today I wouldn't be surprised if FSU won. People talk about the games Texas struggled in with their backup, but Bama's games vs. A&M, Arkansas, South Florida and Auburn were just as bad.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Teams have the power to decide these things to some degree. Don't like the strength of schedule arguments? Change conferences or schedule tougher teams for your outside of conference schedule.
Yes and no. Part of the problem with the scheduling in college sports is that it's done years in advance. Some teams may have been scheduled in advance for a tough opponent but if they're having an off year thats nullified. The change in conference would be effective however.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes and no. Part of the problem with the scheduling in college sports is that it's done years in advance. Some teams may have been scheduled in advance for a tough opponent but if they're having an off year thats nullified. The change in conference would be effective however.
until there is only 2 conferences left.
the transfer portal and nil will change a lot of that. I read last week guys are getting offered a million bucks to change schools... before you know it boosters will be buying national championships just like the old days

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Teams have the power to decide these things to some degree. Don't like the strength of schedule arguments? Change conferences or schedule tougher teams for your outside of conference schedule.
Sorry, you're losing this one. They're in a power 5 conference and checked all those so-called boxes CFB wants playoff teams to check. The literal only reason they're out is because of a single injury. That's not in question. "Change conference or schedule tougher teams?" That wouldn't make a lick of difference here and you know it.

If you're okay with a team not making it because of a single injury, just say so.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, you're losing this one. They're in a power 5 conference and checked all those so-called boxes CFB wants playoff teams to check. The literal only reason they're out is because of a single injury. That's not in question. "Change conference or schedule tougher teams?" That wouldn't make a lick of difference here and you know it.

If you're okay with a team not making it because of a single injury, just say so.
I’m okay with a team not making it because their best, most significant player at the most important position is injured.
They’re clearly not the same team. Of course, I didn’t think Cincinnati and TCU were within the 4 best teams the last 2 years either.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People are forgetting Michigan has been “cheating” & is actually the bad guy here right? Blame the committee, sure, but Bama didn’t do anything wrong except play football.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
speaking of prospects... my way too early MOCK draft...4 rounds

Marvin Harrison Jr.
    WR | Ohio State
    A+

Jer'Zhan Newton
    DL | Illinois
    A

Troy Fautanu
    OT | Washington
    C+

Sedrick Van Pran
    IOL | Georgia
    A

Mekhi Wingo
    DL | LSU
    C+

Audric Estime
    RB | Notre Dame
    C

Tory Horton
    WR | Colorado State
    B

• addressed some needs... WR over 6 foot?? Got 2 MHJ, then later Tory Horton...good WR but really needs to bulk up a bit
  • Oline,...we added an OT in the second in Fautanu...then followed up with Van Pran at center
  • Newton in the first and Wingo in the third should go a long way towards shoring up our defensive front...adding both run defense, as well as penetration and the ability to move the pocket.
  • picked up the heir apparent to JC with Audric Estime...solid runner at 235 pounds with good speed.
Nice. Although I believe Newton and Fautanu will be gone earlier.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marvin Harrison was gone, so I traded down with Las Vegas (got a 2nd round pick this year and 1st round next year).

3 round mock:

You must be registered for see images attach
I want more if we trade down from 3 to 11. Who did Vegas choose?

Reactions: PJ1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry, you're losing this one. They're in a power 5 conference and checked all those so-called boxes CFB wants playoff teams to check.
Not all power 5 conferences are equal. If this was true the PAC 12 wouldn't have fallen apart.
The literal only reason they're out is because of a single injury. That's not in question. "Change conference or schedule tougher teams?" That wouldn't make a lick of difference here and you know it.

Even with one loss, Alabama beat more quality opponents. Alabama's third best win matches FSUs best win. Record alone isn't enough.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I want more if we trade down from 3 to 11. Who did Vegas choose?
That's almost exactly what we gave up in the Will Anderson trade, except we also kicked in a 4th.

ARI - 3rd overall, 104th overall
HOU - 12th overall, 33rd overall, 2024 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's almost exactly what we gave up in the Will Anderson trade, except we also kicked in a 4th.

ARI - 3rd overall, 104th overall
HOU - 12th overall, 33rd overall, 2024 1st round pick and 2024 3rd round pick.
It’s hard to judge without knowing who went one and two and who Vegas was targeting. If it was a qb there would probably be other teams with offers therefore driving up the price.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
very curious if a 3rd qb starts to rise up the charts

at this time last year, Anthony Ricardson wasn't viewed as a top 10 guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members