2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This is why these moral victories are a problem.

If we tie with anyone at this point, we lose the tiebreaker due to SOS.

It could cost us MHJ and/or a franchise QB.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I don’t understand why people want to borrow trouble on this stuff until at least after Thanksgiving. This table will look very different in a few weeks.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The Chargers, Bengals and Vikings will finish with more wins. The Broncos have some meltdown potential but Russ looks good enough to win them some games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

TBF - Drake Maye has all of the physical tools of an elite QB. Size, arm strength, mobility, etc.
Biggest issue for me is his decision making, which reminds me a bit of Carson Palmer. He is going to make big time throws and bone headed INT's.
The two INT's yesterday were completely avoidable.
Agree. Two bad decisions.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So last night was the first time I watched Colorado and I even watched Deion Sanders' (aka Coach Prime) post-game press conference. Here are few things that jump out at me:

1. The CO QB - I was fairly impressed. It's not "system" production.

2. But this CO squad just appears to be only good not great and I think a really good team beats them by a couple of touchdowns.

3. Coach Sanders has grown up a lot vs. NFL player Sanders. He's super-different than other coaches on the podium, but still not... un-coach like? if that makes any sense. He's weird but kind of in a good way (so far).

4. Of course it's an incredibly interesting story. But it's so sensational, and it's so much about the Coach Sanders too, and I think ultimately that's a problem. It's not exactly a "circus" yet, but I get the feeling it's not sustainable.

4a. The whole thing is so... so loud... which in and of itself is great if you want to be entertained. But, I think teams like this become a target, and also tend to implode.

4b. So unfortunately I have to predict that this will not end well, and I give "Coach Prime's" tenure three of fours years at the most. Still, if the party ends, I hope it just kind of burns out slowly and without the cops getting called if you know what I mean. Hope it's a soft landing especially for the kids involved.
Crimson, you make some good points, but remember what a great recruiting job he did this year. And, I wouldn't be surprised (with all the pub) if next year is even better. Has to get a VG QB if his son goes pro. But for the next 5-6 years Colorado should be elite in college FB. IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Crimson, you make some good points, but remember what a great recruiting job he did this year. And, I wouldn't be surprised (with all the pub) if next year is even better. Has to get a VG QB if his son goes pro. But for the next 5-6 years Colorado should be elite in college FB. IMO.

Once Nick Saban retires (if not sooner) - Alabama will be just another team.

All of those players will be going somewhere else.

There will be a ton of 5 stars that want to play for Deion.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Justin Fields is the cautionary tale for Caleb Williams. You have to make sure he is mentally ready to go to a bad situation, and he can put it on his own shoulders first and foremost.

You might as well apply that to Trevor Lawrence as well who looked awful until Pederson came in to save him. He still looks just above average to me (although still signs of being elite one day), but helps with the organization much improved.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

TBF - Drake Maye has all of the physical tools of an elite QB. Size, arm strength, mobility, etc.
Biggest issue for me is his decision making, which reminds me a bit of Carson Palmer. He is going to make big time throws and bone headed INT's.
The two INT's yesterday were completely avoidable.
Lets let Maye get back to 2 to 1 INT ratio before we start taking him seriously. Cause he's riding the hype off his RS FR year as of now.

Jameis Winston, Blaine Gabbert and Sam Darnold are examples of guys whose decision making suddenly got worse after their hype and never got better.

Not saying thats who Drake Maye is. But lets not act like he's playing on a team thats talent deficient like Josh Allen or in a limited system like Justin Herbert.

He's been stronger armed Daniel Jones so far through 3 games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But lets not act like he's playing on a team thats talent deficient like Josh Allen or in a limited system like Justin Herbert.
But the thing is, Josh Allen was still playing against teams equaled to his team’s talent. Wasn’t like Josh was playing against the Ohio States of the world.

His system might as well be limited like Herbert’s considering he’s working with a new OC(whose history hasn’t been good according to other fanbases) while working with makeshift skilled players.

Why are you guys pretending this doesn’t matter at all? This is just another case of you guys overthinking because you refuse to take off the Caleb Williams tinted-sunglasses like a lot of other people.