2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So last night was the first time I watched Colorado and I even watched Deion Sanders' (aka Coach Prime) post-game press conference. Here are few things that jump out at me:

1. The CO QB - I was fairly impressed. It's not "system" production.

2. But this CO squad just appears to be only good not great and I think a really good team beats them by a couple of touchdowns.

3. Coach Sanders has grown up a lot vs. NFL player Sanders. He's super-different than other coaches on the podium, but still not... un-coach like? if that makes any sense. He's weird but kind of in a good way (so far).

4. Of course it's an incredibly interesting story. But it's so sensational, and it's so much about the Coach Sanders too, and I think ultimately that's a problem. It's not exactly a "circus" yet, but I get the feeling it's not sustainable.

4a. The whole thing is so... so loud... which in and of itself is great if you want to be entertained. But, I think teams like this become a target, and also tend to implode.

4b. So unfortunately I have to predict that this will not end well, and I give "Coach Prime's" tenure three of fours years at the most. Still, if the party ends, I hope it just kind of burns out slowly and without the cops getting called if you know what I mean. Hope it's a soft landing especially for the kids involved.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
4b. So unfortunately I have to predict that this will not end well, and I give "Coach Prime's" tenure three of fours years at the most. Still, if the party ends, I hope it just kind burns out slowly and without the cops getting called if you know what I mean. Hope it's a soft landing especially for the kids involved.

I respectfully disagree.

My prediction would be that in 3-4 years he is moving up in the coaching world (much bigger school or the NFL - although he said he doesn't want to coach there).

His team will run through walls for each other and for Coach Prime.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
So last night was the first time I watched Colorado and I even watched Deion Sanders' (aka Coach Prime) post-game press conference. Here are few things that jump out at me:

1. The CO QB - I was fairly impressed. It's not "system" production.

2. But this CO squad just appears to be only good not great and I think a really good team beats them by a couple of touchdowns.

3. Coach Sanders has grown up a lot vs. NFL player Sanders. He's super-different than other coaches on the podium, but still not... un-coach like? if that makes any sense. He's weird but kind of in a good way (so far).

4. Of course it's an incredibly interesting story. But it's so sensational, and it's so much about the Coach Sanders too, and I think ultimately that's a problem. It's not exactly a "circus" yet, but I get the feeling it's not sustainable.

4a. The whole thing is so... so loud... which in and of itself is great if you want to be entertained. But, I think teams like this become a target, and also tend to implode.

4b. So unfortunately I have to predict that this will not end well, and I give "Coach Prime's" tenure three of fours years at the most. Still, if the party ends, I hope it just kind burns out slowly and without the cops getting called if you know what I mean. Hope it's a soft landing especially for the kids involved.
Maybe it will be sustainable in the age of NIL and social media.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree.

My prediction would be that in 3-4 years he is moving up in the coaching world (much bigger school or the NFL - although he said he doesn't want to coach there).

I don't see this brand working in the NFL though.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Pretty solid stats.

82% of FG attempts.
Only missed 1 XP in 113 tries
Obviously has a strong leg

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree.

You could be absolutely right TheCardFan. 100% man.

And to be honest, after watching Sanders on the podium last night, I find myself kind of pulling for him a little.

Like... he was gracious towards the end when talking about the CSU coach. Very disarming and defusing. Wishing him well. And it certainly seemed genuine. It was... classy.

But every team now has CU circled on the schedule. For example their next opponent, a fairly talented No 14 Oregon squad, will be bringing their A+ game to their home field against the Buffalos. There are losses in the future for Sanders and CU. We'll see how they react when things don't go so great.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You could be absolutely right TheCardFan. 100% man.

And to be honest, after watching Sanders on the podium last night, I find myself kind of pulling for him a little.

Like... he was gracious towards the end when talking about the CSU coach. Very disarming and defusing. Wishing him well. And it certainly seemed genuine. It was... classy.

But every team now has CU circled on the schedule. For example their next opponent, a fairly talented No 14 Oregon squad, will be bringing their A+ game to their home field against the Buffalos. There are losses in the future for Sanders and CU. We'll see how they react when things don't go so great.
I’m impressed by the fact that his kids obviously grew up with a wealthy, celebrity like family, yet play very hard on the field and seem genuinely coachable. He seems to have raised them right…that money and fame aren’t an excuse to have poor work ethic.

Obviously lots of professional athletes have good, hard working kids, but few grow up with a dad like Deion and the notoriety and attention he brings wherever he goes.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

TBF - Drake Maye has all of the physical tools of an elite QB. Size, arm strength, mobility, etc.
Biggest issue for me is his decision making, which reminds me a bit of Carson Palmer. He is going to make big time throws and bone headed INT's.
The two INT's yesterday were completely avoidable.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This dude is very interesting...looks like he might be in for a monster year.

Love his motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake