2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
3-4 DE is the perfect size to move inside on 4 and 5 man fronts...versatility and the ability to be disruptive from multiple alignments is the order of the day...and necessary in Gannons defense.

Let's give the kid a season or two to develop and transition to the pro game before we start attaching negative labels...

Now,... if Tip Reimann had been the pick at 27.......
I called Robinson as the pick @27 because he just such a violent, active player. The Cardinals don't have anyone like him on the roster. He's such an imposing, tough guy, I'm excited to see how he fits.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called Robinson as the pick @27 because he just such a violent, active player. The Cardinals don't have anyone like him on the roster. He's such an imposing, tough guy, I'm excited to see how he fits.
You've been high on him for a while now

Hope you are correct as we need guys that can disrupt on the Dline

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The difference in 3T and 5T is significantly different than the difference between edge and ILB, so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

ILB is probably the second most difficult position mentally behind QB since they often direct the defense while also have a lot of gap responsibilities.
Yep, ILBer is the QB of the defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
interesting and FYI on the question of Robinson over Newton:

And Jones fractures are notoriously hard to heal injuries. Tons of complications and tend to break the foot again.

Once I learned that he had that injury, I was much more iffy and I completely understand passing on him. Now the Cardinals look even more wise passing on a guy with significant injury issues.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once I learned that he had that injury, I was much more iffy and I completely understand passing on him. Now the Cardinals look even more wise passing on a guy with significant injury issues.
He was always a bad fit. I know that many fans wanted him, but I never understood why, or for that matter why anyone had any hope that the Cards would select him.

And related to the thread topic, I completely agree with being excited about Robinson. He could be a star.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen