2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPJ finally figured out head fake and drive. You knew when that off balance contested corner 3 by Lowry went in Miami was going to make a run.

9 turnovers by Denver and all the fouls did them in that half

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think their hope is Braun continues to improve and Peyton Watson makes a big jump and they can eventually move MPJ out of the starting lineup. Watson isn't ready and Braun is probably a bit smaller than they want since the size with MPJ in there is a big deal.

MPJ is on a max deal. I don't see them moving him out of the starting lineup simply because that will hurt his trade value. $35m+ a year for a Sixth Man is way too much.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPJ is on a max deal. I don't see them moving him out of the starting lineup simply because that will hurt his trade value. $35m+ a year for a Sixth Man is way too much.

I guess we'll see but they're pretty well primed to be a contender for several years so I can't see them keeping MPJ in there playing starter minutes if he's not good enough.

But in his defense he hasn't played more than 62 games in any of his 4 years due to the injuries so he's not nearly as polished as you'd expect a 4th year guy to be.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better now Murray driving, Jokic in the paint and Murray finally hits a 3 to tie

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowry is just a tough SOB. I think he fouled Gordon but he did it in a clever way

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the 3rd time Adebayo has clearly fouled Joker over the back and they don't call it, that time I guess because the quarter was almost over.

Miami won't go away

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG the refs, Butler blatantly walks no call but then throws it away

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking like the refs trying to extend this series may not work gotta not let ‘em get a good look at 3 and no fouls

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Congrats to the Nuggets, they're going to be tough to keep from getting back there.

Joker is so good.

Great effort by the Heat, they play so hard and are so well coached.
I just felt like Miami couldn't get those easy buckets against Denver. Denver brought the D tonight!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just felt like Miami couldn't get those easy buckets against Denver. Denver brought the D tonight!

True but Denver missed a ton of FT's and couldn't hit 3's most of the game.

Even though it was 4-1 that was a really fun series to watch. Being a Warriors fan it's almost tough to enjoy when you're in the finals because it's your team it's personal. Sitting back and just watching 2 teams go at it like that was really fun to watch.