2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Because they knew there were not getting there otherwise. Again, maybe the KD move was the wrong move but they needed to make a move.
I keep looking at what? Even at his age, KD was the best available option last year, imho. We need another shooter, so we can be like GS and have three shooters on the court, and then two big guys that can board and block shots. That should be the blueprint for our rebuild.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Cardinals forum is a loop as well but thankfully they have 2023 draft to talk about and appear set for the 2024 draft as well.
AT least training camp is coming. That will vary things up somewhat. Also, we are remarkably quiet on the Dbacks forum. No one in baseball had them ANYWHERE near the success they are displaying this season. Philly gave us a rough patch, and people are angry we lost games. LOL! We should be at like 17 wins right now! Our plus/minus over projected should be off the charts!!

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep looking at what? Even at his age, KD was the best available option last year, imho. We need another shooter, so we can be like GS and have three shooters on the court, and then two big guys that can board and block shots. That should be the blueprint for our rebuild.
Huh?!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GS plays three shooters at a time to have advantage on offense. We have Booker and KD. We need one more.
GS usually has 4 shooters at all times. And they were really only great when those shooters were some of the best of all time. Plus Draymond at the 5 who could shoot a 3 in a pinch.

Booker isn’t close to Stef/Prime Klay as a shooter. He’s an elite scorer, but just average from 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
GS plays three shooters at a time to have advantage on offense. We have Booker and KD. We need one more.
Primary difference:

GS’s three shooters are 3 point snipers

Durant, Book and Beal are all midrange killers

Very different dynamics and floor spacing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Primary difference:

GS’s three shooters are 3 point snipers

Durant, Book and Beal are all midrange killers

Very different dynamics and floor spacing.

They are all great at open three point shooting though, and all are willing passers. This isn't like getting DeRozan, who can't shoot outside and doesn't play off the ball. Beal's best years came playing off the ball with John Wall.

I think Durant, Booker and Beal would be a nightmare for defenses. My only hangup in trading for Beal is depth (but depth was always going to be an issue after the KD trade) and health. That is the real hangup. What are the odds that Durant, Beal and Booker all stay healthy throughout a playoff run? Not good. Booker has missed a fair amount of time and KD makes Booker look healthy, meanwhile Beal makes KD look like an iron man.

But, given our assets, if Beal can actually be had for Paul and Shamet, you cannot pass up on it. Paul, when he is Chris Paul, is a better player than Beal has ever been, but Paul is so rarely that guy anymore and Beal is pretty damn good any time he is healthy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They are all great at open three point shooting though, and all are willing passers. This isn't like getting DeRozan, who can't shoot outside and doesn't play off the ball. Beal's best years came playing off the ball with John Wall.

I think Durant, Booker and Beal would be a nightmare for defenses. My only hangup in trading for Beal is depth (but depth was always going to be an issue after the KD trade) and health. That is the real hangup. What are the odds that Durant, Beal and Booker all stay healthy throughout a playoff run? Not good. Booker has missed a fair amount of time and KD makes Booker look healthy, meanwhile Beal makes KD look like an iron man.

But, given our assets, if Beal can actually be had for Paul and Shamet, you cannot pass up on it. Paul, when he is Chris Paul, is a better player than Beal has ever been, but Paul is so rarely that guy anymore and Beal is pretty damn good any time he is healthy.
1. absolutely 100% on your first paragraph!

2. What are the odds KD, Booker, and CP3 all stay healthy? I like my odds better with Beal over CP3.

3. Beal and Booker are the future. Basically their contracts end the same time. Durant will be gone possibly before Book, and Ayton may be traded any day. So you are basically looking at Beal and Booker being the duo going forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need Cam Johnson back. And then a scary paint protector like Steven Adams. That would fill out this team nicely.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need Cam Johnson back. And then a scary paint protector like Steven Adams. That would fill out this team nicely.
We are not getting Cam Johnson back. How? He is going to get paid too. His last rumored salary was going to be about 30 million per year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson