2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Denver deserved it and I’m happy Jokic showed out on the biggest stage.

The sad thing is guys like Perk, Skip and Nick Wright won’t get on TV tomorrow and just say my bad I didn’t know he could do that they’ll get on and BS and make excuses and act a fool

I’m happy for the Denver fans they’ve always seemed pretty cool(outside of that one time)

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The way we were coached, we wouldn't have had any chance in the finals against any of Dener, Miami and Boston.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does this make the Suns the 2nd best team in the NBA?

I think the NBA is more nuanced. I don't think the Suns could have beaten a healthy Bucks or Celtics team... but I think we could have beaten the Heat, I question if the Nuggets would have beaten the Celtics or Bucks either. Fortunately for them they got to face this bizarre Heat team, who got white hot and then cooled off. The same guys who were nailing contested threes in the Eastern Conference finals could not hit the ocean falling out of a battle ship in the finals.

It reminds me of the 2009 Magic. They went white hot, pulled off a few massive upsets in the East... cooled off... and proceeded to hand the 2009 Lakers the title on a silver platter.

Moral of the story, I think the Heat had a wild stretch, they did the hard work for the Nuggets. Kudos to this Nuggets team. they dominated everyone put in front of them and you can't beat who you don't play, but I don't think they're the superteam the media is beginning to hype them as.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Congrats to the Nuggets. I really hope the Suns can win one. I’m not even gonna be greedy and ask for multiple titles.

I’m honestly ready for next season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nikola Jokic always made the game simple.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any team standing in the Nuggets way for the foreseeable future.

They want more and have an excellent chance of winning more championships.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If the tops seeds in the east would do something other than getting beat by lower seeds. The Heat's magic ran out, Bucks/Celtics would be tougher matchup.

And then if the Grizz and Suns didn't shoot themselves in the foot, it could easily have been tougher for them. Lets say Ja wasn't an idiot, Brooks knew his role and guys don't break their hands, then they beat the Lakers. Lets say we don't have an idiot coach who screws with rotations and makes no adjustments, then we could have had more success.

There are so many what if's and lots of luck, but you're implying there in a run for a repeat or 3peat and that in itself is so difficult to do.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the story of the Suns. Whenever we field potentially contending teams, a dynasty has been in our way. Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Golden State and now maybe Denver.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the tops seeds in the east would do something other than getting beat by lower seeds. The Heat's magic ran out, Bucks/Celtics would be tougher matchup.

And then if the Grizz and Suns didn't shoot themselves in the foot, it could easily have been tougher for them. Lets say Ja wasn't an idiot, Brooks knew his role and guys don't break their hands, then they beat the Lakers. Lets say we don't have an idiot coach who screws with rotations and makes no adjustments, then we could have had more success.

There are so many what if's and lots of luck, but you're implying there in a run for a repeat or 3peat and that in itself is so difficult to do.

The Nuggets have certainly positioned themselves for a repeat, but of course, tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

It's the talent and the way the team is put together. Also, their salary structure fits the new CBA model.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nuggets have certainly positioned themselves for a repeat, but of course, tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

It's the talent and the way the team is put together. Also, their salary structure fits the new CBA model.
Least suns won 2 vs jokic nuggets some signs of progress

Im still ticked at ayton for being a wimp missing a pivotal gm 6 with a stupid bruise inj ahhhh well its done lol

Looking for to suns vs nuggets revenge gms n yr gooo suns:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the story of the Suns. Whenever we field potentially contending teams, a dynasty has been in our way. Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Golden State and now maybe Denver.

I think the Suns had a chance to be one of those teams but I've already expressed by feelings.

Regardless, the Suns have fallen behind many teams on the rise thanks to the new CBA. They will likely be playing catch-up for many years to come unless they catch a bolt of lightning in a bottle.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns had a chance to be one of those teams but I've already expressed by feelings.

Regardless, the Suns have fallen behind many teams on the rise thanks to the new CBA. They will likely be playing catch-up for many years to come unless they catch a bolt of lightning in a bottle.
Many of the Suns teams I mentioned above had home grown cores that still couldn't get it done. They just ran into dynasties built through drafting, free agency and trade combos. Plus, it also helps if you get lucky enough to draft an MVP in the 2nd round. We were supposed to get that guy with our overall #1.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many of the Suns teams I mentioned above had home grown cores that still couldn't get it done. They just ran into dynasties built through drafting, free agency and trade combos. Plus, it also helps if you get lucky enough to draft an MVP in the 2nd round. We were supposed to get that guy with our overall #1.

For sure, the chips have to fall in line to win a championship. However, I think a team has to put themselves in position for this to happen. With the trade deadline moves, I thought the Suns became their own worst enemy.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yep. For some reason I am still not sold on Michael Malone, but maybe I’m just wrong on that. Would Monty have won a championship with that Nuggets crew? I dunno.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard