2023 6th round pick #180 is Kei'Trel Clark CB

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're watching Kyler squatting 300+ 4 months post surgery and people are worried about ACLs over a year old.
That wasn't 300. Those were bumper, not competition plates. It was 205 or 215. Couldn't tell is the outside plates were 10s or 15s. 45lbs bar, 2 45lbs plates. 2 225lbs plates and either 2 10lbs or 15lbs plates.

And that squat is intended for mobility to start stretching the ligament back out. Not strength training.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we took Gaines because they see a good C that was made to play mostly G
We'll see how that works because we all we have zero centers on the roster

I know Hayes played a few snaps there

But you would think they would draft a natural C

How about our Dline?

The middle got blown up over and over last year and all we brought in for FA were low level players

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ir
That wasn't 300. Those were bumper, not competition plates. It was 205 or 215. Couldn't tell is the outside plates were 10s or 15s. 45lbs bar, 2 45lbs plates. 2 225lbs plates and either 2 10lbs or 15lbs plates.

And that squat is intended for mobility to start stretching the ligament back out. Not strength training.
Irrelevant to the overall point honestly

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We'll see how that works because we all we have zero centers on the roster

I know Hayes played a few snaps there

But you would think they would draft a natural C

How about our Dline?

The middle got blown up over and over last year and all we brought in for FA were low level players

Poor class. How many after pick 80 are going to be better than what we have?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ir

Irrelevant to the overall point honestly
I disagree. The difference of a full squat at 300lbs and a 3 quarter squat at 215lbs is a big difference. 40% increase. He's not as far along as some think. He's still working on stretching the ACL back out, not strength training.

It's still progress, but he's no where near a field yet. I just want to be realistic with where he is.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The difference of a full squat at 300lbs and a 3 quarter squat at 215lbs is a big difference. 40% increase. He's not as far along as some think. He's still working on stretching the ACL back out, not strength training.

It's still progress, but he's no where near a field yet. I just want to be realistic with where he is.
But that’s not really the point. The point is ACL aren’t what they used to be and all the clamoring about taking players who have blown one in the past is a little
Misguided.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that’s not really the point. The point is ACL aren’t what they used to be and all the clamoring about taking players who have blown one in the past is a little
Misguided.
I agree 100% with you there! Absolutely misguided. I posted a link to new drilling/graphing techniques they've developed in the last two years. It's crazy how fast the body heals and 5-10 years ago, Kyler would still be working with bands. I think there is a slight chance Kyler could be ready between weeks 1-4. I just don't see full go in TC based on where he currently is. Still a remarkable recovery. Heck, Ertz could be ready for TC.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love both corner picks. Both are twitchy, inside-out kind of players. Clark was a guy I saw being touted by many people I respect. Same with Williams. I expect these two to fill out the later end of the depth chart for a few years. The Cardinals still need a true #1, but Wilson is a good #2 if he keeps developing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice will johnny lawrance from cobra kai make a showing

I like cb depth plus dope name

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Clark has a serious argument as the most sudden, plant-and-drive explosive cornerback in the entire 2023 class. At 5-foot-10 and 181 pounds, he's not concerningly small either. Perfect size to stay with inside wideouts with attempt to win with foot speed and acceleration out of their breaks. If Budda Baker is traded, Clark's importance to the defense skyrockets, but I believe he still has enough natural talent to make waves early in camp and preseason as a playmaker at an increasingly important position in today's NFL. That should earn him more playing time in 2023 than most rookie sixth-rounders

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson