2023 6th round pick #180 is Kei'Trel Clark CB

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the R&W Practice this weekend Kei'Trel Clark was running with the 1st team defense. I was keying on Michael Wilson a bunch during the practice and Clark was lined up against him on several occasions where the ball went to Wilson.

Wilson won the first battle with a quick catch for 8 yards. Clark responded with great coverage on a deep corner route and knocked the ball away from Wilson. Later in the drive Michael Wilson beat clark on a great out route for a TD. Wilson also had a couple of other catches but I can't remember who was covering him.

From what I can tell Clark is very confident. He wasn't afraid to get physical with a bigger stronger WR like Michael Wilson. He looks fast out there and has good recovery speed. In the end Michael Wilson won the battle. However I think Clark can develop into a solid CB but he will take his lumps early in his career if he is forced into starting as a rookie.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the R&W Practice this weekend Kei'Trel Clark was running with the 1st team defense. I was keying on Michael Wilson a bunch during the practice and Clark was lined up against him on several occasions where the ball went to Wilson.

Wilson won the first battle with a quick catch for 8 yards. Clark responded with great coverage on a deep corner route and knocked the ball away from Wilson. Later in the drive Michael Wilson beat clark on a great out route for a TD. Wilson also had a couple of other catches but I can't remember who was covering him.

From what I can tell Clark is very confident. He wasn't afraid to get physical with a bigger stronger WR like Michael Wilson. He looks fast out there and has good recovery speed. In the end Michael Wilson won the battle. However I think Clark can develop into a solid CB but he will take his lumps early in his career if he is forced into starting as a rookie.
Yes, this kid has the tools to be a decent contributor this season. Being a Syracuse guy, I can’t wait to see Garrett Williams back out on the field. Not sure how much he’ll contribute right out of the gate, but the kid is a playmaker.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What am I missing?
Right? I mean, good on him for not getting shook when facing up with a TE, but he was targeted 4 times and allowed a 75% completion percentage. He wasn't targeted, and Sam Howell is probably a scrub. Need more data on this guy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? I mean, good on him for not getting shook when facing up with a TE, but he was targeted 4 times and allowed a 75% completion percentage. He wasn't targeted, and Sam Howell is probably a scrub. Need more data on this guy.
3 receptions for 23 yards or 5.75 yards per attempt. Tiny sample size on short passes. We definitely need more data.

@BirdGangThing how many inches is 5.75 yards?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The story here is not "targeted 4 times and allowed a 75% completion percentage"

The story is "3 receptions for 23 yards against Scary Terry and Dotson."

Great opening performance from a rookie.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He played decently. He kept the play in front of him, which is a solid tactic for a rookie CB.
No he didn't "keep the play in front of him".... he kept the receivers covered.

How do people on this forum value "non-targets"???

DBs in highschool, that are good, will get less than 30 targets across their senior year. Some people here forget that the entire point in a DB is to cover the guy and not get targeted

Last edited:

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the clips posted by this Joanna Cards fan are of little value for a DB... yawn, who cares if he chokes a TE

Can he cover?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No he didn't "keep the play in front of him".... he kept the receivers covered.

How do people on this forum value "non-targets"???

DBs in highschool, that are good, will get less than 30 targets across their senior year. Some people here forget that the entire point in a DB is to cover the guy and not get targeted
right??
Out of 30 some odd pass plays they only threw at this 6th round rookie 4 times. FOUR!! With one of the very best WR duos in the NFL.... outstanding game IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched a bunch of film. I thought he looked confident and played well. He's quick.

The biggest issue was passing off crossers. A couple of times he let his man go thinking a safety would switch assignment but the safety stayed with him guy. Not sure who was at fault in this scheme yet.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Wells still comfortably holding on to the title of "best ARZ Cardinals 6th round draft pick ever".

But Clark is moving up on #2 and #3 Andre Ellington and Justin Bethel.
Larry Wilson was a 7th round pick way back in 1960. He's no doubt the best late round pick in Cardinal history.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Curious how his stats end up comparing to Byron Murphy throughout the year. Right now KT has five more tackles and one more passes defended.
The sideline mojo alone makes you wonder if we have addition by subtraction with some dudes being gone.
Even if KT becomes better than Murphy, Murphy is still better than Wilson. The real addition by subtraction is Simmons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson