OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Overview
Clark is small but fast. He plays with twitchy feet and a competitive demeanor when challenging the throw. He’s capable of stalking short and intermediate routes with a feel for the passing lane, but his lack of size and length shows up down the field. While the ball skills and athletic traits work in his favor, trouble with run support and big slot targets could be difficult obstacles to overcome in the NFL.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Top Reasons to Buy In:

Ball production
Instincts
Positional versatility

Top Reasons For Concern:

Size
Injury concerns (torn ACL 2021)
Down-the-field speed

Size (NFL Combine):

Height: 5′ 10”

Weight: 181 lbs

Arm Length: 29 5/8”

Hand Size: 8 1/4”

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scouting Report: Strengths

Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
Stays low in his backpedal and shows the click-and-close ability to break up plays in front of him. Clark can move well laterally and shows excellent instincts when looking into the backfield in zone coverage.
Can get up under a receiver’s chin and has the speed to flip his hips and run downfield. He has the quick and surprisingly powerful hands to jostle receivers early. But he’s at his best peeking into the backfield.
Clark has the straight-line speed to recover. His ball skills are tremendous, with good hands and the potential to take it to the house any time Clark gets his hands on the ball.

Scouting Report: Weaknesses

Gave up far too many big plays in college, especially concerning since he has the recovery speed to make up for missteps.
Doesn’t bring much physicality, as he seems unsure about moving downhill as a run defender and doesn’t deliver much pop as a tackler.
At this point, he can get outmuscled. Clark also might be susceptible to catch and- run plays. He’ll give effort in run support, but he’s going to struggle to get off blocks against physical outside receivers.
Liability against the run. Clark gives effort but doesn’t have the power as a tackler or the ability to slip blocks.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Two shorter corners with ACL injuries in the past. The balls will be flying all over #birdcity next year!

Reactions: PJ1

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If these are too short to play outside was Byron Murphy too?
Neither of these guys will be as good as Murphy. They could potentially play outside, but are definitely on the shorter end to do so.

I would have preferred a taller CB like Ricks or Trice, and like I said I liked Hodges-Tomlinson more as a smaller CB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another ACL injury. If you want to be drafted by the Cardinals get hurt in college.
The fact that you guys even care about ACLs especially from guys that are long since past them shows how stuck in the 1980s a lot of you are lol…. I’m betting none of you would have drafted Frank Gore or wanted a whole slew of stars post ACL injury either right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fact that you guys even care about ACLs especially from guys that are long since past them shows how stuck in the 1980s a lot of you are lol…. I’m betting none of you would have drafted Frank Gore or wanted a whole slew of stars post ACL I just either right?

We're watching Kyler squatting 300+ 4 months post surgery and people are worried about ACLs over a year old.