2023 3rd round pick #94 is Michael Wilson WR

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
for those of you worried about inuries...rightfully...
Donkey Kong Suh had knee surgery in college....and has never missed a game due to injury in 12 years in the nfl.

so it happens. sometimes maybe a guy just got a couple bad breaks.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
for those of you worried about inuries...rightfully...
Donkey Kong Suh had knee surgery in college....and has never missed a game due to injury in 12 years in the nfl.

so it happens. sometimes maybe a guy just got a couple bad breaks.
You comparing this...

You must be registered for see images attach

To this....?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You comparing this...

To this....?
not a dick measuring contest... just a notation that a guy can get injured in college and go on to have a healthy career as a pro... that WR also had to deal with the covid fiasco and all the changes that brought to game planning and training for college football.
**** me for trying to have a little hope I guess...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys ever break your jaw and have your mouth wired shut like Boldin did?

I have (man… I have had a lot gnarly surgeries in my life). The fact that he was even running a week after that kind of surgery was a miracle, much less putting himself out there to get hammered.
your exorcist imitation in the hospital was awe-inspiring in its horror.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His injury history is overblown. It wasn't ACL or repeated muscle tears. Was mainly bad look.

Landed bad and did his collar bone. Another someone stood on his foot and he broke a small bone.

Random bad luck.

Really good person and good player. Very high ceiling.

Matt Nagy knows his stuff and raves about him. His thread is well worth a read.

Comps him to Davante Adams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I guess most of the scouting reports say lots of teams liked him because he's so competitive he can play ST and he's a terrific blocker. Read that the Pats really liked him.

So he's completely different than any WR we have he's not a small fast guy like Hollywood or Rondale and he's a willing blocker unlike those 2 or D Hop.

But probably a round early given injury history
Yeah seems early. But in fairness they didn't have a 4 or a 5 when he was picked and he wouldn't have been there in the sixth.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
About injuries i dont buy the bad luck thing
When u miss half of the games in 4 straight seasons
Is just a predisposition of getting injured,

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wilson was all over draft rating boards because he has a great skillset and production when he plays, but always hurt. 3 third rounders are we came away with two guys with injury red flags, a trade down, and no further help in the trenches on either side.

I hope these picks work out, but I would have gone in many different directions tonight.
Yeah, Monti just completely flubbed the 3rd round.

Stout

Reaction score
His injury history is overblown. It wasn't ACL or repeated muscle tears. Was mainly bad look.

Landed bad and did his collar bone. Another someone stood on his foot and he broke a small bone.

Random bad luck.

Really good person and good player. Very high ceiling.

Matt Nagy knows his stuff and raves about him. His thread is well worth a read.

Comps him to Davante Adams.

And the recurring foot injury?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
U are good at finding tweets that praise a player
Basically can happen with everyone drafted

Easy with Wilson. Everyone loves him. Very highly rated.

I don't get the negativity about it. Very high ceiling player. Injuries were bone injuries.

Too much fixation on Center. A potential star WR that can start right away is way more valuable that a C that's going to take a year or more to develop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the recurring foot injury?

It wasn't recurring. It took him 11 months to recover from a single injury. Missed the end of one season and start of the next. Now long in the past.

Stout

Reaction score
It wasn't recurring. It took him 11 months to recover from a single injury. Missed the end of one season and start of the next. Now long in the past.
Dude, you're years into excusing Rondale Moore's injury history and claiming he's not injury prone when he's been a nothing as an impact player for us. You saying this kid's injury problems are long in the past and he's fine and there aren't any concerns don't inspire confidence. I think it comes from a good place with you, wanting to support our players and believe their injuries aren't a big thing, but believing that because they're our players doesn't make it so. We took two players with injury problems. We're hoping those injury problems are behind them, but hope is free and doesn't come true because we want it to.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, you're years into excusing Rondale Moore's injury history and claiming he's not injury prone when he's been a nothing as an impact player for us. You saying this kid's injury problems are long in the past and he's fine and there aren't any concerns don't inspire confidence. I think it comes from a good place with you, wanting to support our players and believe their injuries aren't a big thing, but believing that because they're our players doesn't make it so. We took two players with injury problems. We're hoping those injury problems are behind them, but hope is free and doesn't come true because we want it to.

It's the late 3rd. This is where you take guys that would have gone much earlier if it wasn't for such concerns.

Wilson's injuries were impact injuries which are just bad luck. They don't suggest he's injury prone like it would if they were muscle or ligament injuries.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus too much fixation on a center? Pardon posters for wanting to fix a problem position in a draft tailor-made for doing so.

There are lots of problem positions. Center is no more so than any other. It's not even the top one.

And there are still plenty of good centers on the board so I think they played it right.

Stout

Reaction score
It's the late 3rd. This is where you take guys that would have gone much earlier if it wasn't for such concerns.

Wilson's injuries were impact injuries which are just bad luck. They don't suggest he's injury prone like it would if they were muscle or ligament injuries.
Eh, disagree. This is where you cherry pick really good players that have fallen through the crack. Day three is where you roll the dice on these types of guys. To each his own.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard