2023 3rd round pick #94 is Michael Wilson WR

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He scared some people off by coming out early. There certainly are guys who didn’t like him. After the middle of round 2 you could say that about almost every prospect. I appreciate many have passed on him, including the Cards. I just think that’s a mistake.

Hey! The Eagles all world centre was selected in the sixth round. ;)

(And so was Lecitus Smith)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There are lots of problem positions. Center is no more so than any other. It's not even the top one.

And there are still plenty of good centers on the board so I think they played it right.
Wait, you think center isn’t more of a need than wide receiver? Where we have Hopkins, hollywood (for whom we just traded a 1st), Moore (2nd rounder) and what’s-his-face (the guy who actually makes the plays we drafted Moore to make). Weird take. Wrong take.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Players like Hakeem Butler, Dorian Johnson and Deionte Thompson? What we see as players falling due to public draft hype is actually NFL teams completely disagreeing with that hype.

There are reasons these players "fell" that normally leads to them being busts. I'd rather they stick to their board and take the guys they like. Taking the guy that was a 1st round prospect like Ringo that's fallen that far is a Keim move.

But as you say, to each his own :)
I mean you can point out a ringo and someone could point out a DK Metcalf or Aeneas Williams. Players fall for different reasons. Some fall for good reasons and suck. Some fall for bad reasons and end up steals.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeahbut Rice played at Mississippi Valley State and had a great team around him (for that level). Wilson played at Stanford, which has sucked for years and faces FAR superior competition than a tiny school like MVS.
I can’t believe the jerry rice comp is continuing . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, there's a more significant number of gainfully employed evaluators who think not mid-way through the fifth round and counting. I've lost count but there must be at least a half-dozen centres now off the board.
Yup. Different professionals have different opinions. Only difference is Harry has direct access to his gainfully employed evaluators . : . do you?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this headline!! And love my Thorns!!! Ok, might get his jersey now and wear it to Thorns matches!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In your opinion ;)
In the opinion of every scout I heard opine on this class, this wasn't a great class.

There were teams that only handed out 15 1st round grades this year. There are some classes where there are close to 40 1st round grades.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree in the fact that Wilson will not fail in the NFL due to a lack of effort.

I don't think he fails on talent either. Jim Nagy has been doing this a long time. He doesn't pile the praise on like he did with WIlson without good cause.

Injuries are an obvious concern but they shouldn't be an issue in theory with them being random bone issues. But on saying that some guys are sometimes more prone to these things. We shall see.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This, to me, was our biggest head scratcher pick. Oft injured, Lower speed. Hadn't watched any tape on him.

However, after film I will shut my mouth and wait and see. He has elite footwork, change of speed, and route running. Looks faster on film than clocked. His interviews show hige intelligence and drive. Gives me Anquan Boldin vibes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This, to me, was our biggest head scratcher pick. Oft injured, Lower speed. Hadn't watched any tape on him.

However, after film I will shut my mouth and wait and see. He has elite footwork, change of speed, and route running. Looks faster on film than clocked. His interviews show hige intelligence and drive. Gives me Anquan Boldin vibes.
Recently I heard a scout say this about receiver speed:

Speed doesn't matter much for a receiver. A receiver knows where they are going and if they run a good route they can get open.

The same can't be said for cornerback.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Eh, disagree. This is where you cherry pick really good players that have fallen through the crack. Day three is where you roll the dice on these types of guys. To each his own.
I agree but they must love the guy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Wait, you think center isn’t more of a need than wide receiver? Where we have Hopkins, hollywood (for whom we just traded a 1st), Moore (2nd rounder) and what’s-his-face (the guy who actually makes the plays we drafted Moore to make). Weird take. Wrong take.
DORTCH!!!

Remember the name, RESPECT the game!

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Too much fixation on Center. A potential star WR that can start right away is way more valuable that a C that's going to take a year or more to develop.
You are right. We don't need a center until the preseason starts and those games don't count. We could wait until teams until the teams cut down to the 53 man roster. There are always good centers that are cut. Then we just pick one for cheap.