2023 2nd round #41 pick is BJ Ojulari LB

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BJ has 282 defensive snaps.

Kobie Turner who has 5.5 sacks is at 486 defensive snaps

Will Anderson who has 5 sacks is at 546 defensive snaps

Byron Young who has 5 sacks is at 698 defensive snaps
He seemed stiff and slow to start the year but I guess it is to be expected coming off of a knee injury. He has looked much better over the last few weeks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@Ronin - can we merge this thread with the BJ Ojulari draft thread to keep everything in one spot moving forward?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love hyping up our rookie, but I think this thread demonstrates why its bad to measure an edge rushers impact by sacks alone.
Yes. Ojulari has 4 sacks on 7 pressures which is Dennis Gardeck level unsustainable. Happy he is on the field and getting reps. Needs to become more impactful to be apart of the team's long term plans. Should have the time and opportunity to do so.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to believe in this solid rotation of guys on the front seven. Depending on one or two great players is fine until they get injured.

I also believe we have more than a couple of these rotational guys on this roster right now.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am beginning to believe in this solid rotation of guys on the front seven. Depending on one or two great players is fine until they get injured. If

I also believe we have more than a couple of these rotational guys on this roster right now.
This is a very strange take to have about the 30th-ranked yardage and 25th-ranked points defense in the NFL. 31st vs the run; 12th vs the pass (raw yardage -- we're allowing opponents a 101.1 passer rating).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very strange take to have about the 30th-ranked yardage and 25th-ranked points defense in the NFL. 31st vs the run; 12th vs the pass (raw yardage -- we're allowing opponents a 101.1 passer rating).
There’s a lot that goes into this. I’m not saying we are close to being good yet but there are guys in this group to build on. BJ, Gardeck, Stills, White can be a part of that. If you’re waiting for us to sign Jones you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.
With injuries the way there are I’d rather have two very good players and 5 solid guys rather than 1 great player 3 decent guys and 4 bums.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why? you don't think he's fresher coming in on limited snaps, really with only one job to attack the passer, as opposed to guys who are every down players?
He's 20 years old, I would hope he'd look fresh with 20 plays or 60 plays.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot that goes into this. I’m not saying we are close to being good yet but there are guys in this group to build on. BJ, Gardeck, Stills, White can be a part of that. If you’re waiting for us to sign Jones you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.
With injuries the way there are I’d rather have two very good players and 5 solid guys rather than 1 great player 3 decent guys and 4 bums.
This is the same unbelievably flawed argument used this off-season when people talked themselves into Barbarian, Myjai Sanders, Thomas and other drek as for why we didn’t need to draft Will Anderson or go after an impact pass rusher.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure where that pressure number is coming from. PFR has him with seven.
How do you describe a pressure? forcing the qb getting rid of the ball, how close he has to be ?
Some qb feel the pressure differently from others

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How do you describe a pressure? forcing the qb getting rid of the ball, how close he has to be ?
Some qb feel the pressure differently from others

• Pressures: QB pressures (hurries + knockdowns + sack plays). Note that "sack plays" in this instance include both sacks and assists.
  • Hurried: Times QBs were hurried - defined as a situation when the QB is forced to throw the ball earlier than intended or is chased around/out of the pocket as the result of defensive pressure

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

• Pressures: QB pressures (hurries + knockdowns + sack plays). Note that "sack plays" in this instance include both sacks and assists.
  • Hurried: Times QBs were hurried - defined as a situation when the QB is forced to throw the ball earlier than intended or is chased around/out of the pocket as the result of defensive pressure
Thank u
So in the pressure numbers the sacks plays are like interceptions counted as pass deflections, even if some sites Just count deflectons without interceptions

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard