Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
BJ has 282 defensive snaps.

Kobie Turner who has 5.5 sacks is at 486 defensive snaps

Will Anderson who has 5 sacks is at 546 defensive snaps

Byron Young who has 5 sacks is at 698 defensive snaps
You think if Ojulari had 260 more snaps he might find another sack or two?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's not with another team, like Reddick. Hopefully this staff can recognize and keep talent.
I think he sticks. Dude is just young as hell...a boy amongst men out there...and still he produces...a few years, some nfl training, and more experience and he could be really good

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Gotta give credit to Monti for this draft.
Agree... even Wilson, while it seems his injury issues have followed him into the league....we hated on Rondale for the same issue the past couple seasons but now it seems the nfl trainers are paying off...with any luck Wilson will see the same improvement to his durability... my only fear with him is that his injuries are more structural than soft tissue....some bodies just can't hack it at the pro level... Wilson may just be a bad ass accountant that you really want on your company's flag team...
But I really hope not. He is such a good kid

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was really bashing this kid earlier in the season. Glad I was wrong. Looks like he has the potential to be a good one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BJ has 282 defensive snaps.

Kobie Turner who has 5.5 sacks is at 486 defensive snaps

Will Anderson who has 5 sacks is at 546 defensive snaps

Byron Young who has 5 sacks is at 698 defensive snaps
BJ = Sack every 70.5 snaps

KT = Sack every 88.36 snaps

WA = Sack every 109.2 snaps

BY = Sack every 139.6 snaps

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ = Sack every 70.5 snaps

KT = Sack every 88.36 snaps

WA = Sack every 109.2 snaps

BY = Sack every 139.6 snaps
Tough to make these side by side comparisons. Those guys are proving they can play more of the game and still be effective once worn down. BJ gets to come in much fresher, which is to his advantage balancing out the limited snaps.

I’m just happy he’s making the most out of the opportunities he’s getting. Whether or not that translates into more remains to be seen as people were crowing about how effective Thomas and Sanders were in limited snaps last year. Unfortunately that translated to absolutely nothing this year. I’m hopeful BJ doesn’t follow the the same path but until he can prove effective as a full time starter, it’s tough to compare him to others doing the same.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
BJ plays limited snaps because he is week against the run. Maybe he can gain strength and be more effective against the run in the future.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tough to make these side by side comparisons. Those guys are proving they can play more of the game and still be effective once worn down. BJ gets to come in much fresher, which is to his advantage balancing out the limited snaps.
Eh that's one way to look at it, but not necessarily true.

The Rams for example have no one else to play other than Young. Their edge group is hot garbage, much worse than the Cardinals so he gets a ton of snaps.
I’m just happy he’s making the most out of the opportunities he’s getting. Whether or not that translates into more remains to be seen as people were crowing about how effective Thomas and Sanders were in limited snaps last year. Unfortunately that translated to absolutely nothing this year. I’m hopeful BJ doesn’t follow the the same path but until he can prove effective as a full time starter, it’s tough to compare him to others doing the same.
I think Cam Thomas' issue is that he bulked up this off-season but is being used in a similar fashion as he was last year. He's also in a heavy rotation and guys like Dimukeje have been more effective than last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BJ plays limited snaps because he is week against the run. Maybe he can gain strength and be more effective against the run in the future.
I didnt see him being weak against the run to be honest, I guess he made more tackle for snaps then our other pass rushers
He can disingage from blockers and he makes also plays in pursuit, he has very good speed and surprising strength considering his body frame
He is only 21 so he will improve a lot in that area too

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I think that’s kind of a stretch

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the key is he figured out he couldn't just use the same move every time.

Remember Calvin Pace as a rookie? Same thing on every down and couldn't get a sack. Wasn't until he learned to counter that he became good. Ojulari has figured out you can't just run around NFL tackles the way you can college ones. so he's giving them moves now, go out then duck in, vice versa, last week had a great spin move. I've seen the swim move too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard