2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Couple good options at tackle in the coming draft as well. Not sure if that would be an option , probably depends on where those picks end up. I still believe Hump would be a guy to keep around but I think he would be really great if he kicked inside to guard.
Hey... if kyler shows out this season...but we end up with picks 3 and 5...

MHJ + Best LT in the draft is a huge fuggin win for me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That’s kinda where I’m at. Unless there’s a Bruce smith/Reggie white sitting there. Build a dominant offense and then have top (hopefully) coaches coach up the defense to middle of the pack.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IDK - heard rumors of Viking interest in Kyler and now Dallas maybe done with Prescott. This team is going to be bad. I want the top 2 picks with the #2 being traded for even more capital.
If kyler is traded we will want to hang onto those top two picks to nab a QB and Harrison jr (unless we can trade a single slot to a QB hungry team and still grab Harrison jr).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Who said bad QB? Think serviceable.

What's your example?

If the Cardinals Defense is really bad it's possible that Kyler loses a bunch of shootouts?

So we're going to lose games 35-7 for the first 6-8 weeks of the season and then lose them 35-28 at the end of the season? Isn't the idea that good coaching makes the difference in tight games? How do you have ++ QB play and ++ coaching and still end up with a top 3 pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am not opposed with the idea of adding a LT in next year's class. I don't know that we will be in a position to, but I like the players. And I would enjoy the Cardinals having a quality OL.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we're going to lose games 35-7 for the first 6-8 weeks of the season and then lose them 35-28 at the end of the season? Isn't the idea that good coaching makes the difference in tight games? How do you have ++ QB play and ++ coaching and still end up with a top 3 pick.

I don't think that will happen. You asked how it could happen and I gave a possible scenario.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not opposed with the idea of adding a LT in next year's class. I don't know that we will be in a position to, but I like the players. And I would enjoy the Cardinals having a quality OL.

Are we thinking Paris can't play LT?

Feels like he would slide to LT and we would draft RT and/or G.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Ideally you keep a guy at the position he is playing well at and you bring in someone else to fill the other side. RT to LT isn't a super easy transition and there is no guarantee that it would be successful.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I think it comes down to where he performs best. If he looks like an all pro at RT, leave him there. Just go back and read the article about Tristan Wirfs, to have an idea of why it's not always easy to move them from one side to the other.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i think that if Kyler shows out -- and lets say thats for 10 games

i think they win enough games to be lower in the draft than 5 --- and further, it probably means DJ Humphries played pretty well too

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we really are tanking, and with so many good teams struggling on their OL's, I can see us trading Hump in the near future. He will get us a pretty good return. I'm hoping it doesn't happen. And in order for it to happen, they would probably have to see Paris at LT, this week or next.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ideally you keep a guy at the position he is playing well at and you bring in someone else to fill the other side. RT to LT isn't a super easy transition and there is no guarantee that it would be successful.

I think it comes down to where he performs best. If he looks like an all pro at RT, leave him there. Just go back and read the article about Tristan Wirfs, to have an idea of why it's not always easy to move them from one side to the other.

I would argue its still harder to find a true LT (blindside) than RT.

The difference is Wirfs only played RT in college - big switch to LT in the pro's.

Paris played LT and never played RT - we are making him make the same switch as Wirfs as a rookie.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we really are tanking, and with so many good teams struggling on their OL's, I can see us trading Hump in the near future. He will get us a pretty good return. I'm hoping it doesn't happen. And in order for it to happen, they would probably have to see Paris at LT, this week or next.
Here is what I don't get at all. If the marching orders to all concerned are discipline, order, attention to detail etc etc how does management make player moves that are obvious "tanking" moves. Can the team lose an ungodly amount of games...no doubt however it will not be a result of tanking, it will be the overall quality of the other guys versus our guys. Do you think a whole bunch of "Young Turks" joining an organization as they are attempting to better themselves in new positions, wouod come in to be part of a tanking party....no way. That is not how a career building program starts in my opinion. If you need a paycheck, been around the block many times, yeah sign me up.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would argue its still harder to find a true LT (blindside) than RT.

The difference is Wirfs only played RT in college - big switch to LT in the pro's.

Paris played LT and never played RT - we are making him make the same switch as Wirfs as a rookie.
He mostly played RG in college and had a season at LT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard