2021 NBA All-Star Activities and Game

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They could have done the dunk, skill, and 3pt contest remotely. I guess only using All-Stars for the 3pt and Skill contest minimizes travel and personnel some but they probably should have been skipped.

I do like the idea of the dunk contest being halftime entertainment but it seems like the contestants are even more unknowns than usual.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s why I think they’re all vaccinated. Risk/reward is not even close to close.

I think Adam Silver is a pretty straight shooter. He thinks most players will ultimately choose to get vaccinated but he is not one for jumping the line.

By Tim Bontemps ESPN:

"My hunch is that most players ultimately will choose to get vaccinated. They have to make personal decisions at the end of the day -- and I take that very seriously, and I take concerns very seriously. But my sense is most [players] will, ultimately, decide it is in their interest to get vaccinated."

---------------------------------------------------

"So, in addition, as we operate under the so-called work quarantine protocol, where players are largely only going between their homes and the arena, once they get vaccinated they'll be able to do more in their communities. And that's something we've already begun talking to the players' association about. So there will be some real advantages and benefits to getting vaccinated for the players."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...t-players-get-covid-19-vaccine-required-do-so

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul gets first round bye in Skills Challenge.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big men have an unfair advantage making layups. :D

Making my defense for Chris Paul.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry with a 31 in first round of 3-point shot contest and it felt like he could have scored higher.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Stephen Curry beats Mike Conley in the 3-point contest.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
And Stephen Curry beats Mike Conley in the 3-point contest.
On the last shot no less. Would have probably been more interesting with Booker taking part, but would obviously rather have him healthy for the real basketball.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the last shot no less. Would have probably been more interesting with Booker taking part, but would obviously rather have him healthy for the real basketball.

It resembled the 2020 3-point shooting contest when Buddy Hield beat Devin Booker on the last shot.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These games aren’t very entertaining anymore.