2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I found something I like. The kid graduated college in 2.5 years. Took 12 hours of classes a day. Respect.

As I said before. None of us know anything until they hit the field. There's been many draft stars who have been bums and many "bums" who have been stars. It's done so I will support the kid and hope he does well.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would guess there's more failed tall WRs that made it because you'd better offer game breaking speed, route running, or hands to be a short WR even in college. There's just not that many guys out there where, whereas a big dude is at least likely to be strong or tall enough to catch over others' heads.

It's kinda like basketball, where there's likely a lot more failed 7 foot centers than 5'9 centers because very few exist even at the lowest levels.
Your analogy doesn’t make sense. There are no 5’9 centers. There are however successful WRs in the NFL under 5’ 10” that weigh 180 pounds that have elite athleticism, much like Moore

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
5'9" centres are all the rage in elementary school and nowhere else because they don't exist. Short WR's exist at all levels of football.
I'm just trying to make the point a lot less exist. A 5'7 WR without major speed isn't playing for a college program. A 6'3 WR with marginal speed is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Your analogy doesn’t make sense. There are no 5’9 centers. There are however successful WRs in the NFL under 5’ 10” that weigh 180 pounds that have elite athleticism, much like Moore
Fine, adjust it to 6'5 centers or something. You're nitpicking.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this pick because I can very much see how he fits; most first year receivers wouldn't get much play in this offense because I doubt whether they would supplant Hop, Kirk, or Green. This kid doesn't supplant them; he supplements them.

Let's hope it works this time

AI is still in our minds from last year and we heard the same things about him

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fine, adjust it to 6'5 centers or something. You're nitpicking.
I’m not nitpicking. You’re throwing out an impossible situation to justify the fact that he is short. Still comparing apples to oranges as basketball and football are no where near the same sport. If you want to do that, Mike Tyson was a short heavyweight. I’d say he was a pretty good boxer. How about Jose Altuve in baseball. He’s pretty good :shrug:. He’s a exciting athlete and is electric with the ball in his hands. He’s a football player and a damn good one in my opinion. The “height issue” hasn’t stopped some of the WRs I mentioned beforehand have a pretty good career in the NFL.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've sounded more excited when I get a call from some Indian guy telling me he's phoning from Microsoft about my computer problem.
I've heard he's a no nonsense, let's get it done dude. And he's a hard working SOB to boot.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to laugh at the guys on this board worried about his height. I remember a couple of years ago, when height was supposedly an issue to many on this board with K1. I'm a 5'6" guy myself & played every sport there was. Loved abusing the taller guys. Even in hoops, I knew I'd run circles around the big dudes. Athletes are athletes & they come in many different sizes.

Reaction score
He likely won’t start, but that won’t mean he’s not our second best receiver if he pans out. Just find it difficult to make a definitive statement like “at best” about a talented kid who hasn’t played a down and whose competition is broke down AJ and never-was Kirk.
Bozo who should we have taken?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear to God, if the only thing we hear about this pick for the next 3 to 5 years is “...he squats 600 pounds!” I’m going to kill myself.

For me I said that in response to someone who said we just drafted Tavon Austin. My response was this kid squats 600, Austin can't squat 60 meaning one of the reasons Austin was a bust is he is so small and light that he gets knocked down easily with one hand. Moore probably won't have that issue.

Remember as a rookie Murray went down at the first contact constantly and realized he needed to get stronger, he did, and last year he wasn't going down on these 2 fingers on him tackles. Austin does, I don't think Moore will he's already stronger than most guys his size in the NFL.

He's not a can't miss if he was he'd go top 10 like Waddle did, but he's very unlikely to be Tavon Austin

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Obviously I was talking about seeing him in high school, that's where I started following his career because he's from this area. Selfishly I wanted him to sign with Kentucky & I have season tickets but I knew that wasn't gonna happen. He showed what he can do at the college level & now he's gonna bring that to our Cardinals. The KK offense is perfect for him. 2018 consensus all american his freshman year at Purdue. First freshman in Big 10 history to accomplish that.
I’m not arguing against what he accomplished. Rather I’m just downplaying any relevance of anyone’s (not just your) experience watching a kid in high school.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His YPC is so poor for a college player. Especially one people expect to take the top off. Even in his best year it was only 13.3. Last year it was 7.7.

His college average is 10.8. That's trash for college stats.

For comparison.

Jaylen Waddle - 18.9
Elijah Moore - 12.9
Kadarious Toney 13.3
Devonta SMith - 16.9
D'Wayne Eskridge - 18.5
Rashod Bateman - 16.3
Andy Isabella - 15.3

10.8 YPC in college is like 6 YPC in the NFL.
Yeah that’s a red flag. Feast or famine guy it seems.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard