2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons for Westbrook?

Can KD and Russ make up?

LeBron gets Simmons, who is a Klutch client.

Apparently Westbrook's salary is too much so the Nets would need to include Patty Mills also, if he opts in. Or they could go full on bizarro land and include Kyrie in the deal but then they'd need to take on THT and Nunn from the Lakers as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks reportdely tried to trade for the draft rights of Tyrese Haliburton and were reportedly offering Jalen Brunson and the 18th and 31st picks.

By Tim MacMahon ESPN Staff Writer :

RICK BRUNSON HAS no concerns about his son's free agency affecting his relationship with Rose, who passed on an opportunity to acquire Jalen Brunson a couple of offseasons ago. The Mavs coveted guard Tyrese Haliburton in that draft and aggressively tried to trade up for him, offering a package of Brunson and the 18th and 31st overall picks, league sources told ESPN.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Mavericks reportdely tried to trade for the draft rights of Tyrese Haliburton and were reportedly offering Jalen Brunson and the 18th and 31st picks.

By Tim MacMahon ESPN Staff Writer :

RICK BRUNSON HAS no concerns about his son's free agency affecting his relationship with Rose, who passed on an opportunity to acquire Jalen Brunson a couple of offseasons ago. The Mavs coveted guard Tyrese Haliburton in that draft and aggressively tried to trade up for him, offering a package of Brunson and the 18th and 31st overall picks, league sources told ESPN.

Ouch! I would have really liked that deal for the Suns. Probably could have still gotten Stix at 18 and flipped 31. I like Brunson a lot also. He'd be a great young PG for CP3 to mentor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch! I would have really liked that deal for the Suns. Probably could have still gotten Stix at 18 and flipped 31. I like Brunson a lot also. He'd be a great young PG for CP3 to mentor.

Those were my thoughts exactly. The trade would have solved a lot of problems now and going forward. Of course Brunson will want to get paid as he is a free agent this summer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons for Westbrook?

Can KD and Russ make up?

LeBron gets Simmons, who is a Klutch client.

Apparently Westbrook's salary is too much so the Nets would need to include Patty Mills also, if he opts in. Or they could go full on bizarro land and include Kyrie in the deal but then they'd need to take on THT and Nunn from the Lakers as well.

Hell no

KD would never sign off on that

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers to interview Bucks assistant Darvin Ham for their head coach vacancy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons' failure in the playoffs last year was traumatic--as in on a PTSD level. That kid has a tremendous amount of talent and I believe he has a future in basketball, but he is going to have to find a team with a coach that can really coach and back him, and a team where he can be the #4 or so guy at least to begin with. Getting his mind right again is going to take time.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Simmons' failure in the playoffs last year was traumatic--as in on a PTSD level. That kid has a tremendous amount of talent and I believe he has a future in basketball, but he is going to have to find a team with a coach that can really coach and back him, and a team where he can be the #4 or so guy at least to begin with. Getting his mind right again is going to take time.
Meanwhile on planet reality Joel Embid would kill to play. With a broken face. I would be ready to move out of state if for some reason the Suns had to deal with Ben Simmons.
The frustration those fans went through in Philly...is the best thing out of the whole situation. Because F Philly

Did ya see that Uturn coming?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meanwhile on planet reality Joel Embid would kill to play. With a broken face. I would be ready to move out of state if for some reason the Suns had to deal with Ben Simmons.
The frustration those fans went through in Philly...is the best thing out of the whole situation. Because F Philly

Did ya see that Uturn coming?
Don't want Simmons either. Maybe a team that wants to turn it around with a very good coach and situation--like San Antonio or something.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't want Simmons either. Maybe a team that wants to turn it around with a very good coach and situation--like San Antonio or something.
Nah, I get what you're saying for the right coach/team he could be a diamond in the rough.
He for sure has the skills, no doubt, I'd love to see him get his head back in it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Herro wins Sixth Man award. Cam Johnson finished third.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyler Herro wins Sixth Man award. Cam Johnson finished third.

I'm glad he got some recognition. Might be for the best that he didn't win since an extension for him will be negotiated this summer. He's going to get paid but he probably lost a few million by not winning. I think a deal for 4 years/$75-85 is fair for both sides.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad he got some recognition. Might be for the best that he didn't win since an extension for him will be negotiated this summer. He's going to get paid but he probably lost a few million by not winning. I think a deal for 4 years/$75-85 is fair for both sides.

I guess we will see what Tyler Herro gets paid as a barometer of what Cam Johnson will get paid although hopefully less.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we will see what Tyler Herro gets paid as a barometer of what Cam Johnson will get paid although hopefully less.

What I figured is Davis Bertrans got paid after a season similar to Cam. He's also a PF. He was overpaid a little at the time, it was 2 years ago, but I saw him mentioned last off-season as a potential Cam Johnson comparison when it comes to contract negotiation time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I figured is Davis Bertrans got paid after a season similar to Cam. He's also a PF. He was overpaid a little at the time, it was 2 years ago, but I saw him mentioned last off-season as a potential Cam Johnson comparison when it comes to contract negotiation time.

Bertans was way overpaid as you note, especially so looking at his contract now.

I going to have to get used to sticker shock but 5/75 sounds about right for Cam Johnson.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion says he was actually cleared to play and his plan was always to surprise people and play in game 7 so he's disappointed he didn't get the chance.

Dude if you were cleared to play but wanted to surprise people your teammates and fans should be disappointed with you? Or you shouldn't tell us you were ready to play if you actually weren't.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion says he was actually cleared to play and his plan was always to surprise people and play in game 7 so he's disappointed he didn't get the chance.

Dude if you were cleared to play but wanted to surprise people your teammates and fans should be disappointed with you? Or you shouldn't tell us you were ready to play if you actually weren't.

If he was cleared then he should have played game 6 in New Orleans. That would have been a surprise and also nice for their fans.

I don't know what he's thinking saying this. Pretty dumb because it doesn't help him, at all, if anything it makes him look more self centered.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wait...WHAT?!

If that’s true he’s a complete POS. If the doctors cleared you and you didn’t play you just hung your entire team and coaches out to dry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson