2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Zion says he was actually cleared to play and his plan was always to surprise people and play in game 7 so he's disappointed he didn't get the chance.

Dude if you were cleared to play but wanted to surprise people your teammates and fans should be disappointed with you? Or you shouldn't tell us you were ready to play if you actually weren't.
Fake report

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...WHAT?!

If that’s true he’s a complete POS. If the doctors cleared you and you didn’t play you just hung your entire team and coaches out to dry.
He'd been out for quite awhile so there's going to be some time between medical clearance and the point where he's in shape enough to play. Don't know any of the particulars though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read that he was cleared to practice and resume BB activities in early March, most were dated March 5th. Not sure why he never made an appearance but he had a month an a half, almost two months to work himself into shape.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read that he was cleared to practice and resume BB activities in early March, most were dated March 5th. Not sure why he never made an appearance but he had a month an a half, almost two months to work himself into shape.
He was cleared back in November too but just a few days later they shut him down completely again. It's probably happened more than once this season. I don't know what his deal is but I know I read team statements during the playoffs saying they didn't think he'd be ready to play this postseason.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Next guy to get paid always gets paid more.

Plus Cam is a three point shooter and that’s a premium in the NBA.
I agree but Bridges does so much more with having to guard the opposing teams best player night in and night out while still having to score for us to be at our deadliest. Cam should get $15-20 million. He’s not as good a defender and he’s a lot more injury prone compared to Mikal.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but Bridges does so much more with having to guard the opposing teams best player night in and night out while still having to score for us to be at our deadliest. Cam should get $15-20 million. He’s not as good a defender and he’s a lot more injury prone compared to Mikal.

I don’t think we count on Bridges to score at all. When he does it’s a bonus but he still goes missing. Bridges also took a discount that’s why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid

Cam is also a very good defender

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don’t think we count on Bridges to score at all. When he does it’s a bonus but he still goes missing. Bridges also took a discount that’s why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid

Cam is also a very good defender
I get it, but Mikal is on another planet as a defender while being able to provide a similar level of offense as Cam.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Warriors are not the Warriors of old. Both Klay and Steph lost a step and Poole is looking pedestrian. Suns can beat them when they can make their shots.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are not the Warriors of old. Both Klay and Steph lost a step and Poole is looking pedestrian. Suns can beat them when they can make their shots.
Warriors have looked unbeatable at times though, especially against someone other than Memphis. Memphis is scary, I don't understand how so many people have missed that fact. Memphis, Boston and Phoenix were the best teams in the NBA the second half of the season and for good reason.

Memphis is young and untested and will probably blow a game or two they shouldn't and maybe even lose a series because of it but they are for real.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors have looked unbeatable at times though, especially against someone other than Memphis. Memphis is scary, I don't understand how so many people have missed that fact. Memphis, Boston and Phoenix were the best teams in the NBA the second half of the season and for good reason.

Memphis is young and untested and will probably blow a game or two they shouldn't and maybe even lose a series because of it but they are for real.
I said in the game thread Memphis is too undisciplined to win a title this year. They need a steady veteran.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said in the game thread Memphis is too undisciplined to win a title this year. They need a steady veteran.

All we need the Grizzlies to do is take out the Warriors.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one game I went to this year was Grizz at Suns. Ja won the game in the last couple of seconds with a drive to the hoop. Consequently, the Grizz make me nervous.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they'll win it all either but there isn't a team in the playoffs that Memphis couldn't send home. They could easily be up 2-0 on the team that MANY have called the best team in the NBA when healthy.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think they'll win it all either but there isn't a team in the playoffs that Memphis couldn't send home. They could easily be up 2-0 on the team that MANY have called the best team in the NBA when healthy.
They will make a series out of any team left - just don't see them being consistent enough to win it all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Simmons is expected to need 3-4 months to recover from back surgery.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Simmons is expected to need 3-4 months to recover from back surgery.

This makes people who called him a mental bitch look pretty stupid. And I say that not remembering if I might have been one of them!

That’s a real surgery for a legit back issue.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes people who called him a mental bitch look pretty stupid. And I say that not remembering if I might have been one of them!

Back surgery is never a good thing. If Simmons comes back at full strength the Nets made a good trade especially with all the extra assets.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Still kind of weak this happens now. It's a serious surgery and I doubt it wasn't discussed previously. Why is just now happening? Did he hold off to ensure his way out of Philly? This raises more questions than provides answers.