2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still kind of weak this happens now. It's a serious surgery and I doubt it wasn't discussed previously. Why is just now happening? Did he hold off to ensure his way out of Philly? This raises more questions than provides answers.
Steve Nash had said publicly he did not need it. I assume that was the opinion of team doctors. It looks like he went outside the team and got his own opinion and had his own surgery.

Gotta wonder what is going on in Philly to turn two #1 picks into mental basketcases.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still kind of weak this happens now. It's a serious surgery and I doubt it wasn't discussed previously. Why is just now happening? Did he hold off to ensure his way out of Philly? This raises more questions than provides answers.
Not to me. You hold off on back surgery for as long as humanly possible because once you do ANYTHING to the back and discs, it’s never the same structurally. The disc doesn’t regenerate and heal like broken bones do. So it is the absolute LAST step anyone with a back surgery wants to take.

Because once you’ve had one back surgery, especially that young, you can bet your ass there’s going to be another down there road.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to me. You hold off on back surgery for as long as humanly possible because once you do ANYTHING to the back and discs, it’s never the same structurally. The disc doesn’t regenerate and heal like broken bones do. So it is the absolute LAST step anyone with a back surgery wants to take.

Because once you’ve had one back surgery, especially that young, you can bet your ass there’s going to be another down there road.
Sounds to me like the team was telling him he did not need it, but he got a second opinion after the season that said he did.

There is a lot of scamming/fraud in the back injury/surgery industry. Hope he got good advice.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the team was telling him he did not need it, but he got a second opinion after the season that said he did.

There is a lot of scamming/fraud in the back injury/surgery industry. Hope he got good advice.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the primary motivation is to build his case that the Sixers owe him his full salary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the primary motivation is to build his case that the Sixers owe him his full salary.
Interesting. Never considered that.

Welcoming on a lifetime of likely pain for 15 million, when you’ve already made over a 100 million… definitely an interesting scenario.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Covington agrees to a 2 year, $24 million contract extension with Clippers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Rachel Nichols was no longer with ESPN.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Rachel Nichols was no longer with ESPN.

Yeah, she's been gone for awhile. They fired her and then they settled up because she had a pretty solid legal case against them.

I know a lot of fans didn't like her, she annoyed me at times too but for the most part I thought she was very good at her job. And I can't say that for a lot of the on air talent at ESPN.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the second consecutive season, Nikola Jokic is voted MVP.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trail Blazers promote Joe Cronin to GM position.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zach Kleiman of Memphis Grizzlies wins NBA Executive of the Year.