2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks win tonight and are now only one game back from #1 in the East.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A sizeable portion of the national media are there to sell the big market teams and players. It's that simple.

Also the NBA investigation doesn't help.

I don’t think that’s it. Lowe was talking about how winning factors in to all NBA and that’s why he has Luka(Dallas) and Ja(Memphis) on the first team.

Winning matters but apparently not for Booker

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s it. Lowe was talking about how winning factors in to all NBA and that’s why he has Luka(Dallas) and Ja(Memphis) on the first team.

Winning matters but apparently not for Booker

A lot of these national media people like flash and not substance. It's the flavor of the day.

Personally I don't care what they say except:

Devin Booker should be MVP.

Mikal Bridges should be the Defensive Player of the Year.

And Monty Williams should be Coach of the Year.

This is where their opinions hurt.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A lot of these national media people like flash and not substance. It's the flavor of the day.

Personally I don't care what they say except:

Devin Booker should be MVP.

Mikal Bridges should be the Defensive Player of the Year.

And Monty Williams should be Coach of the Year.

I'd gladly bet 1 of those 3 things happen, possibly 2 of 3, but there's no way all 3 will happen. Monty and Mikal being the most likely.

I'd say Monty is a lock. Not just because of how hot the team has been all year but also to make up for last season's decision.

I'd say Mikal is a lock for 1st team All Defense also but a toss up for DPOY.

Another you forgot, Cam Johnson should be Sixth Man of the Years but its unlikely he'll even finish top 3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd gladly bet 1 of those 3 things happen, possibly 2 of 3, but there's no way all 3 will happen. Monty and Mikal being the most likely.

I'd say Monty is a lock. Not just because of how hot the team has been all year but also to make up for last season's decision.

I'd say Mikal is a lock for 1st team All Defense also but a toss up for DPOY.

Another you forgot, Cam Johnson should be Sixth Man of the Years but its unlikely he'll even finish top 3.

I agree, the Suns will be lucky to get two out of three.

With Cam Johnson missing so much time, it's hard to see him winning the Sixth Man award.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Booker is not coming close to winning MVP. It’s just a fact. He’s probably behind Tatum who’s behind 3 other guys.

However it would be a travesty if he doesn’t make all-NBA. The fact that smart basketball ppl have to have do gymnastics to find him a spot is asinine.

The guard locks are Booker, Paul, Luka, Ja and Steph. I’m counting Tatum and DeRozan as wings.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is not coming close to winning MVP. It’s just a fact. He’s probably behind Tatum who’s behind 3 other guys.

However it would be a travesty if he doesn’t make all-NBA. The fact that smart basketball ppl have to have do gymnastics to find him a spot is asinine.

The guard locks are Booker, Paul, Luka, Ja and Steph. I’m counting Tatum and DeRozan as wings.

Booker, Ja, Giannis, Luka, Embiid on 1st team
Paul, Steph, KD, Tatum, Jokic for 2nd Team
Trae Young, Mitchell, DeRozen, Lebron, Gobert for 3rd Team

Wouldn't surprise me to see LeBron moved up to 2nd team, swapped with KD. Hopefully they vote Luka as a forward to make it all work because there are plenty of deserving guards but forwards is a tougher choice, especially for 1st team because the Lakers and Nets haven't won enough to add KD or LeBron there and I'd be surprised to see Tatum ahead of both of those guys.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If Booker played in LA or NY he would be the GOAT already.
But he plays in Phoenix where the Mens penises are easily 5 inches longer then the rest of the world. And they hate us because they anus.
Let's say we let them have this one.
And with that I realize that maybe I drank a little too much tonight, good night.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Booker, Ja, Giannis, Luka, Embiid on 1st team
Paul, Steph, KD, Tatum, Jokic for 2nd Team
Trae Young, Mitchell, DeRozen, Lebron, Gobert for 3rd Team

Wouldn't surprise me to see LeBron moved up to 2nd team, swapped with KD. Hopefully they vote Luka as a forward to make it all work because there are plenty of deserving guards but forwards is a tougher choice, especially for 1st team because the Lakers and Nets haven't won enough to add KD or LeBron there and I'd be surprised to see Tatum ahead of both of those guys.

Honestly if the Lakers don’t win their two play-in games thus missing the playoffs Lebron shouldn’t even make 2nd team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly if the Lakers don’t win their two play-in games thus missing the playoffs Lebron shouldn’t even make 2nd team.

I agree. He's leading the league in scoring and at his age that deserves some recognition, which 3rd Team should provide, but I have a feeling the voters will largely ignore the Lakers implosion this year and their record. That's why I said it wouldn't surprise me to see him elected to 2nd team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ja Morant will be re-evaluated in a couple of weeks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. I don't want to face the Griz without Morant. They are so much better without him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I called this with Ja back at the All Star Game. The league falls for this ball dominant guard every year and they always break down.

The little athletic guys usually don’t last. It’s almost like there to athletic for there own body

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard