2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, now that the Suns have clinched, the rest of the games are just the losers bracket.

On to the playoffs.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Shaq is picking the Lakers to knock out Phoenix in the first round... assuming they even make it to the first round.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq is picking the Lakers to knock out Phoenix in the first round... assuming they even make it to the first round.

With his batting average would you rather he pick us to beat the Lakers?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Fuel for the proverbial fire.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2023 the Jazz are scheduled to host the NBA All-Star game.

The NBA All-Star game was pulled from Charlotte after HB2 legislation was passed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me the Celtics have been a different team since they added Derrick White and Daniel Theis.

They fit perfectly with the team and gave them a bench. Celtics are now 9-1.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True about the Celtics. There are many who are now claiming that they are the clear favorite in the East.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me the Celtics have been a different team since they added Derrick White and Daniel Theis.

They fit perfectly with the team and gave them a bench. Celtics are now 9-1.
They've certainly improved from that point but they actually turned it around a few weeks earlier. They blew a huge lead to the Knicks and that seemed to be the final straw in the clubhouse and from that point on they've focused more on playing defense and sharing the ball.

Clearly we have the best record but even ignoring the record, IMO, we're the best team in the NBA. But if I'm wrong and we aren't the best team, it's Boston.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've certainly improved from that point but they actually turned it around a few weeks earlier. They blew a huge lead to the Knicks and that seemed to be the final straw in the clubhouse and from that point on they've focused more on playing defense and sharing the ball.

Clearly we have the best record but even ignoring the record, IMO, we're the best team in the NBA. But if I'm wrong and we aren't the best team, it's Boston.

The change occurred somewhere around the trade deadline. I didn't pay much attention to when it occurred so you may well be correct.

I'm a big believer in good players that work hard. That's one of the things the Suns have going for them. Theis and White are those kind of players. I gave the Celtics high grades when they traded for them near the trade deadline plus there may be some addition by subtraction in those trades as well.

The Pelicans were huge winners as well.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Boston come out of the East either.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ja will miss 25+ games if he doesn’t come back. Luka will be first team as will Giannis.

Oh that’s right. I forgot about him being out. Yeah that’s going to hold him back. I agree Luka takes his spot.

I’d still put Tatum above Giannis the Celtics have been on Fire the second half of the season but your right they’ll vote for Giannis

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree they should do away with positions for All NBA teams. The rookie teams don't adhere to that structure and they typically get it right with the top 10 rookies every year because of that.

I'm a little surprised the All-NBA teams haven't done away with them already since they can play a large part in the amount of money players can make with the Super Max and Rose Rule.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors-Pacers game that was suspended because of a fire at Toronto’s Scotiabank Arena is expected to resume soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that’s right. I forgot about him being out. Yeah that’s going to hold him back. I agree Luka takes his spot.

I’d still put Tatum above Giannis the Celtics have been on Fire the second half of the season but your right they’ll vote for Giannis
Giannis over Tatum because not only is Giannis unstoppable on offense, he’s also the best defensive player in the league. Tatum can’t come close to matching that on the other side of the court. Throw in that Giannis has carried that team that’s had a ton of injuries all season in as well and it’s no contest for me.

Giannis is a living legend out there right now and I think he doesn’t get nearly the love he deserves. 29.7 ppg, 11.6 rebounds and 5.8 assists while being dominant on D as well? That’s ridiculous. He’s an unstoppable beast at both ends

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Giannis over Tatum because not only is Giannis unstoppable on offense, he’s also the best defensive player in the league. Tatum can’t come close to matching that on the other side of the court. Throw in that Giannis has carried that team that’s had a ton of injuries all season in as well and it’s no contest for me.

Giannis is a living legend out there right now and I think he doesn’t get nearly the love he deserves. 29.7 ppg, 11.6 rebounds and 5.8 assists while being dominant on D as well? That’s ridiculous. He’s an unstoppable beast at both ends
Yup. It’s almost like Giannis got his MVP and his finals so he’s yesterdays news.