2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ja will miss 25+ games if he doesn’t come back. Luka will be first team as will Giannis.
I did not realize Ja was hurt? Luka also had a very slow start this year with some injury and fitness issues that caused him to miss multiple games. I could see that hurting Luka somewhat, although he has played great over the last couple months especially in crunch time situations.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grizzlies keep on rolling without Ja, blowing out the Bucks (without Jrue) 127-102 in Memphis.

I can see that working against Ja as well when voting for 1st, 2nd team, etc. The Grizzlies are too good without him. That's likely what will cost Chris Paul a 1st or 2nd team bid as well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOLakers. Starting to think we’ll be playing the Pellies or Spurs.

Its worth noting that currently the Spurs and Pelicans own tiebreakers over the Lakers. The Lakers and Pelicans play 2 more times so the Lakers can take the tiebreaker there but they're down 0-1 in the season series against them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playing the Spurs in round 1 could be fun. What a way to eradicate some past demons by starting our playoff run against them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOLakers. Starting to think we’ll be playing the Pellies or Spurs.

Looks like Shannon Sharpe is buying smoothies Monday for his broadcast team.

Shaq just looks like an absolute moron. This Lakers team sucks

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone but the Clippers

Even if the Clippers finish 8th, I think they'll beat whoever is 7th. I'd rather not face them either. I read PG13 started practicing with the team this last week, which isn't good for whoever plays them in round 1.

I'd prefer Minnesota or the Lakers if we had our choice. I think the Wolves are better but each series would probably go 5. I could see the Wolves stealing a game against us and I can see the refs giving the Lakers a game so LeBron doesn't get embarrassed by a sweep.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of crazy how 2 of the semifinalist from the Eastern conference might miss the playoffs because of the play-in.

Atlanta is #10 and Brooklyn is #9. Not sure what happened to Atlanta this year. They looked like a legit contender for years to come after their run last year.

Brooklyn meanwhile has dealt with Harden loafing, Kyrie's idiocy, and KD missing approximately 30% of the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Shannon Sharpe is buying smoothies Monday for his broadcast team.

Shaq just looks like an absolute moron. This Lakers team sucks

Shaq is going to say, I said IF they make the 8th seed, but they didn’t.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I promise you one of GS or the Grizzlies are getting knocked out in round 1
You’re drinking the same haterade with the Grizz that you’re accusing the media of drinking with the Suns.

That team is a beast. A beast we’d beat. But still a beast.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re drinking the same haterade with the Grizz that you’re accusing the media of drinking with the Suns.

That team is a beast. A beast we’d beat. But still a beast.

My reasoning is health for both teams.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Memphis is incredibly good without Morant. You could argue they actually play better without him.

Stars win playoff games. Without Morant they'll be tested in a 7 game series. Similar to Golden State.

I actually agree with Chris that one of those teams won't make it out of the 1st round.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stars win playoff games. Without Morant they'll be tested in a 7 game series. Similar to Golden State.

I actually agree with Chris that one of those teams won't make it out of the 1st round.

Right just like we can hold down the fort without Paul or Booker to win it all we are going to need them

That just speaks to how good the Grizz are

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I would typically agree, but Memphis is 17-2 without Morant this year and winning by an average of 18 points in those games. Him being out might hurt their chances of winning against the better teams in the playoffs, but they can absolutely beat whoever they see in the first round without him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The grizz, i havent watched any of their games but i'm wondering if opposing teams are taking them lightly. In the playoffs teams can gameplan against them, completely different ballgame. We shall see if they're ready for that. I think they get bounced in the first round.

They have 10 guys average 7 points or more. Rotations get shortened. The guys ranked 6-10 in scoring , except for Adams, could see a dip in playing time which will drop their production. Jmo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort