2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His RAPM stats bear that out but you don’t need the metrics to figure that out. His “gravity” is pretty apparent on the court cause he’s a threat to score from anywhere. There was a time in his prime where Draymond was just as important.

To be clear I like Wiggins, he's a very good player, but he's not a guy that can take over when Steph is out. Klay so far is simply not good enough to do it. Poole is doing his part to cover some of Curry being out, and Draymond coming back is helping the defense, but they desperately need Wiggins to step up and he's not doing it. Last 10 games under 15PPG, 38% overall 30 from 3. He's still a very good defender, glad we have him, but you can see without Curry it's just much harder for Wiggins to get the looks he was getting earlier in the year.

Even having a down year for him, this season is proving how good Curry is, without him this team is just not very good.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pacers forward T.J. Warren is away from the team for the rest of the 2021-22 season. The following statement was provided to Fieldhouse Files by the team. “T.J. Warren will continue his ramp-up for next season at his home in Raleigh, NC. He has the full support of the Pacers organization and medical staff.”

Back to his old tricks I see

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We know our June destination...
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
only team that I think can beat them is a full healthy Milwaukee team, playing it's A game for the series.

I think Kyrie/KD are just too completely unstoppable forces on offense and they have enough pieces around them to get through the East.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
only team that I think can beat them is a full healthy Milwaukee team, playing it's A game for the series.

I think Kyrie/KD are just too completely unstoppable forces on offense and they have enough pieces around them to get through the East.
Boston is playing REALLY well a maybe should be considered right up there with the favorites in the East. They do not have the unknowns that the Nets or Philly have. Their roster is not as deep as Miami, but their top 7 is really good. I am still not sure about Tatum. Is he on a really good run or is this who he now is?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight we have:

West 2 (Memphis) hosting East 8 (Brooklyn)
West 4 (Utah) at East 4 (Boston)
West 3 (Golden State) at East 1 (Miami)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Stef was gone until the playoffs. Looks like he came back tonight.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I thought Stef was gone until the playoffs. Looks like he came back tonight.
Under the alias Jordan Poole?

It was a solid night for west standings. Utah lost and GS won so that will give GS a better chance of not falling out of 3rd.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you guys are wildly overrating the Nyets.

They are 8-11 with Irving on the court, battling to hold onto 8th and facing the prospect of sweating a hot night from Trae Young of not even making the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Under the alias Jordan Poole?

It was a solid night for west standings. Utah lost and GS won so that will give GS a better chance of not falling out of 3rd.
Did he not play? Thought I saw he did in the box score. So confused.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are a weird team right now, worst loss of the season against the Magic, one day later best win of the season beat the heat without Steph, Klay or Draymond. Poole and Kuminga handled the O, Wiggins closed and Looney dominated the glass.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are a weird team right now, worst loss of the season against the Magic, one day later best win of the season beat the heat without Steph, Klay or Draymond. Poole and Kuminga handled the O, Wiggins closed and Looney dominated the glass.

Maybe the Warriors needed to change things up.

There are always lot of weird games at the end of every season.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you guys are wildly overrating the Nyets.

They are 8-11 with Irving on the court, battling to hold onto 8th and facing the prospect of sweating a hot night from Trae Young of not even making the playoffs.
KD is still the scariest player in the league to me and Kyrie can go of, but I agree. They have no defense and no real coaching able to make adjustments.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson