2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not due to his football ability though. When he was actually eligible to be on the field he was a good player.

It's hilarious how people cling to their initial opinions even when they are proven spectacularly wrong.

Another one of his takes was that DWash was too small, but NFL LBs are now all pretty much DWash size.

I've been wrong a lot more than I've been right on many things.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This might have been posted somewhere in this thread but it is the first I have seen it. The kid was a gymnast, baseball, basketball and track & field athlete growing up before he went football full time. Cool pictures of him growing up.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/colle...n_1d427ddc-2ec1-11eb-a6e7-5f4fe48c9a28.html#1
I never did gymnastics but in hindsight kind of wish I did. It instills a certain level of balance and core strength that non-gymnasts likely never acquire.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I never did gymnastics but in hindsight kind of wish I did. It instills a certain level of balance and core strength that non-gymnasts likely never acquire.

My daughter has been doing gymnastics for like 4 years, and I will say something about male gymnasts: they're fit AF. I'm sure that a lot of it is a self-selecting group, but it's pretty wild to see some of these kids.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
My daughter has been doing gymnastics for like 4 years, and I will say something about male gymnasts: they're fit AF. I'm sure that a lot of it is a self-selecting group, but it's pretty wild to see some of these kids.
My 11-year old's best friend is a pretty serious young gymnast and that kid is super ripped already. Puts me to shame for sure...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who doesn't play in base? Jones, Golden, or Simmons? We aren't playing 4 DBs or 1 lineman in base.

Again if he plays some established starter doesn't. Which means he doesn't play

Literally just like last year

So to answer my question about Collins on draft night....Where does he play?

The answer is he doesn't!!!! LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm very fine with rookies taking a year to become starters, even first rounders. His college tape and measurables are good enough that I'm not worried about him being a bust. Especially since he's probably playing the most complicated position on our defense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

Collins showed way more as a pass rusher in college than Simmons ever did. Also, do you guys really believe Simmons would hold up in the run game at OLB?
Simmons has the skills and the athleticism to get to the QB. Something you want at OLB. I also don't trust Collins to cover TEs when dropping into zone at OLB vs Simmons. I want Zaven to play ILB on obvious run downs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

Collins showed way more as a pass rusher in college than Simmons ever did. Also, do you guys really believe Simmons would hold up in the run game at OLB?

Exactly in a 3-4 the difference in size is huge for an OLB. Simmons just couldn't hold up. Not that I expect Collins to be great if he's there since he hasn't played there all year but I think physically he has a better shot than Simmons at OLB in a 3-4

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson